Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2010, 22:02   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
My gypsy has got the same problem too , what could be the cause ? mechanic told it cannot be repaired , but i doubt it.

Livewire my gypst too stalls in the low end RPM , when i asked my mechanic he told there is a problem with flywheel. thinking of taking my gypsy to MASS
Hi - so I took my gypsy to Competent motors in Mehrauli (Delhi) and the guys say its a prob with the front laef spring - they are apparently "flat". They re saying that the leaf srpings will be replaced (under warranty). Am waiting as the factory is closed till 4th due to the financial year ending. Am hoping to take it sometime next week. And that s when i'll probably get the stalling issued checked as well. Someone told me it s a cluthc adjustment that is required. Lets see what the maruti guys have to say to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
paint choice is something new and refreshing. nice one mate. i really like it.
thanks - it really took some time to get the exact shade i wanted. hats off to the dupont dealer here in delhi (kamal paints near gulabi bagh, delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
My gypsy has got the same problem too , what could be the cause ? mechanic told it cannot be repaired , but i doubt it.

Livewire my gypst too stalls in the low end RPM , when i asked my mechanic he told there is a problem with flywheel. thinking of taking my gypsy to MASS
Hi - Tatsago also has the same issue (that makes it three of us). Maybe the standards have really gone down with MUL..am planning to take it up with the maruti guys - just so that they know. But the guys at the head office are really complacent - they just dont entertain customer issues. I mean I also have the newly launched Royal Enfiled Classic 350 - and you should see their customer service - one mail and you get a response within a day.
Anyways, am chasing the maruti guys and will give them a download - there can t be three brand new gypsy's with the same problem

will update.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 4th April 2010 at 09:49.
Old 11th April 2010, 21:49   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livewire View Post
Hi - so I took my gypsy to Competent motors in Mehrauli (Delhi) and the guys say its a prob with the front laef spring - they are apparently "flat". They re saying that the leaf srpings will be replaced (under warranty). Am waiting as the factory is closed till 4th due to the financial year ending. Am hoping to take it sometime next week. And that s when i'll probably get the stalling issued checked as well. Someone told me it s a cluthc adjustment that is required. Lets see what the maruti guys have to say to that

thanks - it really took some time to get the exact shade i wanted. hats off to the dupont dealer here in delhi (kamal paints near gulabi bagh, delhi)

Hi - Tatsago also has the same issue (that makes it three of us). Maybe the standards have really gone down with MUL..am planning to take it up with the maruti guys - just so that they know. But the guys at the head office are really complacent - they just dont entertain customer issues. I mean I also have the newly launched Royal Enfiled Classic 350 - and you should see their customer service - one mail and you get a response within a day.
Anyways, am chasing the maruti guys and will give them a download - there can t be three brand new gypsy's with the same problem

will update.

Awright guys, another update on the "depression" problem that I was facing on the front left wheel - apprarently it was an issue with the front pads rather than the leaf spring or the shocker..it took the maruti dealer 3 days to identify and fix and that too after having spoken to the Company guys. Anyways-all's well that ends well. The problem is fixed and its driing well now
Old 11th April 2010, 22:47   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
No sir; no third row :-) I had fitted Cielo seats in the front; and a custom made, front-facing sofa for the rear.

What I meant to say that I want to replace this custom-made seat with Innova third row seat. That is much more comfortable.

\N
ntomer - did you finally manage to get your hands on the front-facing rear seats? I had got one fabricated from Azad Designs, but he's done a pathetic job - the seats are inadequate and one can harldy fit in comfortably - so am looking desperately for a replacement.
Old 12th April 2010, 08:24   #49
BHPian

livewire,

Can you let me know what is the fix for the front leaf springs. I will take my Gypsy to MASS this week.

Thanks
Old 13th April 2010, 22:10   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsago View Post
livewire,

Can you let me know what is the fix for the front leaf springs. I will take my Gypsy to MASS this week.

Thanks
well dont exactly know as these guys were pretty hush-hush about the whole thing. After much prodding they said it was an issue with the front "pads". There was no problem with the leaf spring or the shocker. But the problem is not completely rectified. There is still a slight depression in the rear as well (dunno how I missed it earlier).
Speaking to the guys at competent again on thursday (15th apr)
Old 13th April 2010, 22:26   #51
BHPian

Livewire - Take the Gypsy to Motorcraft (MASS) i know a senior guy there (PM Me )
Old 18th April 2010, 17:00   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
Livewire - Take the Gypsy to Motorcraft (MASS) i know a senior guy there (PM Me )
Hey - managed to speak to the Regional Service manager who in turn spoke with the Competent Motor guys - so its fixed as of yesterday - and thanks a ton for the offer...with the way these guys work, am sure i'll need it in the future

and I wonder if these guys win the JD Powers survey for best customer satisfaction, then what are the other doing? ScaRY
Old 18th April 2010, 17:06   #53
BHPian

All right gentlemen - an overall update on the gyspsy ownership experience so far

Have driven it now (mainly city) for over 800 kms. The steering has somehow become a lil lighter than before. Have gone through the first service and no surprises so far. Minor issues with the suspension have now been rectified and the vehicle is handling fine.

Am planning a road trip to the Uttrakhand sometime next month - by then the "running in" wud ve been over and i shud hopefully get a chance to get the 4x4 in action. Seriously considering CFL's before that - hope i can get the moolah organised

On the a/c - with the mercury rising, the a/c is taking a beating. But I think thats the case with almost everyone. The stalling in the first gear seems to ok. I think its more of getting to know the clutch-releas-gas -pressing co-ordination than a tuning issue.

More updates soon
Old 26th April 2010, 00:13   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsago View Post
livewire,

Thanks
Ok, here is how it goes. Appararently, as per Maruti (company folks) there is a slight "depression/tilt" to one side in a gyspy and that is supposed to be ok. And thats coz the weight of the differential is not "balanced". Now, i dont know how much of truth is there in this, but thats what the company guys are saying. So the fix is to "adjust" the torsion of the leaf springs. Hope this helps. PM me in case you need any help
Old 15th June 2010, 23:40   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, here is how it goes. Appararently, as per Maruti (company folks) there is a slight "depression/tilt" to one side in a gyspy and that is supposed to be ok. And thats coz the weight of the differential is not "balanced". Now, i dont know how much of truth is there in this, but thats what the company guys are saying. So the fix is to "adjust" the torsion of the leaf springs. Hope this helps. PM me in case you need any help
IMO it surely does not seem OK. This reply only means the mechanic has no clue why there's a tilt/depression.
Old 29th June 2010, 22:53   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
IMO it surely does not seem OK. This reply only means the mechanic has no clue why there's a tilt/depression.
@honeybee - the guys at competent motors did some minor adjustments and the issue seems resolved. Vehicle handling like a dream now
Old 17th August 2012, 11:23   #57
BHPian

Re: King of the road - Gypsy 1.3 MPFI

Quote:
Gentlemen...

an update. A/C has been installed and is performing pretty ok. A lil bit of issue in the 1st gear - the engine tends to stall and I have to rev a lil more than usual - but i think thats due to the adjustment in the ecb (or rather the lack of it). And I am given to understand that this is something I have to live with (as no one has been able to alter / adjust the ecb). Any thoughts what can be done. I dont want the rev setting to be a constant high as i'll get drained on the petrol consumption. SO any ideas out there?

Got a custom paint job done and the entire interiors. Uploading snaps of the paint job, interiors will follow. Am just waiting for the running in to get over before I can push this baby.

More later, keep it fast and safe gentlemen.

Nice colour for your gypsy livewire,

I am randomly going through your thread on new gypsy, liked your colour combination.

I own a 2011 brand new gypsy, white colour, hard top.

Now got an idea, how a dark metallic red gypsy will look like?

have plans to customise the colour of my gypsy.

Thanks for your wonderful gypsy thread.

Most Viewed