Team-BHP - *NEW*: Improved attachment uploading on Team-BHP!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Announcements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/)
-   -   *NEW*: Improved attachment uploading on Team-BHP! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/193604-new-improved-attachment-uploading-team-bhp.html)

Presenting...

Attachment Uploading v2.0:

Name:  New_attachment_window_2017.PNG
Views: 10601
Size:  167.2 KB

HERE'S WHAT'S NEW:

Multi-select up to 30 images in one shot clap:
(No more having to select them 1-by-1 as we used to)
Name:  01multiselectend.gif
Views: 10824
Size:  423.3 KB
TIP: To select individual files, keep the CTRL key pressed whilst clicking on them
(Use the command key on Macs OR long-press if required on mobile)
Name:  02ctrlmultiselect.gif
Views: 10895
Size:  179.3 KB
Thumbnails make managing & deleting your attachments hassle-free
Name:  03delete.gif
Views: 10723
Size:  71.8 KB
Easily re-order your uploaded images here, and they'll be inserted into your post in the same order
Name:  04reorder.gif
Views: 10705
Size:  350.4 KB
Attachment filenames are now displayed in posts, making it easier to add captions
Name:  05inlinefilenames.gif
Views: 10514
Size:  45.9 KB
Plus...
• Vertical cellphone images will now upload in the correct orientation.

• iPhone & iPad users can now upload more than just 1 image per post (bug fixed!).

• The pop-up browser window for managing attachments has been made wider and longer to make things more convenient.

• Max attachment size increased to 6-7MB for most file types. While PDF, RAR & ZIP allow up to 20MB!

A big shoutout to Brian for making all of this possible!

Awesome. Much needed upgrade just before the onset of 2018.
Thanks a lot for the consistent efforts you guys(admins/moderators Team) put in to make this portal much easier to use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 4326833)
Easily re-order your uploaded images here, and they'll be inserted into your post in the same order

Most convenient, was quite a task earlier.

Quote:

Vertical cellphone images will now upload in the correct orientation.
this was annoying as most cellphone users weren't noticing it while uploading, less reporting of such posts now.

Quote:

Max attachment size increased from 3MB to 4MB for most file types.
Better quality photos now at cost of more storage.

Quote:

PDF, RAR & ZIP allow up to 20MB!
Hope this results in more manuals(owner/service), technical documents.

I had actually made a note of all the image filenames while writing a travelogue and was inserting them based on my uber cool recollection memory stupid:

Uploading content and writing around it would be much easier now. The concise description with supporting animations rock. Kudos to the support team for making it so user friendly.

This is really an excellent piece of work by Team-BHP. New UI to upload pictures is smooth as butter and easy as a cakewalk. :thumbs up
Loving the new re-order feature to the core.

Just like our cars , the website too gets Upgrades. Customizable liveries, mobile compatibility and now this, awesome from a bunch of guys known to be fiddly majorly with cars. Cant wait to show it off to buddies and web developers alike.

Keep up the upgrades.

Awesome!!

Attachments with names (and not just the numbers) will make the job a lot easy. I remember compiling my first post with pictures and the amount of efforts I had to put in. Also supercool to select multiple images at the same time and having an option change the order without much fuss!!

Excellent job Brian for this wonderful update!

I noticed this while penning down my RC390 review.
Trust me, this has made things way easier and better!(I have 7 ownership threads on tbhp, so you know). In the past, I used to name every attachment file as "Kwidbonnet", "Dukegear" etc so as to avoid confusion while inserting them in posts.

This time, I was able to see thumbnails in attachment window itself. What a relief!!
Thank you Mods!

Thanks teambhp and Rehaan. Its an upgradation in keeping with the times. Believe I will now like many others be able to upload more pictures , much faster . Thanks

This is the best thing happening here in team Bhp.

Thank you for this move! It's truly a user-friendly upgrade and would help save a lot of time. :)

I've noticed that am unable to view attachments lately from the mobile app. That includes the ones from this thread too in the opening post. Is it related to this or an issue with the app?

Really appreciate the team for this update. Thank you all.

I'm not that keen on mass mailings. This one was definitely an exception rl:

Well done. Looking forward to needing it :D

UPDATE: Used it for the first time today. Very nice!

Well done Rehaan and team. All these improvements, mainly multiple selection for uploading, re-ordering pictures, and most importantly, naming now according to the picture will immensely help the travelogue writers:D.
And thanks for fixing multiple upload option for iOS users. Real worthy upgrade.

Many thanks!