Team-BHP - ARTICLE: Buying a New car with an Older manufacturing date
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Buying a New car with an Older manufacturing date (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/146123-article-buying-new-car-older-manufacturing-date-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihkhan (Post 3981544)
Various Honda dealers in Bangalore are offering discounts in the range of 50-60k on Honda City on ex showroom basis, for Dec 2015 cars. Do you think it is worth taking them for this kinds of discount?

It is a risk. BTW, what is a Dec'15 manufactured car still doing in their yard? Do I see something fishy?:Frustrati

City is selling well so I can't get why it is not sold yet.

Which variant and fuel type is this City that you are referring to?

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3981558)
It is a risk. BTW, what is a Dec'15 manufactured car still doing in their yard? Do I see something fishy?:Frustrati

City is selling well so I can't get why it is not sold yet.

Which variant and fuel type is this City that you are referring to?

Its a Diesel VMT that they have in stock, they don't seem to have petrol cars from 2015 in stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihkhan (Post 3981560)
Its a Diesel VMT that they have in stock, they don't seem to have petrol cars from 2015 in stock.

Are you looking for diesel or petrol ones?

In either case I'm not sure if I'll have to put my money on a car that is sitting idle for 6 months in the yard witnessing all seasons.

V-MT is a popular variant IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3981566)
Are you looking for diesel or petrol ones?

In either case I'm not sure if I'll have to put my money on a car that is sitting idle for 6 months in the yard witnessing all seasons.

V-MT is a popular variant IMO.

I am interested in a Diesel Car, and VMT is second most preferred variant for me after (SV). I have been able to bargain and get a discount of 1 lakh on ex showroom price now.

According to the Sales manager of the dealer, the car was manufactured in Dec 2015, but they got the car to their yard in Feb/Mar 2016 and he said that they have stored it very well.

I am not sure whether this discount is good enough for me to take the plunge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihkhan (Post 3981570)
According to the Sales manager of the dealer, the car was manufactured in Dec 2015, but they got the car to their yard in Feb/Mar 2016 and he said that they have stored it very well.

2-3 months for transit is too much. Is it imported?lol:

He is the sales manager after all, he will definitely say that the car was stored well.

Ask them to show the cars storage condition as is and also the VIN of the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3981572)
2-3 months for transit is too much. Is it imported?lol:

He is the sales manager after all, he will definitely say that the car was stored well.

Ask them to show the cars storage condition as is and also the VIN of the car.

I have asked for a PDI and VIN of the car, they are telling that they can provide it only after the invoice is generated...:Frustrati

I do not know how to tackle this, I have infact paid the booking amount of Rs.5000/- (which they insisted is refundable in case i decide not to buy the car.)

Even after making the booking amount they are saying that the company policy does not allow them to show the car/PDI before invoice generation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihkhan (Post 3981582)
I have asked for a PDI and VIN of the car, they are telling that they can provide it only after the invoice is generated.

Even after making the booking amount they are saying that the company policy does not allow them to show the car/PDI before invoice generation.

Walk away. That's all I can say. You can do the PDI and then go ahead with all the invoicing formalities etc.

Do ask them to mail you the company policy mentioning that PDI/VIN is given to customer after invoicing ONLY.

Thank you for your advise, i will insist of getting a PDI and VIN before invoicing, if they deny then i will probably go to a different dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihkhan (Post 3981582)
company policy does not allow them to show the car/PDI before invoice generation.

No such rule. I smell something fishy here.
Across most of the manufacturers, we did PDI even before booking the vehicle (out of the available stock). In my case I did PDI for Sunny, noted the VIN and then booked the vehicle and got the same delivered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Boss (Post 3981603)
No such rule. I smell something fishy here.
Across most of the manufacturers, we did PDI even before booking the vehicle (out of the available stock). In my case I did PDI for Sunny, noted the VIN and then booked the vehicle and got the same delivered.

Thank you, Will insist on PDI and VIN, even if there is slight discrepancy between what was conveyed to me during booking and what is the reality, then will cancel the booking.

What do you think might be the reason for a high selling model like City to be in the yard for 5 months???

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihkhan (Post 3981612)
What do you think might be the reason for a high selling model like City to be in the yard for 5 months???

Several reasons, one could be the subject car booked by someone and cancelled the booking for various reasons (delay / rejection in finance approval, their own financial situation, gone for other variant / model / brand)

Other could be, car came with some manufacturing defect or transit damage and it took long time for them to correct it.

In any case it is difficult to identify the actual reason unless you have someone inside the dealership to reveal the fact.

I called up the Sales Executive about getting the VIN and PDI done before my leasing company releases the payment. But looks like something is fishy. I think they are trying to pull a fast one here. :eek:

She was first trying to bullshit about their company policy being not allowing PDI or sharing the invoice till the invoicing is done. When I spoke in a stern voice, she pulled in her manager on the call who spoke to me and was trying to assure me that 'they are taking care of my car as if it was their own car'!!!!!!

Then started the drama saying that 'Trust me sir, You can be rest assured that the car is wonderful and you can see it once the invoicing is done.'
I told him that boss i know you only since last week, How can I trust you with my Rs.12.5 Lakhs. He stated that it being WhiteField Honda Policy of not allowing PDI till atleast he receive the Procurement Order from the leasing company. (Now, I realised for sure something is amiss, I am trying to find some link within the dealership to figure out why the car is lying idle for 5 months.)

I insisted that he atleast share the VIN number now and I will get back to him about the PDI. Seeing that I am not willing to budge, he said he will get back to me in few minutes with the VIN. Its been 5 hours, but I have not yet recieved it. :Frustrati

I am glad that I stumbled upon this thread and this helped me ask these relevant questions. It doesn't make sense to take the risk just to save 1 lakh rupees and then crib for rest of the life of the car.

Walkaway, in fact run away from this dealer as soon and as far as possible. This looks like the beginning of a sob story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihkhan (Post 3982448)
I called up the Sales Executive about getting the VIN and PDI done before my leasing company releases the payment. But looks like something is fishy. I think they are trying to pull a fast one here. :eek:

Guys,

What kind of a discount can I expect on a MY 2015 (pre-facelift) Duster RXZ, and on the Duster Explore Edition (85 PS)? Prices quoted are 12.2 lacs for the RXZ and 11.2 lacs for the Explore Edition. How much of a discount can I demand?

For comparison, the Nissan dealer informed me that they had sold the last of their 2015 Terranos two months back in May, at a discount of 1.3 lacs. I've seen the Dusters in the yard and they aren't even dusty or muddy.

Nissan was also offering a MY2015 top of the line Sunny XV Safety edition (12.06 lacs new) for 10.4 lacs. The Sunny is their display car, but the dealer started it in my presence, and it is absolutely pristine inside and out, with negligible distance on the odo.

Hi all,

I have been offered a Tata Nano GenX XT from 2015. The OTR for a brand new one is around 3,45,000/- How much do you think I should pay for this car?