Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2012, 05:54   #1111
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 151
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Can you please decode WBAFW75000C474715 and what additional information can I get? Also is there a difference in production date and assembly date in CKD units.
manjith_pm is offline  
Old 29th December 2012, 09:13   #1112
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,421
Thanked: 1,090 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
WBAFW75000C474715.......
Also is there a difference in production date and assembly date in CKD units.
Make : BMW
Model : 520D
Displacement : 2.00
Transmission : Auto
Color : Alpinweiss 3
Production Date : 08.02.2012

Quote from the Thread below:

Quote:
Ascertain that the year of manufacture is current, and the month is recent. Best way is to ask the dealer for the "Form 22" certificate (issued by the manufacturer). You will find the engine / chassis numbers on this certificate, while the month / year of manufacture are on the "road-worthiness" certificate (part of Form 22).
wildon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2012, 09:22   #1113
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 151
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Production Date : 08.02.2012

Should this be read as dd/mm/yyyy? If so is it ok to go ahead with the purchase?
I need to go and talk to the dealer regarding form 22.
manjith_pm is offline  
Old 29th December 2012, 09:35   #1114
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,421
Thanked: 1,090 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
Should this be read as dd/mm/yyyy?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
If so is it ok to go ahead with the purchase?
I need to go and talk to the dealer regarding form 22.
Check the relevant documents and do a PDI . If found appropriate then only proceed.
wildon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2012, 15:27   #1115
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 151
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Check the relevant documents and do a PDI . If found appropriate then only proceed.
I went to the dealership n they are saying build date and assembly date are different and that it can only be 2nd August n not 8th feb. Also that the 520d got features like Eco pro mode only after may. I have anyway asked them to give me the form 22 and engine/chassis no. Is there anyway to check this info in detail. I don't mind waiting and not getting any discount rather than getting a 8 month old car and for some reason I couldn't find the manufacture date on the RFT as I cross checked to see if that gives out any clue. Thank you Wildon. Sorry to trouble so much but would really help if you can guide me with regard to the same.
manjith_pm is offline  
Old 29th December 2012, 23:58   #1116
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,421
Thanked: 1,090 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
I went to the dealership n they are saying build date and assembly date are different
Agree on this part as you said its a CKD unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
and that it can only be 2nd August n not 8th feb.
Sorry , ask them to punch the VIN in the company provided software and prove it. German format for date,month and year is YYMMDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
Also that the 520d got features like Eco pro mode only after may.
I can confirm that your car having this feature.


Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
I have anyway asked them to give me the form 22 and engine/chassis no.
Ask them to show the original so that you will get the first hand info about manufacturer declared production month and year of this particular vehicle which is really matter while registering a vehicle.
wildon is offline  
Old 30th December 2012, 21:00   #1117
BHPian
 
satyamkaushik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 276
Thanked: 134 Times
Default

Hi all,
I am in deep confusion at this stage.
I had booked two cars with Skoda, one a superb 1.8 TSI
And a Rapid 1.6 TDI.
I have made all the payments and the delivery is due for tomorrow.
I went to the showroom today for a PDI, but couldn't do it for some reasons at the showroom's end.
The VIN no. That he gave me for the two cars are.
Tmbbbe3t6ca301313 and Tmbblhna9cg028861

The rapid was manufactured in aug 2012
And the superb in May 2012.

The dealer says that the car was dispatched in november from the factory and has shown me the proof in his database.

Shall I accept the cars or shall I refuse it ?
satyamkaushik is offline  
Old 31st December 2012, 10:22   #1118
BHPian
 
satyamkaushik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 276
Thanked: 134 Times
Default

Please can some help me put ?
It's really urgent !

My delivery is scheduled for today and I have a confusion weather to take a 7 month old car or not ?

Can someone guide me in the right direction.
satyamkaushik is offline  
Old 31st December 2012, 10:27   #1119
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,421
Thanked: 1,090 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
Tmbbbe3t6ca301313
Make : Skoda
Model : Superb Ambition
Production Date : 29.05.2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
Tmbblhna9cg028861
Make : Skoda
Model : Rapid Ambition
Production Date : 27.08.2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
The dealer says that the car was dispatched in november from the factory and has shown me the proof in his database.

Shall I accept the cars or shall I refuse it ?
Check the manufactured declared documents too for confirmation about this. Do a PDI and if found satisfactory then proceed.
wildon is offline  
Old 31st December 2012, 10:31   #1120
BHPian
 
satyamkaushik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 276
Thanked: 134 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Make : Skoda
Model : Superb Ambition
Production Date : 29.05.2012

Make : Skoda
Model : Rapid Ambition
Production Date : 27.08.2012

Check the manufactured declared documents too for confirmation about this. Do a PDI and if found satisfactory then proceed.
His file shows that the cars were dispatched in November from the factory.

When I asked him about the this 7 month old issue, he said this is the engine manufacturing date and it takes time to assemble the car.
There are times when it takes longer due to unavailability of parts.

What shall I do now ?
satyamkaushik is offline  
Old 31st December 2012, 10:39   #1121
Senior - BHPian
 
agambhandari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Delhi,Ludhiana
Posts: 1,360
Thanked: 1,477 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post

His file shows that the cars were dispatched in November from the factory.

When I asked him about the this 7 month old issue, he said this is the engine manufacturing date and it takes time to assemble the car.
There are times when it takes longer due to unavailability of parts.

What shall I do now ?
The Superb is a CKD from Czech Republic.

The VIN manufacture date tells the manufacturing date of the Kit. The date of assembly would be much later.

5-6 month difference between assembly and manufacture is normal in CKD car.
Just do a PDI and you should be good to buy the the Superb.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 11:32   #1122
BHPian
 
satyamkaushik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 276
Thanked: 134 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post

The Superb is a CKD from Czech Republic.

The VIN manufacture date tells the manufacturing date of the Kit. The date of assembly would be much later.

5-6 month difference between assembly and manufacture is normal in CKD car.
Just do a PDI and you should be good to buy the the Superb.
Thanks a lot Agam.
That really solved the confusion.

Actually I was feeling whether there's something fishy about the car as its 7 months old.

This helped a lot, but why didn't the Skoda dealer tell this to me In the first place.
satyamkaushik is offline  
Old 1st January 2013, 10:59   #1123
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 329
Thanked: 182 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Hi guys. I booked a Brio. Can someone help me decode the VIN? Thanks you.

VIN - makdd171kcn100012
thumpingheart is offline  
Old 1st January 2013, 11:39   #1124
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,421
Thanked: 1,090 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
makdd171kcn100012
Its October 2012 Manufactured Vehicle.
wildon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 11:42   #1125
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 329
Thanked: 182 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Its October 2012 Manufactured Vehicle.
Thank you so much Wildon! I'm buying it now delivery on the 4th. Completely acceptable right?
thumpingheart is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks