Team-BHP - *NEW*: Improved attachment uploading on Team-BHP!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Announcements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/)
-   -   *NEW*: Improved attachment uploading on Team-BHP! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/193604-new-improved-attachment-uploading-team-bhp-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi7013 (Post 4327238)
I've noticed that am unable to view attachments lately from the mobile app. That includes the ones from this thread too in the opening post. Is it related to this or an issue with the app?

Yup. Now we are having to download and see every attachment in our gallery app.
Any way the app could be upgraded so that the new attachments load like they used to earlier.

While writing travelogues, it was quite a pain trying to figure out which photo was which and what went where?
The thumb nail selection is a great god send....or should i say Rehaan send?
Thank you, Rehaan.

Thank you! Just what was needed, kudos to everyone who made this possible.

The tricks will be slightly different for us Mac users. So please post a link for us.

Excellent, a real improvement! Uploading images was till now a bit cumbersome to say the least. This will make a huge difference. Well done, I’m looking forward to be using it in the near future!

Jeroen

Great, i used to find it quiet difficult to upload pictures and always used to wonder why is the interface so cumbersome, this is a very good improvement.

Thanks to the entire team behind this.

Thanks team. A big missing feature added. This is a big improvement from the previous gen method of uploading individual images clap:

clap: Super thanks guys!
This feature was sorely missed, now saves us the hassles of selecting all pics 1 at a time!

That was a very useful update, and a big thanks to all those responsible for it. The earlier method was a bit cumbersome and now it’s nice and easy.clap:

This has to be the best new year's present to the TBHPians :-D

Selection of multiple files in one go and thumbnails of the images are huge timesavers.

Many many thanks to the team that worked on this feature.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 4326833)
Max attachment size increased from 3MB to 4MB for most file types. PDF, RAR & ZIP allow up to 20MB!

Thanks the system looks much improved indeed.
However, I would request you consider further increasing the JPEG image size limit. 4 MBs is at times not enough for pictures shot on modern flagship smartphones. Pictures shot on my LG G6 at times show up close to 5 MBs depending on scene detail.

Thank you.

I can't find attachment icon in messages. Has it been disabled?

*NEW*: Improved attachment uploading on Team-BHP!-screen-shot-20171224-23.18.44.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi7013 (Post 4327238)
I've noticed that am unable to view attachments lately from the mobile app. That includes the ones from this thread too in the opening post.

+
Quote:

Originally Posted by rdst_1 (Post 4327272)
Yup. Now we are having to download and see every attachment in our gallery app.

I think the app might be having issues with pictures in this thread since they are animated GIFs.

We've stopped supporting the app since a while, and strongly suggest you use the Smartphone Skin instead.

Will definitely have this looked in to, but it will probably take more than a week...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 4327335)
The tricks will be slightly different for us Mac users. So please post a link for us.

The only real difference is keeping the command key pressed (instead of ctrl) when selecting multiple files. This has been mentioned. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maky (Post 4327516)
However, I would request you consider further increasing the JPEG image size limit.

This is a slippery slope as these filesizes will continue to increase (and G6 camera pics are actually 5.xx MB). At the moment we'd like to limit it to 4MB as we feel that's the right balance between upload size / bandwidth etc.

If you do upload a lot of images from your phone, do check out this app - it will take care of the resizing in a very seamless way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by batish (Post 4327843)
I can't find attachment icon in messages. Has it been disabled?

Adding attachments to Private Messages was never a feature. :D

Well done Rehaan and team! I was waiting for something like this. :)

Great work, Rehaan and team, helps make attaching and uploading a great deal easier, the name of the attachment being displayed and the ability to rearrange images was a nice touch.