Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2015, 21:59   #301
Team-BHP Support

Re: MapMyIndia Navigation - Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Can anyone advice me on how can I make the navigation system work on my Grand Vitara without incurring much cost.
Sorry to hear you lost the card. So far nobody has touched my memory card during service, I never remember to remove it.

The mapmyindia maps are locked to the device, you can't copy and use it on another mapmyindia device. So what you are asking amounts to piracy, which can't be discussed here.

Last edited by Samurai : 25th July 2015 at 22:00.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 22:54   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Hi Guys,

Can anyone advice me on how can I make the navigation system work on my Grand Vitara without incurring much cost.
Same thing happened to me. Either I removed the card when giving for service or it was stolen at the service center.

I did some research. The only legal way is to get a new card paying 4000. Not very fair. I feel mapmyindia should have a provision of replacing lost card at a lower cost. In case I was not very happy with mmi so never replaced it.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 21:07   #303
BHPian

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this to. Mods please move this to the appropriate thread if you feel I have posted it here in error.

I plan to get a dedicated GPS device for my motorcycle and was thinking of buying the MapmyIndia Trailblazer 2. On the MapmyIndia website, the Trailblazer 2 does not seem to be listed. I sent them an email, but haven't heard from them as yet.

Is there any other device that you'd suggest that I can fix on my motorcycle? If I buy one of the MapmyIndia device that is used in Cars and fix it on my motorcycle, would there be any issue with the device getting heated up or damaged under direct sunlight?
Old 30th July 2015, 18:04   #304
BHPian

Sorry for the back to back post, but I thought I'd keep you all updated on the Trailblazer 2 for motorcycles from MapmyIndia.

I got a call from their customer service team today and they informed that they have stopped selling the Trailblazer 2 (no reasons given as to why they stopped manufacturing/selling this product). Anyway, as per them there is no other device that would be ideal to use on a motorcycle and using them could lead to the device getting damaged due to it being used in the open and especially due to being used under direct sunlight for a longer duration.

They said that they would be releasing a new device made only for motorcycles, but there was no time frame that was given. They have also promised to call me when this device gets released.

What other device do you all think I could buy to use on my motorcycle rides?
Old 15th September 2015, 10:42   #305
BHPian

Is it possible to upload Google Map driving directions to MMI device? If so, then how? I have the MMI Roadpilot device.
Old 15th September 2015, 11:42   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Is it possible to upload Google Map driving directions to MMI device? If so, then how? I have the MMI Roadpilot device.
I don't think it is possible. MapMyIndia even has a unique format which is used to store the points in a route.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks