Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2010, 21:30   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3M Exclusive Showroom in Bommanahalli, Bengaluru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Khan and myself visited the shop today......
... and Khan complete exterior and interior detailing done on S1.

... Khan's S10 might need some more attention and they have asked to drop the car again one of these days...
My car looks great and am glad that got the detailing done.

BUT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
But i feel little more improvement can be possible on exterior and i told this to Siddhu.
I agree. It's good but not upto the high expectations I had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
My experience - a mixed reaction.
On the performance it was good on the part they cleaned - the seats, the carpets, the roof upholstery, central panel etc. However there were spots and marks over the glass - windscreen, as well as on the windows - which basically came from the liquid spray they have used for cleaning. They should have wiped clean the same, but was not done.

Same here. Mixed experience -- in both quality & time taken/punctuality.
In parts, the work done is VERY good but in parts it's below average. For example, the grime around the door guard is still there on one side. The oily stains are all over the place -- inside & outside.

It seems that there is a pressure on 'how many cars they can get through'.

Having said that, I am certain that they have the skills. It's just a matter of getting consistency & attention to detail. Focus on quality & not necessarily quantity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The job was definitely better than what you see at the service centres but I feel it could have been better.
Agree.

Quote:
Only one pass was made with the rubbing compound irrespective of how bad the swirls were.
Fully agree. I also feel the same. I did feel some shortcuts being taken at places.

Quote:
The wash was done pretty good but the diesel wipe to remove tar should have been before shampoo not after shampoo wash.
Yes. That's how it should have been done.

Quote:
Hopefully these are small things and they improve further.
yes, and I will be taking the car again this week to show them first hand on aspects I am not satisfied about.
Old 21st December 2010, 09:56   #47
BHPian

Guys,

Any discounts here for TBHP'ians ?

I got to fix sunfilms on my jazz, 3M seems to be a good choice.

cheers
lazy
Old 21st December 2010, 09:58   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
Guys,

Any discounts here for TBHP'ians ?

I got to fix sunfilms on my jazz, 3M seems to be a good choice.

cheers
lazy
All the rates are fixed and there are no discounts what so ever.
Old 22nd December 2010, 04:02   #49
Senior - BHPian

Interior Restorer - Premium Plus

I had been there yesterday. Met Siddu, a nice Gentleman who is patient enough to listen to you and help you with the decision.

I had been there at 3.30PM and took the details and since another cars exterior treatment was going on, fixed an appointment at 5:00PM.

I reached by 5:00PM, but the work on the other car was still going on. I lazed around reading the product offers and checking out their facilities. Siddu walked me through the facilities.

My Civvy was dirty with all the travels I had undertaken this year, and moreover the interiors were a big mess, ferrying my doggy around. Being beige interiors, it had taken its toll.

I opted for a Interior Restorer - Premium Plus. This includes Interior cleaning with 3M Foam, Dashboard dressing, AC Vent Cleaning, and Some 5 point checks on Belt, Battery Terminals, Window slides, etc.

Estimated time for such a job was around 1.5hours, and costs 2095 for Civvy (large category) and 1695 for a Medium Category.

My exteriors were totally soiled, and Siddu offered to get me a complimentary 3M car Shampoo wash.

By 06:00PM, 1 hour behind the appointment schedule, the applicators finished with the previous car and took my Civvy for the complimentary wash. Though I had mixed emotions on the time keeping part, I am not keeping this against them atleast now, since their efforts to please the owners are honest.

They worked on my interiors all the way till 08:45PM, around 3 hours, which is double the estimated time, which honestly left me thinking. When it comes to my car, I am happy that they took that much time to clean and look at all the areas critically before delivery. Yes, detailing takes time and as of now they spent that time on my car. But then keeping appointments could go for a toss.

Regarding the work - The interiors are cleaned well. My beige interiors looks beige, all parts looking clean and dashboard gleaming. No complaints whatsoever.

BUT - the wind shield still had those sticky stuffs, a clean wipe was more than a necessity as I had to drive in the night. Those waxy streaks on the glass created a bit of a mess to drive around with the lights reflecting badly.

Since I was initially told the rates for a Civic was in the medium category, they took only the Medium Rate from me, though according to the bill Civic belongs to a Large Category. Siddu agreed about the goof up, and kept the initial committment.

My take on the place.
1) Neat place. Can see the facilities, and product used.
2) Nice guys to talk to.
3) Honest approach to the work
4) Can look at the appointment schedules - I dont mind about this if the job is decent.
5) Some areas of improvement like a wind screen wipe and streak free after an interior cleaning is a must.

Am I happy - Yes I am.

Met Viddy there. And then Siddu came to know I too am TBHPian . Probably Siddu might be thinking what are these GUYS, and why so much of them landing at his place
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2010, 09:38   #50
BHPian

@everybody who's gone here..Any before/after pictures to show the difference?
Old 22nd December 2010, 10:43   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
@everybody who's gone here..Any before/after pictures to show the difference?
Don't expect miracles. They can do a good job as good as you have kept the car.
Old 22nd December 2010, 10:43   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
...their efforts to please the owners are honest.
True.

