Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2010, 21:47   #1

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

3M has just opened their exclusive showroom in Begur, Bommanahalli. Their showroom is on the Salarpuria tower road. Today i went their and had a brief conversation with the manager and the people working their. Guys there are very friendly. They did a free inspection of my getz and told me which package is suitable for my car. They have a 6 months and 12 months packages. Right now they don't have any brochures for distribution, but they told me that by this weekend they will start distributing the brochures. Prices are very competitive.

Please post if you have any more information on them.
Furman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2010, 21:59   #2
Team-BHP Support

Can you post the exact location of the showroom and the services they are offering?
Old 7th December 2010, 21:59   #3
BHPian

Sounds very interesting, I'm guessing this is exclusively car detailing? or do they provide automotive accessories like sunfilm as well?
Too early to ask, but do they have doorstep service?
AFAIK, doesn't sundaram motors also have a tie up with 3M for car detailing on their premises?
Old 7th December 2010, 22:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

this is good news for all of us. Did you enquire about the pricing ?
Old 7th December 2010, 22:14   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Can you post the exact location of the showroom and the services they are offering?
17th Cross Rd, 5th Main Road. HSR Layout. Service ranges from simple foam wash to car detailing including interior and exterior. They also have a power shine package for cars which are 1-2 years old.
Old 7th December 2010, 22:21   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
Sounds very interesting, I'm guessing this is exclusively car detailing? or do they provide automotive accessories like sunfilm as well?
Too early to ask, but do they have doorstep service?
AFAIK, doesn't sundaram motors also have a tie up with 3M for car detailing on their premises?
Yes they do provide sunfilms and some DIY products. No idea about door step service. They told me that they are not into volumes. Their target is between 15-30 cars a day.
Old 7th December 2010, 22:55   #7
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Thanks for the information ! It's quite interesting, will go soon to check it out. 3M detailing services in India primarily has been targeting the mass market till now. There are various so called 3M centers in many dealerships but frankly difficult to understand whether they are genuine or not. Even a layman using 3M products brands himself as a "3M center".

Professionalism in the Indian detailing industry is the need of the day.

It would be important to evaluate
- what kind of products are they using (consumables, polishers etc)
- how they are adding value to the detailing ?
- attention to detail
- education & awareness to customers

6 month or 12 month treatment is very misleading. Giving a customer a swirl free vehicle is just the start of the detailing process. Educating the customer on how to maintain that swirl free finish is very very important.

Last edited by nirmaljusdoit : 7th December 2010 at 23:06.
Old 7th December 2010, 23:48   #8
mkh
Senior - BHPian

3M has been offering its packages at virtually all service centers for many months, so wonder what difference between that and this exclusive center?
I have taken 3M treatment and the issue is not in what they offer, its how they give it.
Packages are offered to get a customer hooked onto them, which is the usual practice and not bad if one is happy with the treatment offered.
Another issue lies with trusting the boys who actually do the treatment, they hardly care for detail and do things as they feel like. 15-30 cars a day is a lot of volume indeed! Can you share the prices they mentioned?
Old 8th December 2010, 14:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Exclusive Showroom in Bommanahalli, Bengaluru

Is that just a detail center or do they offer paint protection films too?

Would love to get those pp films for certain areas of my car!
Old 13th December 2010, 01:19   #10
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

The address mentioned in above posts is correct. The place is easy to identify.

If you know KC Das sweet shop & Sweet Chariot Bakery junction in HSR layout then locating 3M car care center is pretty easy (the road connecting Sweet Chariot & Salarpuria apartments). The place has large hoarding which makes it easier to locate.

These guys claim to be 1st such franchise of 3M in India. They are capable of doing:

1. Interior/Exterior Detailing (one time & annual packages)
2. Under Chasis protection
3. Paint Protection
4. Graphics/Stickering
5. Glass Filming/Tinting
6. Retail sales of MacGuire products

Sorry, I could not get hold of price list. From my memory- small car's package for interior & exterior detailing 4 times a year would cost approx INR 2400. Paint Protection for small care would cost approx INR 2600 & etc.

The staff is very helpful especially the franchise manager (Siddu). During my enquiry visit, I told them that I will be sharing the info about their palce on T-BHP

Check the below pic to get an idea of their hoarding outside the store (clicked using mobile camera so please excuse quality. The image has reflection of my car dashboard/ac vents).

Note to Mods- I feel we should move this thread to Directory section.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc00053.jpg  

Last edited by drive_or_die : 13th December 2010 at 01:23.
drive_or_die is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2010, 14:46   #11
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Thanks for the details, can you please help with their contact phone number ?

Also you had mentioned about retail sales of Meguiars products, do you have any details of the list of products & their pricing ?
Old 13th December 2010, 16:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

By any chance do they have aluminium decals. I love those decals and I got them from the auto show bangalore at one of the stalls for 50 a piece, very reasonable. Have not been able to find it anywhere else

There is a shop at Forum Mall on the 4th floor and they had the stickers and quoted 350. I felt like laughing at the guy when he told me the price. All his items are exhorbitantly priced. So curious to check it out at 3M
Old 13th December 2010, 17:27   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Thanks for the details, can you please help with their contact phone number ?

Also you had mentioned about retail sales of Meguiars products, do you have any details of the list of products & their pricing ?
Hi Nirmal/All,

I have visited them this afternoon. I got a chance to meet the representative from 3M itself, he gave me insights of all the possible options one gets for the car there, they prepared a nice MENU CARD with the details, I liked the way they presented it.

Seeing TBHP sticker and prior visits of members he guided through the entire premises and explained about the equipments they use

I was inclined to get under chassis Corrosion protection on my ANHC, for 2 year warranty the cost is 1500 INR (approx) and 2900 INR for 5 year option. Same in Dakshin was 4500INR (approx).

This is what attracted me the most, pricing they are pretty decent and completely on the lower side than what I expected (my feeling).

Both the owner and 3M representative suggested me to wait for a day or two as they are yet to fix lights for under body inspection.

This is the first outlet in entire India, next would be in Dollars Colony Bangalore and one in Pune and rest follows.

I never knew that 3M acquire MEG, it was a news to me. They only retail MEG products and never apply on the cars, as they are more of DIY stuff. Similarly they don't retail 3M products (car Care). MF are available though, picked two of them (99 INR each).

They currently have few Meg products, But Iam happy to see them in stores (right next to me in HSR) and important thing again is the pricing for these products

Paste Wax NXT 2.0 - 1405 INR
Quick Detailer: 300 INR
Tyre Foam: 500 INR

and few more, but they are ready to procure more products as we wish. Owner Siddhu is a nice guy and he was very curious to know about TBHP and was asking to suggest the range of TO BE MEG products.

Finally just to check the amount of care and the work, asked them to show the detailing (removing swirls) on boot of my car. They clayed, compound added and buffed, sealant added and buffed then WAX went in and hand buffed.

Results, swirls have reduced by 80%, they agreed and promised 100% free on another section of car for which I declined as I didn't had any more time to spare.

Got a quick car wash on my ANHC (345 INR), result is good.

I have his contact number on the bill, would post it later.

Lastly entire showroom has posters of H RED ANHC (Owner of the car in snaps is head of 3M representative whom I met), and they are impressive. Owner is a guy who is keen to listen and work in improving things, I hope they can deliver the same way.

Good thing for use,

> Cheaper 3M options
> MEG products for better prices (than compared to few retailers we have in here and there).

Last edited by raghu230506 : 13th December 2010 at 17:38.
raghu230506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2010, 18:55   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

The availability of MEGS products is music to my ears.Hope they get the complete range of megs here in bangalore.I will be their loyal customer.

And yeah,please post their address and phone number.I will plan a visit soon

Last edited by Technocrat : 17th December 2010 at 00:48. Reason: Please avoid quoting an entire long post, specially when its on same page, thanks
Old 13th December 2010, 20:25   #15
Senior - BHPian

Apart from detailing stuff do they also have other stuff like masking tapes, carb cleaners, degreasers, Antirust coating etc. etc. I have a whole list of stuff to buy.

Most Viewed