Team-BHP - ARTICLE: How to buy a *NEW* car in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: How to buy a *NEW* car in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/29513-article-how-buy-new-car-india-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVille07 (Post 1085908)
Guys, I ahve a doubt reg. corporate discount, Who is paying this to customer ? Dealer or Manufacturer.

Let me tell the context also,
I am going to book a Swift Lxi and now sales guy is telling he cant give Corp disc as promised earlier since they are giving me a heavy discount(15K cash + 10 K worth accessories).

Sometimes the dealer, but sometimes the Co. itself(like during festive seasons).

The total 25K is not a big deal since it's not a Swift D. The discount in Maruti cars can go upto 40K !

Try your luck at another dealer.

Thanks Mithun. Actually I checked with 3 dealers in Chennai and this is what the best offer I got. I will try hard to get corp discount too as you suggested.

On the similar lines of NCR - Delhi query, I stay in Thane and wish to buy ANHC. Honda does not seem to have a showroom in Thane. That leaves me with 2 options i.e. dealers in Mumbai & Navi Mumbai.

The price difference between these two cities for City 1.5 S MT is almost INR 40k.
(Mumbai - INR 846,900, Navi Mumbai - INR 807,500)

I was wondering if I can "legally" buy a car from Navi Mumbai dealer and register it in Thane. Does the ex-showroom price change in this case?

Is there any concept like dealer jurisdiction?

Of course you can buy your City from the new bombay dealer and register her in Thane. Actually, that's the way to go since the Mumbai dealer won't be able to give you delivery from his showroom anyways....any unregistered cars entering Mumbai have to pay Octroi first.

A question:

I wanted to leverage the fact that since I'm planning to buy a new car in December, I could angle for a discount since the year of registration is then 2008. However, I was told two different things by 2 people:

1) The Hyundai people said that I could book the car today and then register the car in Jan and then the year would be 2009 when I went to sell the car. Of course, I wouldn't be able to drive the car on the road until registered in 2009.
2) The Maruti salesperson told me that it's the year of manufacture that is considered in reselling and not the year of registration. So, effectively, if I bought in December 2008, then the year would be 2008 for resale PoV, regardless of when I registered the car. He further said that typically the
stock sold by dealers for most models (excluding ones with wait queues like Swift Vdi etc) would be manufactured 2-3 months earlier, so in case I wanted a 2009 year while reselling, I should only buy in March or April.

Please clarify.

@ Sidkun : You probably want to check this thread out.

Hope that helps.

Thanks GTO! Tried searching for a similar thread but I guess this thread skipped my attention.

One weird thing, and maybe I'm just imagining things .... but sometimes if I want to search for some topic on team-bhp .... I don't get the desired thread by using the search button on the t-bhp site, but get it if I go to google and type the "keyword" and then "team-bhp". What search engine does t-bhp use? Because as the number of threads grows, the search capabilities are really important.

Okay, so, i'm about to buy my first car. I've settled on an indica vista but I'm confused about where to buy it. I'm from hyderabad and so, I've got a permanent address there which makes it easy for me to buy a car plus the taxes are lower here. But I study in mysore and I need the car there. There is a difference of over Rs. 20,000 between hyderabad and mysore.
So, now I've got three options.
1. Buy the car in hyderabad, get it registered here and then take it to mysore.
2. Buy the car in hyderabad and somehow get it registered in mysore.
3. Buy the car in mysore and pay the heavy taxes.
Now, I don't want to do anything illegally and end up getting harassed by the cops. I've been getting conflicting answers to this dilemma. Some people say that I can just drive the car in mysore without any extra work at all while others say that I'll just have to get the NOC while still others say that I'll have to get the NOC and pay the tax. I've looked around on these forums and gathered that if I'm buying a used car registered in another state, I'll have to get an NOC and pay the road tax but in this case, the car is already registered in my name - just in another state. Sorry if this has already been elsewhere but I just couldn't find it.
So, what do you guys think I should do??

nukeblitz:- look at the threads on vehicle taxes in KA. There is one with "HIGH ALERT" in its title; use the advanced search function to find that thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR (Post 1144444)
nukeblitz:- look at the threads on vehicle taxes in KA. There is one with "HIGH ALERT" in its title; use the advanced search function to find that thread.

Thanks, that pretty much answers things for me. I'll just go and buy the car in mysore and get a KA registration and avoid the whole mess in the first place. I'll probably have to downgrade to a lower model but I don't think I've got any choice.

Funnily searching the site for karnataka road tax doesn't yield any results but searching for HIGH ALERT promptly turned up the thread I was looking for...

When a new car is delivered, they seem to come with different brands of tyres, battery etc. although they may be of the same size or capacity. This is even if it's the same model of car.
Is it worth annoying the dealer about which brands of tires or battery will be in the car and insisting on it being delivered with one i prefer or is it just an exercise in futility and should i just buy new ones if I'm not satisfied???

great thread,, happy to be on team-bhp :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by nukeblitz (Post 1145050)
Is it worth annoying the dealer about which brands of tires or battery will be in the car and insisting on it being delivered with one i prefer or is it just an exercise in futility and should i just buy new ones if I'm not satisfied???

Annoying? You have just given the dealer a couple of lakhs worth business. Who cares if he gets annoyed? My Indigo came with MRF rubber (or was it Apollo?). I asked my dealer to switch to Bridgestones, they were only too happy to oblige.

Hi
I have found a rather brand new red swift vdi which has clocked only 6000kms.Its 2008 october one (Trivandrum reg). The asking price is 5,17,000/-.The vehicle is in pristine condition not even removed the plastic covers from the seats. What u guys think? Shall I go for it or I have another one which has clocked 11900kms(pearl white) but its January 2008 model(I think the model year then will be 2007) which has an asking price of 5,15,000/-. Guys please advice whether I should opt for a brand new car or go with either of these...Please its urgent...please:

Cheers
Dilip

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 (Post 1194049)
Hi
I have found a rather brand new red swift vdi which has clocked only 6000kms.Its 2008 october one (Trivandrum reg). The asking price is 5,17,000/-.The vehicle is in pristine condition not even removed the plastic covers from the seats. What u guys think? Shall I go for it or I have another one which has clocked 11900kms(pearl white) but its January 2008 model(I think the model year then will be 2007) which has an asking price of 5,15,000/-. Guys please advice whether I should opt for a brand new car or go with either of these...Please its urgent...please:

Cheers
Dilip

My take is to go for the first one. You have got a clean 50K discount and a car without waiting period. But make sure you get the same checked by the MASS. Also talk to the MASS where this car was attended to find out if this car is a lemon.