Quote:
They worked on my interiors all the way till 08:45PM, around 3 hours, which is double the estimated time, which honestly left me thinking. .... Yes, detailing takes time and as of now they spent that time on my car. But then keeping appointments could go for a toss.
Same here. The time they took was way more than estimated and work is still not complete

Quote:
...BUT - the wind shield still had those sticky stuffs, a clean wipe was more than a necessity as I had to drive in the night. Those waxy streaks on the glass created a bit of a mess to drive around with the lights reflecting badly.
Same here also. I have mentioned that in my report/observation also. It's the post-wash/detailing cleanup that is below average and brings the whole experience down by a few notches. They need to take this seriously else their reputation will become similar to 'any other' place. If we are paying premium rates than the experience has to be nothing short of outstanding..!!!

Quote:
5) Some areas of improvement like a wind screen wipe and streak free after an interior cleaning is a must.
yes.
Old 22nd December 2010, 14:16   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Met Viddy there. And then Siddu came to know I too am TBHPian . Probably Siddu might be thinking what are these GUYS, and why so much of them landing at his place
By now Siddu would have learnt about BHPians. During my first visit, I noted that he is not aware of T-BHP. In fact, he thought I work for T-BHP then I explained a bit about our community.

At the time of stepping out of the store, he asked me if his people can call me later to fix appointment. My answer was, you need not call me, BHPians will find their way to this place
Old 24th December 2010, 20:31   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Sound deadening i cant comment right now since i haven't driven that much. Might be able to make out when i take the car out to the highway or in the rains. Thankfully swift chassis does not have any vulnerable drain holes where this was applied. Only ones i know off are on the front fenders which exit well outside the treated area.
Had a chance to test the sound deadening yet ??
Old 24th December 2010, 23:07   #55
BHPian

Re: Me likes!

Thanks Jay for the pictures of our store.......
I enjoyed the time with you guys!

Do keep me posted of the events.

Gopa

Quote:
Khan and myself visited the shop today. 3M Technical Expert Gopakumar also had dropped in and we had long chats about the various products available with them. Silicone water repellant for connectors drew our attention, from the offroading perspective.

I had Snowhite's underbody treatment done and Khan complete exterior and interior detailing done on S1.

Very happy with the underbody treatment done. Khan's S10 might need some more attention and they have asked to drop the car again one of these days. I plan to do a complete exterior/interior job after the 50k kms service of the swift.

Few snaps.
Old 27th December 2010, 12:05   #56
Senior - BHPian

Re: Interior Restorer - Premium Plus

Quote:
Am I happy - Yes I am.
The happiness was short lived.

All Silver Door Trims inside are scratched by the wrong choice of Brush.

The rear wind screen had all the shampoo wetness condensed and stuck, which really was a pain to clean up. Even after using sufficent force, the stains were adamant.

The RPM meter glass has all those foam and Shampoo dried up leaving an ugly residue. This is something I just cannot live with, all others can be managed.

I have met Siddu today and showed him the scene. He accepted the scenario and promised to clean up the rpm meter glass. The guy who had come to clean up - visibly seems not able to clean it up and started bringing excuses. Siddu promises to check for any other solutions to the issue.

Though 95% of the work was good, these issues makes me think - A detailing shop should not end up with these issues, I cannot forgive them.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2010, 12:13   #57
Team-BHP Support

Have you tried a damp cloth soaked in warm water for RPM meter?
Old 27th December 2010, 12:15   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have you tried a damp cloth soaked in warm water for RPM meter?
That was the first try. Secone one was the 3M glass cleaner. Third was some force - None worked :(
Old 27th December 2010, 13:29   #59
Senior - BHPian

The water/residue might have seeped to the other side of the glass.

It happens if one uses a lot of cleaner. if you cannot remove/feel it with your finger, then its probably on the other side of the glass!

In the meantime, you can try some vinegar with a mf cloth, on it.(Make sure to test the combo on a hidden area first!!!)

Just wanted to add, I detail too! and a full body detail with 'show car results' can take, easily 10-12 hours of continuous machine polishing.(if working alone)

It takes me 5 hours to clean and protect the interiors alone!(then again, I'm working alone)

Last edited by sohail99 : 27th December 2010 at 13:34.
Old 27th December 2010, 14:41   #60
BHPian

As rightly put by sohail99, quality detailing is something rarely found and proper correction takes time and effort to produce a show car finish. It comes with not only the products that are world class, but also an eye for care, which makes a huge difference. Though i have found interior cleaning to be as per my expectations from vendors, i have never found surface treatment to be at par. Having been ready to pay a little more but get the value for my money, i did not see any point going to vendors for this. Though have not tried out this 3M outlet, but had experience with the older ones and the 3M services at Service Centers.
I found what i am looking for in TBHP members( refer the Car detailing thread and Directory listing for Ultimate Detailerz in Bangalore). This is not to promote a service or say negative against anyone, but i think there are limitations to what one can offer in a mass market play for which we need to lower our expectations and if looking for the best, seek the best( and pay for it)
Its equally important to be equipped with and know how to maintain the finish, which only car owners can educate IMHO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks