Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2012, 12:53   #301
BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

After reading so much about 3M at HSR, i took my 2005 Esteem to them on Monday.

Being a weekday they were completely, there were no more cars except mine and one Honda City which was waiting delivery.

The representative was very courteaous and expalined the packages available. I opted for a exterior was and complete interior detailing.
Work started on the interior detailing at 4:30 was done by 5:30 and then went for a exterior body foam wash, which was done within 30 mins.
So within 2 hrs my 7 year old Esteem was spanking new. I can say that i got preferrential treatment, maybe after seeing the T-Bhp sticker.

Couple of things i liked:
1. In interior detailing they don't apply foam to the floor(just apply a kind of disinfectant). Upon me insisting that the floor needs to be foam washed they got it done.
2. The boot was terribly dirty, the SA got it cleaned twice to get rid of the dirt.
3. The rear seat armrest was not cleaned (because it was tucked). I pointed this and got it cleaned.
4. There was some sun film left over at the edges of the windshield after my DIY. Got these and some unwanted stickers removed
5. The body cover was never washed at all. I chanced upon this opportunity and asked the SA if he can get the body cover hosed down. He got this done and put the cover into a garbage bag and asked me to put it up for drying after reaching home.
gypsyFreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2012, 13:17   #302
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008
Oh, but I forgot to mention one nice thing and one not so nice thing.

The Not so nice thing: The right side indicator(the one below the wing mirror) is hanging loose now. It was definitely NOT loose before as I had physically checked each and everything before taking delivery of the car. I can only assume that while using the mechanised polishing foam, one of the technicians must have exerted a little too much force at that point which might have resulted in that indicator falling off. There is no other scratch or damage at that point to suggest an external impact.

Luckily for Sidhu and his team, this wont be a big deal for me because I have to send the car to Magnum Honda for a brake pad change anyway and will get this indicator fixed at that time as well. Otherwise, it could have been a bit of a hassle.

The Nice thing: He gave me a free microfibre cloth to maintain the car.
If you come all the way here, you should go and check out your competition at Tyre Plus.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Even me, as a die hard customer of your setup, on account of proximity and convenience, have started using Tyre Plus services! Just FYI.
Old 23rd July 2012, 23:57   #303
BHPian

It was long since i took my alto to 3m hsr layout,and plus my underchasis coating was coming out in some places so called siddhu the previous day,he was out of station .so one of the advisor there asked me to come tomorrow.
so finally i roped in my cousin also who has bought a xuv 500 and also wanted to come .reason was his car washing guy had made scratches with his bracelet while washing
finally i reached first ,they advised just to wash the car ,since i had recently clayed and waxed.later they did the underchasis inspection .
i opted for ac cleaning .i am very impressed its better than the gulf product which i had used before.
next my cousin arrives while my car is getting done .they inspect his car and advice him paint sealant.
3m has newly launced paint protection film to protect paint from scratches and stone chipping.my cousin was impressed and opted for 4 door handles ,and 4 door edges costed 780+780.
FINAL RESULTS ...both cars were looking good.the xuv 500 looked better after treatment with almost all swirls and scratches gone.
My cousin was so impressed he bought a annual car maintaince from them for 22,000.
siddhu thanks a lot for making our cars look so good.His boys especiallyhis advisors do a good job even in absence of siddhu.very honest and trustworthy.dont force things .only advice what is needed .
I have tried 3m car care in jp nagar which is closer to my place .but still i can vouch for the quality and customer service of hsr layout its miles aheead
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20120718_154545-640x480.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20120718_154604-640x480.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20120718_154608-640x480.jpg  

Attached Images

chetan5678 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 14:03   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan5678 View Post
next my cousin arrives while my car is getting done .they inspect his car and advice him paint sealant.
3m has newly launced paint protection film to protect paint from scratches and stone chipping.my cousin was impressed and opted for 4 door handles ,and 4 door edges costed 780+780.

My cousin was so impressed he bought a annual car maintaince from them for 22,000.
780 + 780 that is only for door handles & edges as you shown, but do they make something like that for the entire car (But do they????)

And what is covered in 22000????

Just got a delivery of a new car 2 weeks back & post rains planning to go to 3M to get UV protection done, hence getting all points checked, as many times you reach there, they offer something and at times you land up buying something which is really not required.
Old 24th July 2012, 14:49   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
If you come all the way here, you should go and check out your competition at Tyre Plus.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Even me, as a die hard customer of your setup, on account of proximity and convenience, have started using Tyre Plus services! Just FYI.
Are you talking about Tyre Empire Michelin Store on 27th main? What non tyre related services do they offer?
Old 24th July 2012, 15:04   #306
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Tyre Empire offer only Tyre related Services.
I had asked Nikhil to check them out since he said he came to HSR 3M to get his car cleaned up etc.
I asked him to check them out because he owns Madhu's, who are pioneers in the Tyre related services and garage stuff here in BLR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
Are you talking about Tyre Empire Michelin Store on 27th main? What non tyre related services do they offer?
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 15:50   #307
BHPian

Even i had taken my car for a 3M service. I was really happy when i saw the car after service. Sidhu was with me when i took the car after service and made sure everything was good.

But after a few days, when I was washing the car, I could see the rubber beading on the top of the car has a few deep scrathes. Seems this has come from the rubbing that they did.
Now i can see a few areas where the finish is not as good as the rest and its on the left side back doors. Dont know whats the reason for that. It was not there before the service.

Somehow, I get a feeling that i didnt get a premium service when i payed premium...
ArunV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 12:32   #308
BHPian

I got my car done up at 3M HSR on Monday. Got the interior cleaning done. I was told up front that certain stains would not go away immediately and would take a few more treatments. At the end of the treatment however the car looked almost stain free. On the ones that existed, the crew did the best they could to minimize. Comparing this to the 3M treament done on my other car at a TASS, this was way better (I paid the same amount at both places). The crew also made sure they tested the detergent/scrubs on side parts of the leather seats.
I bought a used 4 year old car. The car had lost most of its lustre. It had a lot of scratches and swirl marks. I went in for the most comprehensive exterior detailing package that they had ( atleast I think so. Am not sure about the name). The crew was very meticulous in their work. There was many a occasion when I felt they have done all they could do on a particular area and if I were them I would have stopped. They did not and kept working till they were satisfied.
The whole job took 5.5 hours to do and at the end of it my car has got back its lustre and is rid of all swirl marks. There were some scratches which were deep. They persist but they seem lesser in intensity now. The most amazing thing is all the water/salt marks on the logos has been removed completely.
Overall I was very satisfied with the work done and would give them a 5* rating.
They could make some improvements with their place. There was another car being done along with mine. My car was done with polishing and waxing was being done. At the same time the rubbing compound application started on the other car. Quite a bit of powder came over and settled on my car which was removed. They could do something about this like may be put in a statically charged curtain between the bays.
zoombiee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2012, 15:17   #309
BHPian

3M HSR - never fails to impress!

After a few more trips in rains and dusty ORR of the urban jungles of Bangalore, it was time for yet another trip to 3M HSR Layout...

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-1.jpg

and this time too, the car came out clean

Pictures speak more than words, so more images and less words.

Dirty Car:
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-5.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-6.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-7.jpg

Car gets a good wash down:

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-8.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-10.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-11.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-13.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-14.jpg

Gets the foamy spray and gentle scrub and final wash:

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-15.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-16.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-17.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-18.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-19.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-21.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-22.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-23.jpg

A thorough wipe:

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-24.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-37.jpg

Memories of rubbing shoulders with a bike were quickly erased:

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-25.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-26.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-27.jpg

And the car was back to how it should be:

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-39.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-40.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-41.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-42.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-38.jpg

All this when we can relax in the air conditioned lounge:

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3m-2.jpg

Every single time I have been to this place, I have always returned as a happy customer.
autocrat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 11:56   #310
Senior - BHPian

I went there yesterday for a foam wash. Arvind and the boys did a great job as usual.

Arvind also showed me the new VentureShield Paint Protection Film. It is very tough and durable. IIRC, it is around INR 375 per sq. feet.

I guess it will work well on select areas like the wheel arches, edges of the bumper, bonnet, lower part of the door etc.

VentureShield
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 22:21   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

My cousin picked up a Fiat Punto Emotion in Oceanic Blue Color.

Got the paint sealant done for the car.

The car first underwent foam wash.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-1.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-2.jpg

After the paint sealant on the car done.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-4.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-5.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-6.jpg

Simply love the color and gloss on the Punto

As usual, the service offered at the 3M Center and Siddhu's boys are top notch.

Will I visit again or refer somebody. Hell Yeah!!!
nkrishnap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2012, 20:40   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3M HSR - never fails to impress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
...Every single time I have been to this place, I have always returned as a happy customer.
Beautifully done and the car is shining! The Fiat logo pic is 5 STAR!
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 17:07   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3M HSR - never fails to impress!

This pic was taken on the delivery day(April 2011).

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dsc07447optimized.jpg

This was taken after yesterday's Exterior(Power Shine)/Interior cleaning @ 3M HSR Layout. This is after 1.5 years and 38K Kms from the delivery day. Excellent job done by these folks. This was my first visit to 3M and came back satisfied.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-photo0075optimized.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2012, 03:06   #314
BHPian

Took my car in on Friday for the Paint Sealant treatment. As mentioned several times on this thread, Siddhu and team were very professional and thorough about the process.

I also bought two micro-fibre cloth from them and the total charges were at Rs. 4989/-

As the car is new, the difference is not very apparent. But run the back of the hand on the car and smoothness or the finish is just spectacular.
azeemhafiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 22:20   #315
BHPian

This monday, I was there at 3M and Sidhu and boys were as cordial as ever. I requested for CR70 for my car and they politely requested me to wait for some more time.

My car was totally dirty inside out and got a proper wash, claying and waxing. Here is the result :-)
Attached Images

autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks