Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2008, 23:32   #91
BHPian

Pump up the air in the tyres and ready to fly!!! wow man reminded me of my Hercules Rock Shocks all terrain bicycle.
Good move If all of us pledge to use cycle for even one single day then imagine how much fuel can be saved for nation.
Old 4th June 2008, 23:40   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
LOL....nice writeup and funny way to beat the price hike.

But yes, if we as a nation were more sensitive to environment and our fellow human beings, we wouldnt be driving our SUV's over every pedestrian, bicycle-walla and any small object that dares to cross our path.
I dont know if we will be saving environment by giving up our SUV's (unless 'we' is an American driving a big V8 to work) but we will definitely be saving money $$$. Probably we will also force auto makers to move towards more fuel efficient vehicles.

Btw, a fun fact: Recently I read in wired that the methane Cows produce contributes significantly to global warming. It leads me to believe that humans are also contributing to the warming just by their mere existence. There are more humans, a whole lot more... 7 billion of them, than the bovines on earth. Since we can't stop cows from burping up methane, the least we could do is stop farting and save the earth from peril.

PS: I am planning to buy a bike as well, not to save gas but for leisure. Still remember the good ol school days when I used to zoom past girls on my bike after school while they are waiting for bus.

Last edited by Mayavi : 4th June 2008 at 23:48.
Old 4th June 2008, 23:44   #93
Senior - BHPian

RS, nice write up. Could we get some rear and front pics of your mean machine.

I sent a message to 7 people after I heard the news this afternoon "Where is the nearest Cycle shop near our area" These are guys with a decent sense of humor.

Only 1 got the joke what does this tell me?

a) They dont picture me on a cycle
b) They have not thought of moving to cycle power

I am surely buying a cycle, it was on the cards anyway to help me recover from knee surgery. Now that.. anyway you get the picture, pics coming in a week or so.
Old 5th June 2008, 00:38   #94
BHPian

Guys.... a good news for cycle buyers. Yesterday i.e., 3rd night in ETV news, i saw a electric cycle.

As per the ETV guys this cycle can travel around 30kms if you charge for 4-5hrs. As per news they said it will cost around 10paisa / km.( but i doubt it ) I heard these cycles exist in Hassan from past 1 year & this is hot selling there. I also heard this is imported from China. It moves at an average speed of 30-40kms per hour & feedback from the owners was very good.

Just try it out guys, will post photos if i get some.

Regards
Deepak
Old 5th June 2008, 00:50   #95
Senior - BHPian

Totally Cool. Made me remind of my days when i used to go with my colony mates to play cricket.

How about putting k & n's to it.
lol

Hope you travel on it more, and keep the bike in awesome condition.

Take care.
Old 5th June 2008, 00:53   #96

Very funny Ramie. I got this decal sent to me from K&N USA so i put it here. Just like that!!
Old 5th June 2008, 01:07   #97
BHPian

Thank God, I didnt sell my old cycle I too might get that fixed up properly, but just my luck that the monsoons are starting.
Redfire, a cycle might be a good option for you About 95% of your route is ideal for cycling.
Old 5th June 2008, 02:04   #98

I have an Ancient Ralleigh at my place. Around 40 years old. I still have to restore that. It has been a pending project since a few years now. Can anyone help me? That will be the first TEAM BHP CYCLE RESTORATION !!

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 5th June 2008 at 02:08.
Old 5th June 2008, 02:11   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Very funny Ramie. I got this decal sent to me from K&N USA so i put it here. Just like that!!
Lolz,but your bi-cycle is like almost new,kudos for that,is it mach-1,i plan to buy myself a cycle,but not for saving petrol but a regular cycling excersice,ive become alot lazy these days sitting on chair and working entire day long hours,facing alot of acidity problems these days
so thought this will atleast remind me of getting a small ride in my area
Old 5th June 2008, 02:26   #100
Senior - BHPian

Could we get a bicycle with alloy wheels? What size tyre do I need to put in it? What about ICE?? I'll definitely want a couple of woofers. I hope I can also have an iPOD connectivity. Probably charge it through the cycle dynamo.

Just one thing worries me. Safety features. I don't understand why they don't have ABS and airbags as standard. Definitely would prefer side airbags as well. I hope the Dashboard looks spaceage.
Old 5th June 2008, 02:29   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Lolz,but your bi-cycle is like almost new,kudos for that,is it mach-1,i plan to buy myself a cycle,but not for saving petrol but a regular cycling excersice,ive become alot lazy these days sitting on chair and working entire day long hours,facing alot of acidity problems these days
so thought this will atleast remind me of getting a small ride in my area
Mine is a Hero Hawk. the first thing i did was strip it of all the stickers. What i did later will be better explained with the help of pictures that i post tomorrow.

Its a Deadly Pearl Green and black.
Old 5th June 2008, 10:19   #102
SuperSyn

Didn't know there were cyling enthusiasts here!
All the cycle lovers at t-bhp need to get on the Bike Forums ASAP. Lots of good information (and fun to be had) over there!

Old 5th June 2008, 10:34   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
@Cyrus does your by-cycle have K&N filters installed???whats the average after installation any more performance upgrade
What about ABS and EBD?
Old 5th June 2008, 10:48   #104
BHPian

I use to ride a cycle to school about seven kilmeters from my home, that was long time back. Did ride a cycle last december for about 8 kilometers when I bought one for my son.

I use bus and Delhi Metro to work. Would love to ride a cycle to Metro station but the treffic is so bad it feels really unsafe.
Old 5th June 2008, 11:38   #105
BHPian

Soon the What Car section would be filled with queries like Hero Hawk or etc etc!!

Elito

Most Viewed