Team-BHP - The commitment to maintain Team-BHP's QUALITY!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Announcements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/)
-   -   The commitment to maintain Team-BHP's QUALITY! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/10775-commitment-maintain-team-bhps-quality-18.html)

Thank you Arun. Since a couple of months, this has already been in place for serious complaints.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunphilip (Post 3701852)
There are times when people create a thread to highlight significant concerns with a car (mechanical failures, etc.).

In few genuine cases, I am a bit surprised to see questions/queries with out those few BHPians going to a garage/ASC for an opinion.

Case is genuine, there is an issue, but at least get that checked with a workshop prior to opening up a thread and or a post.

Almost all of us, sitting quite a lot of distance away can't gauge an issue in your car over our PC/laptop and other devices. If something is peculiar, you want an opinion, dealer/manufacturer isn't cooperating then you are more than welcome to share your woes. But those kat-kat noise or foul smell can be attended by a workshop and if the issue is not diagnosed then other BHPians can chip in.

Similarly, car advise threads in What car. Please, have a test-drive of your shortlisted cars prior to looking for an opinion. It is you who has to spend the $$$ and buy and drive the car.

And please use the search feature prior to opening up a thread. And to effectively use the search feature, we also need to clamp down on acronyms. T-fort won't show up on searches, Toyota Fortuner, will.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 3704904)

Almost all of us, sitting quite a lot of distance away can't gauge an issue in your car over our PC/laptop and other devices. If something is peculiar, you want an opinion, dealer/manufacturer isn't cooperating then you are more than welcome to share your woes. But those kat-kat noise or foul smell can be attended by a workshop and if the issue is not diagnosed then other BHPians can chip in.

I think a post is warranted, not a thread, no?
I mean, it's good to go to a mechanic or asc with a little bit of foreknowledge. We all know that they're not the most ethical bunch of people around, so if some people can tell a mechanically uninclined member that the kat kat sound may be located in rear wheels, he won't come back and say he's bought fully synthetic engine oil. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 3705011)
I mean, it's good to go to a mechanic or asc with a little bit of foreknowledge. We all know that they're not the most ethical bunch of people around

I agree, a post in the official review thread of the car makes a lot of sense. If mods determine that such a post and its subsequent discussion warrants a separate thread, they will branch it out.

Most of us (myself included) like to have an inkling of what the problem is before visiting the A.S.S. so we know what the diagnosis will potentially be (forewarned is forearmed), so people prefer posting about their problem first.

My original suggestion (on the previous page) was more related to people with a low post count suddenly opening a thread mentioning catastrophic failures/problems in the car, without any photographic or other documentary evidence. GTO's response has covered off how the mods handle such threads.

Quote:

if some people can tell a mechanically uninclined member that the kat kat sound may be located in rear wheels, he won't come back and say he's bought fully synthetic engine oil. :)

This is the first post I read in the office, thanks for brightening up my day with an actual LOL :D

Quote:

I mean, it's good to go to a mechanic or asc with a little bit of foreknowledge. We all know that they're not the most ethical bunch of people around, so if some people can tell a mechanically uninclined member that the kat kat sound may be located in rear wheels, he won't come back and say he's bought fully synthetic engine oil. :)

Without dragging further, at least in my case, I would get it diagnosed at a workshop prior to quizzing members here. But then, a tiny percentage of members remain present when their scheduled service is carried out at an ASC, so I do factor where you are hinting at.

Maybe different strokes for different folks. Lets move on :)

Went through this thread today and boy am I happy to be a part of the community. Needless to thank ALL for making this community a goto place to relax and enjoy reading about cars till I fall asleep and dream of them till my younger crypod wakes me while going to school. This does add to the reasons I love my life and for that I offer to be of any help in maintaining the status quo. Thank You.

I'm new here. This is the only Forum which have himalayan details about cars in professional manner. hats off to the guys for maintaining the quality of this community. :Cheers

As a Newbie i confirm my commitment to the high standard of Team-BHP. I have my own confession to make too. I have been trying to join the Team-BHP for last few years and every disapproval mail disappointed me to the hilt. infact in the last few attempts, I made it a point to convey my earlier number of attempts. I also decided that once my membership will be approved, i shall include those number of attempts in 'Introduced yourself' thread.
However when my membership was actually approved it reflected upon me that its not the number of attempts which mattered but the content which got my membership approved. That day i decided that no matter whatever happens I shall not bring about any negativity in my contribution to the community. Be it in my post or reply to any other threads. I am here to positively contribute to the community and learn the various facets of automotive circuits. i might have one or two bad incidents in my day to day life but thats not going to be an excuse to rant on the forum or show somebody in bad light. i remember one of the post about Leh trip by a young group of 4 boys and the positivity in their experience without any malice or bickering.
i once again reconfirm my commitment to contribute positively to the community and would like to thank the Moderators and supports staff for their job.

My gratitude and Regards

As a Newbie in terms of membership but definitely not in terms of following T-BHP, I assure all my commitment to maintain the standard and integrity of Team-BHP. This site echoes the highest quality content related to the motoring industry in India. Any and everything under the sun - travels, routes, vehicles, technical - you name it and anything that is connected with machines/routes/travel is here. There are debates, there are opinions, there are discussions, people hold strong views - but quality, knowledge and passion remain the same and this is why this is a great platform.

Over the years I have come to this forum to get informed opinion, read quality write ups, get reviews on new cars/products that have great depth and go through real user in real world feedback on vehicles/routes etc. A lot of times we don't realize and acknowledge the amount of effort that the admins, members and moderators put into keeping this forum the quality forum it is and what that quality does to draw new comers like myself.

My sincere thanks to all of you!!

Regards,
Ghosh

As someone who has enjoyed the forum for a long time but has recently joined, I cannot thank the moderators enough on the work that goes behind the scenes. The amount of people who rely on team-BHP is the sheer testimony of the quality of this forum. A major chunk of this credit goes to the moderators as the information is painstakingly reviewed.

I hope to enjoy being part of this wonderful community, get to learn and more importantly adhere to the rules of this community.

I want to take this opportunity to thank and appreciate behind the scenes efforts by moderators and administrators to maintain the pristine quality and highest standards on this forum not only in terms of content and material but also from tech perspective.

Be it the servers, the mobile website or apps on various platforms. The user experience is just pure amazing. Never have I found the site to either slow down be down altogether. Hats off to you moderators. Take a bow!

Although I'm a Newbie in terms of membership status but I have been an ardent follower of Team-BHP for years now. Thank you for providing me the privilege to contribute. I sincerely commit to maintain the highest standards that the forum has and to abide by all the rules and regulations set.

Cheers!

Nothing can compare this forum. Absolutely nothing. Great job guys.

The is the best forum I have ever come across.

To be precise from the month of February I started applying for membership, But it is rejected every time. Speaking truly I was not serious at that time and I didn't give much effort in answering. After being rejected more than 4 times, I thought of spending a whole day in writing the answers and the very next day it got approved.:D
I really do appreciate the criteria set by the moderators to maintain the quality of the forum and sort out many who could contribute negatively or biased views in the forum.

I have always wondered what is it exactly that drives the teambhp moderators to work day in and day out to ensure the forum's quality on one hand and its integrity and impartiality on the other. The simple but inadequate answer which I could find was that these are bunch of good human beings brought together by fate and blessed by automotive Gods.

Whenever GTO asserts that teambhp will never ever compromise on its core values, I admire his fortitude knowing fully well that he and the core team will have to sacrifice a lot to keep the things going. Why would they do it?

They do it because they believe in the basic goodness of humanity and are motivated not just by their love for automobiles but also for the countless, nameless dudes and dames that drive these machines. They are guided by principles that form the bulwark of any sane, honest to God, humane and egalitarian community.

Why am I saying this now?

The following comment by moderator navin forced me to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 4266436)
I am a TBHP Mod. I cannot sully the name of the forum. Besides I wont know how to bribe, never really done it.

What a great thought and how simply, unpretentiously put!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinesh6481 (Post 4019137)
However when my membership was actually approved it reflected upon me that its not the number of attempts which mattered but the content which got my membership approved.

A small correction, if I may, Dinesh6481. It's not the content, but "the excellent quality of content" in the different threads that makes T-BHP so special. Moreover the command over the English language, of the members is very good, albeit a few grammatical mistakes here and there. Lots to learn :):).

Best Wishes.
VR4.