Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2011, 14:47   #181
BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

There is a Meguiar's Car Care clinic being organized on 4th September at the 3M Car Care Center - Dollars Colony. The clinic is from the MEguiar's show car detailing specilaist & veteran Matt Davies. Let us all meet there @ 11AM!
Old 26th August 2011, 14:52   #182
BHPian

The Meguiar's clinic at the Pune 3M Car Care center (Viman Nagar) is on 3rd September at 11AM. You can contact Sheshu Rao (09225805476) for directions!
Old 26th August 2011, 15:08   #183
BHPian

Alright ! SO, looks like the decision is made. I was looking for a place to remove all the grease/tar stains on the bumpers of my 3 month old Fabia after it's short stint in Kerala. Now, she's back home and needs a wash. Waiting for the monsoons to recede a bit so that every rupee is worth spending here. I was initially considering the Car Spa in TOTAL Mall Sarjapur, but, looks like these 3M folks at HSR have already built a reputation for themselves with good work. Good job!
mempheS.D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2011, 15:27   #184
Senior - BHPian

did anyone attended the 3M clinic? any reports or feedbacks?
Old 4th September 2011, 16:15   #185
BHPian

Me and AvonA7 from Team-BHP were among the attendees at Pune Clinic.
You can read the report here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2491832
Old 11th September 2011, 00:35   #186
Senior - BHPian

Went to the 3M car care center @ HSR layout for getting the engine bay cleaned. They did a good job and now i can possibly continue to manage the look/effect.

Also decided to get a foam wash done as it wasn't pricey [325 bucks] and the job also included internal vaccuming and dashboard dressing. Worked out a better decision than going to my regular 200 bucks washing wala.

Only thing I found needed addressing was removal of tar spots. That however, might have been dealt with on a exterior dressing package, not a foam wash, surely. Both jobs helped me spend time claying the entire car today [and now I have an almost sore back ]

@ Pram,

Yes, I did go to the 3M /Meguiar's clinic last weekend with Sidhu from the same 3M car care center @ HSR. While chatting with him once, I mentioned I didn't know the route to dollars colony so he offered to show me the way. When I went to his cc center that day, he also offered to drive me down. I also got to met Dr.Gagan and Nirmal at the clinic.

Matt Davies explained the new 'Ultimate' range of consumer products and then also had a hands-on demo session on how to use few of their products + handle a DA. The session was good.

3M car care division for India was also present there and we put across our concerns for not being able to buy the entire range of Meg's products as we'd like it. They had a half hour dedicated to taking our feedback when Dr.Gagan and I put this opportunity to full use. Also, special mention to the kind hospitality extended by the owner of the 3M CC at Dollars colony.

Was an eventful afternoon that day.

cheers,
aK
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 10:11   #187
Senior - BHPian

I got the underbody coating done for my Fiesta yesterday. I opted for the one with 5 Year Warranty as I also wanted sound deadening. Total price Rs 3195. I also picked up 2 micro fibre towels for Rs 99/- each.

What I liked about the place.

1. Nice and courteous staff who explained all the products and services available. They don't force us to go for any particular products unlike the showroom guys.

2. Vehicle was delivered at the promised time.

3. We can personally see the work being done.

4. Lot of magazines available in the showroom.

I also had a long chat with Mr Sidhu and hence did not get bored. I spent 4 hours in the Showroom. Time taken for the coating is 2 hours.

Thanks also to Mr Aravind.

I am yet to see the sound deadening effect of the coating. Will update the foum after a highway drive.

Overall satisfied. Would visit again.
pramodpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 00:48   #188
BHPian

Visited 3M couple of hours back, really must admit awesome Service from Sidhu and his team.

Work Done: Uner-Body Anti-rust Treatment (2yrs Wty): Rs. 1695

Pro's:
1. Excellent Service and Quality Products
2. Are ready to help you one step further beyond the scope of their work
3. Reliable & Complete Trust-worthy
4. Maruti Quoted 4.2k for the same job, they are much cheaper too
5. Very Informative
6. Meet Other BHPians . (I happened to meet other 2 fellow BHPians)

Con's:
1. There are None!!!

I will be surely visiting them to get Anti-Rust treatment for my Indica too and also for detailing and swirl removal.

Checkout the Pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20110921_165642.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20110921_170022.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20110921_171746.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20110921_170249.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_20110921_170038.jpg  

johnruben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2011, 19:41   #189
Team-BHP Support

Had a wonderful experience today here, have made a post on my long term ownership report here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2519190

Got the exterior Advanced treatment for Rs 3195/- I rate it 5 star based on my experience. Keep up the good work guys!
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 11:44   #190
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I wanna get my car detailed. Since I am from Mumbai, we do have a lot of car spas around.

The last time I gave my car to one such car spa, he used diesel to remove spots & dirt on my white car. Isnt diesel harmful for the paint?

My next option is to go to 3M car care in Borivali. My car is 8 months old. Because of the idiotic cleaner, it does have some minor scratches on it's body. Apart from that, I just want to get it cleaned thoroughly. Since, the rains have just passed, I want it to get a thorough under body cleaning along with proper scrubbing & cleaning of the wheel wells & tyres. (I am fidgety about clean wheel wells & black shiny tyres!)

Is going to 3M a good option? I am on a limited budget as I need to buy some car care products like car shampoo, tyre foam, tyre shine & MF cloth too.

A few pages back, I saw the price list of 3M - Is power shine a good option @ Rs. 895? How long will the shine last? I cant go for 3M paint sealent program @ 4500, its too expensive for me.
Old 28th October 2011, 15:50   #191
Senior - BHPian

I recently went to get my car washed at 3M car care at HSR Layout. Being a weekday I easily got an appointment and took the car there. Mine was the last car of the day. I was informed about the power shine package which includes waxing of the car after washing. I thought let me see how it goes and I've given them a go ahead. Washing job done by them was pretty ok if not great. Although I would've liked them to use some cleaner micro-fibre cloths instead of the dirty ones. I didn't liked that part. The foam and water jet wash was pretty good except for the rubbing with the dirty micro-fibers. I was expecting a little more professionalism there at 3M.
Anywa, what I didn't like at all is their so called waxing. It was totally useless and instead of doing any good it only created some more marring/swirling to my car. They've just put some wax on the surface, hazed and then just wiped it off (no proper buffing was done) using those same micro-fibers. There were wax residues all over the car and i had to do a quick detailing myself once I was back at home. That's not what I expected after spending 1000Rs.
My verdict: I'll probably use them for only washing the car when it's too dirty to clean it myself. But will stay away from that useless waxing. I would say that save that money (difference is 5/600Rs from the normal foam wash and the power shine) and get a spray wax or something similar and wax it yourself. You'll get much better result.
I'm also planning to get the under-body protection done from them sometime soon. I think whoever have got it done from 3M are completely satisfied and hence I'm willing to trust them on this.. Will update once I get it done myself.
kaushik_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 12:23   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

With the purchase of the new car, I had been to 3M car care center in HSR Layout. Mr. Siddhu as always was very helpful in selecting the products/services suitable for the car.

Here it goes the list.
  1. Paint Sealant
  2. 3M Sunfilm - CS35
  3. Underbody coating
The first set of pictures are for the paint sealant which includes a foam wash.

Foam wash

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-foam-wash-1.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-foam-wash-2.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-foam-wash-3.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-foam-wash-4.jpg

Paint Sealant and polishing

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-paint-sealant.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_4828.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_4829.jpg

Before Underbody Coating

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-under-body-1.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-under-body-2.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-under-body-3.jpg

After underbody Coating

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-after-ub-1.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-after-ub-2.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	Under Body 3.jpg
Views:	4269
Size:	339.4 KB
ID:	838281

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_4825.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_4826.jpg

The 3M mats. The mats can be customer cut and the mats holds the dust and sand particles. The dirt does not go on to the carpet. Seems very interesting. Will plonk money on this when the Vitamin M increases.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-mats.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc02391.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc02392.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc02394.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc02396.jpg

Wash mitt.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-wash-mitt.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-after-ub-3.jpg  

nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2011, 08:05   #193
Team-BHP Support

Got to see my car after spending two almost two months in Mumbai. Swirl marks all over the car and it was looking horrible. This is the time when you like to bang your head and ask yourself - who told you to buy a dark colour car?

Went to 3M yesterday. It was a long time plan anyway. Took more than 4 hours to bring it back to some shape.

Phone camera pictures so please don't shout about image quality.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-wash1.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-wash2.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-mask.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-finished.jpg
Rudra Sen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2011, 11:22   #194
Team-BHP Support

Problem with such detailing is that you cant drive the car after you do it! 1) buri nazar 2) Ill be pissed if someone leans over the car while parked!

But yes 3M HSR team did a good job at bringing the car to shape and gave it a nice coat of sealant also, to retain the goodness as they say. I only wish 3M comes out with a cheaper bill plan
Old 21st November 2011, 10:51   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Problem with such detailing is that you cant drive the car after you do it! 1) buri nazar 2) Ill be pissed if someone leans over the car while parked!

But yes 3M HSR team did a good job at bringing the car to shape and gave it a nice coat of sealant also, to retain the goodness as they say. I only wish 3M comes out with a cheaper bill plan
Wow thats some awesome gloss on your car, you took the exterior restoration job?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks