Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2023, 12:28   #301
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: ARTICLE: Extended Warranties. Yes or No?

In today's day and age, I feel an added assurance is always good and extended warranties provide that, with relatively newer and sometimes not-so-reliable DCTs, turbo petrol engines, and so on, An extended warranty will definitely help with peace of mind. I always prefer and encourage my friends and family to take the maximum possible extended warranty.
bijims is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 09:42   #302
DSC
BHPian

As I came to know, the entry of my third service has been made incorrectly and it is put beyond acceptable service schedule of 15000KM.

The vehicle was serviced at 12900KM, whereas the entry is made at 16000km (Interntional??).

My question is will it affect warranty claims if required? When I contacted the service center, they said it is technically their mistake, so they will take care of warranty issues. However, they cannot correct it.

Point to be noted: The SVC indirectly accepted that "They have to take care of warranty issues", which means it will be there. Secondly, I cannot claim warranty to any other SVC as I cannot prove this mistake.
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: Extended Warranties. Yes or No?-screenshot_20230717122910979_com.ttl.customersocialapp.jpg  

Old 18th July 2023, 11:27   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC View Post
My question is will it affect warranty claims if required? When I contacted the service center, they said it is technically their mistake, so they will take care of warranty issues. However, they cannot correct it.
Very unfortunate to know about such mistake from ASC.
Since they have accepted it, have they agreed to it over email/writing? Else I would advise you to get it in writing. Also ask them, in case you have to get warranty claim from different dealer, what would happen. You may loop Tata too, so you are not in trouble.
Old 18th July 2023, 11:52   #304
DSC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
Very unfortunate to know about such mistake from ASC.
Since they have accepted it, have they agreed to it over email/writing? Else I would advise you to get it in writing. Also ask them, in case you have to get warranty claim from different dealer, what would happen. You may loop Tata too, so you are not in trouble.
I have documented the complaint in Tata customer care. However, I do not have anything as documented response yet.
Old 20th July 2023, 14:49   #305

Will it be prudent to purchase a 5-year/1 lakh kms extended warranty for the New Brezza? It has a 1.5L NA engine and I have opted for the MT variant. The car comes with a 2-year/40000 km standard warranty. I intend to keep the car for more than 5 years. TIA
Old 22nd July 2023, 11:14   #306
DSC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_chat View Post
Will it be prudent to purchase a 5-year/1 lakh kms extended warranty for the New Brezza? It has a 1.5L NA engine and I have opted for the MT variant. The car comes with a 2-year/40000 km standard warranty. I intend to keep the car for more than 5 years. TIA
In my opinion, NO. It has two downsides, it makes you bound to the service centers for all necessities and services, where you can get it better outside. This increases the cost drastically too. Also, it only covers Manufactuing defects, so wear and tear will not come under warranty. After a certain point, part failure is mostly due to wear and tear, and svc will throw a tantrum on that.

Last edited by DSC : 22nd July 2023 at 11:15. Reason: Typo
DSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 17:13   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_chat View Post
Will it be prudent to purchase a 5-year/1 lakh kms extended warranty for the New Brezza?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC View Post
In my opinion, NO. It has two downsides, it makes you bound to the service centers for all necessities and services, where you can get it better outside.
I purchased the full extended warranty for my Brezza. It cost me around 25K, which is less than a month's EMI for me for the car loan.

That said, it does tie you down to servicing your car only in the authorised service centre, whose technicians are not always the best. You'd need to be quite vigilant to ensure that they don't pad the bill. The Brezza being a rather non-complex and reliable car, this will give them somewhat limited options to pad the bill, but you need to be careful.

To save yourself from all these worries, you might as well just buy the standard warranty and then secure a very competent and trustworthy FNG.
Old 9th September 2023, 17:42   #308
GTE
BHPian

The best way to assess the worth of the warranty is to ask what is not covered. Usually warranties are very carefully formulated to leave parts that are likely to fail out. For instance rubber parts. So if there is an oil leak it may not be covered. Also they tie you down to getting it serviced only by the official service centers. In Europe they dare not do that. As long as you can prove that the service was carried out properly by anyone, the warranty is valid.
Old 23rd November 2023, 13:30   #309
BHPian

My new i20 warranty will expire soon. I got 5 years or 40000KMs (whichever is first) warranty along with car in Nov. 2020.
Completing 38k Kms now.
Just got a quote for extending it to 5 years or 1,00,000 Kms (whichever is first) for 10k. I am getting Road Side assistance and Taxi assistance free with it.

Considering to buy it. Anyone did it for i20? Any discounts?
Old 19th January 2024, 11:46   #310
BHPian

Hey guys
I am currently in a dilemma with my 2020 BMW 3 series. My current extended warranty expires on March and 5th year renewal is costing around 1 lakh. They are hopefully changing the engine mount and suspension dampers in this tenure itself. Should i go for an additional 5th year warranty? Is the extra 1 lakh justified?
Old 19th January 2024, 16:31   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuentinTino View Post
Hey guys
I am currently in a dilemma with my 2020 BMW 3 series. My current extended warranty expires on March and 5th year renewal is costing around 1 lakh. They are hopefully changing the engine mount and suspension dampers in this tenure itself. Should i go for an additional 5th year warranty? Is the extra 1 lakh justified?
I would recommend taking it (depending on the exclusions to make sure the important bits are covered). I recently got a 3 Series, and I would never buy a German car without the peace of mind of an extended warranty. It's the electronics that can fail on these cars as they age, and it will be mighty expensive to fix if you are not covered.
Old 27th January 2024, 09:46   #312
BHPian

My Toyota Urban Cruiser 3 year warranty expires in this month. Fortunately, there was some suspension work and DRL's that were changed in the last month of warranty. As quoted by the ASC person, a single DRL headlight costs a whopping 30k!

When I asked him about extended warranty, he said there are no options for extended warranty as per the system, so there is no way that I can extend it with Toyota.

Please help with what options should I consider - let the warranty part be and pay as and when for repairs, or are there any trusted FNG's (around Chembur/Ghatkopar in Mumbai preferably) from whom I can buy any warranty/repair package. TIA.
Old 28th February 2024, 22:16   #313

Advice needed whether to renew the extended warranty or not
Hi, I am writing this post to know your opinion about renewal of extended warranty for our 2019 Honda Amaze.

Brief description :
We are having a 2019 Honda amaze (petrol) CVT and during the time of purchase we bought extended warranty for 5 years and the warranty is going to end by next month.
While contacting with the service centre they told we can renew the warranty yearly upto the 10th year.
The service person told that renewal of the extended warranty for 1 year would cost approximately around 8 thousand.
When we asked about the coverage under warranty they given the following details.

ARTICLE: Extended Warranties. Yes or No?-img20240228wa0007.jpg

ARTICLE: Extended Warranties. Yes or No?-img20240228wa0012.jpg

ARTICLE: Extended Warranties. Yes or No?-img20240228wa0005.jpg

ARTICLE: Extended Warranties. Yes or No?-img20240228wa0010.jpg

ARTICLE: Extended Warranties. Yes or No?-img20240228wa0009.jpg

ARTICLE: Extended Warranties. Yes or No?-img20240228wa0014.jpg

These are the parts covered under warranty.

We are planning to keep the car as long as we can as we love the car very much , So should I go for the renewal of the extended warranty.
Old 24th March 2024, 19:39   #314
BHPian

I have 2017 Honda city zx cvt and will complete 7 years with the car this Mar24. I have been regularly getting the extended warranty for the car so far and the current extended warranty gets over this Apr24. I am having second thoughts of renewing the extended warranty after Apr24 but the service guy is suggesting to continue renewing the extended warranty citing the scenario of CVT engine failure which may have a repair/ replacement cost of upwards of Rs.3 lakhs.
Appreciate any advise from Team BHP in this regard - to go for the extended warranty or not? My car usage is limited to around 10 km / day city usage with the occasional long distance trips.
Thanks for the help in advance!
Old 1st April 2024, 09:31   #315

Hello

I will suggest that you should go for extended warranty. It is true that that Honda cars are extremely reliable (have city vx since 2016 and no issues till date) but having an extra advantage always help. Moreover, your car is 7 years old and the cost of parts have surely increased in these years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks