Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2011, 07:14   #31
BHPian

Re: Jabra FREEWAY Car Kit (In-car BT speakerphone) : User Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohi_rao View Post
If a contact has multiple phone numbers (mobile,work, home) how does one select which one to call via the voice command?
In my case since it uses the Blackberry's voice dial app i need to say - "call wife mobile" or "call wife work". If i just say "call wife" it prompts me "mobile or work", thus making it a two step process.

unrelated advice:
Easiest way, redial. last phone is always wife's
Old 21st December 2011, 09:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

I Got the delivery of my Jabra Freeway yesterday from Infibeam, it seems to be a good product, the only thing bothering is the Prerecorded voice is by English people and there pronunciation is different for Indian names that is why the product is not acknowledging and accepting the voice command very efficiently, rest all looks OK
Old 21st December 2011, 12:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

This looks like a really good product , which can be used for longtime .
And after going through all the reviews and youtube videos just could not resist myself and order the same from Infibeam.com .

This is the mail i got for the same .
Product Title Ships By Delivers By
Jabra Car Kit Freeway Dec 26, 2011 Dec 29, 2011

Any pointers guys when i can expect the same to be delivered as im travelling on 28th .

Im super excited about this stuff .

Cheers
Old 21st December 2011, 14:07   #34
BHPian

The Jabra freeway carkit is now available on flikart also. Just that it is nearly 600 Rs more than infibeam.
Old 21st December 2011, 14:52   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
This looks like a really good product , which can be used for longtime .
And after going through all the reviews and Youtube videos just could not resist myself and order the same from Infibeam.com .

This is the mail i got for the same .
Product Title Ships By Delivers By
Jabra Car Kit Freeway Dec 26, 2011 Dec 29, 2011

Any pointers guys when i can expect the same to be delivered as im travelling on 28th .

Im super excited about this stuff .

Cheers
It will reach you one day before the maximum estimated time, you can even schedule the delivery through bluedart and the best you can also collect the same from your nearest blue dart office if not available

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
The Jabra freeway carkit is now available on flikart also. Just that it is nearly 600 Rs more than infibeam.
when getting the stuff cheaper then why to pay flipkart 600 extra until they are giving away some goodies more than 600
Old 21st December 2011, 15:12   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
It will reach you one day before the maximum estimated time, you can even schedule the delivery through bluedart and the best you can also collect the same from your nearest blue dart office if not available
It comes via bluedart ? then its good, we can track the shipment.

Quote:
when getting the stuff cheaper then why to pay flipkart 600 extra until they are giving away some goodies more than 600
True why pay extra, i also checked in flipkart before ordering it and found it to be close to 7k .

Cheers
Old 22nd December 2011, 09:51   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Any pointers guys when i can expect the same to be delivered as im travelling on 28th
Based on my experience, they ship it within a day and it takes a day (at most to reach BLR). So I would expect it to be delivered before the weekend. My shipment was via AFL and I could track the same online.
Old 22nd December 2011, 10:35   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Based on my experience, they ship it within a day and it takes a day (at most to reach BLR). So I would expect it to be delivered before the weekend. My shipment was via AFL and I could track the same online.
Yup, looks like that.
Yesterday in the evening i got a call from them to confirm the shipping address and was told that they will try to ship it by today only, so hopefully should be able to get it by weekend or max by early next week.
Old 23rd December 2011, 08:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

I am getting some problem with freeway, the device is not getting automatically connected to my mobile once i enter in the car (I have kept my mobiles bluetooth ON always) and secondly when i give a voice command it asks me to pair my device even when it is connected, any inputs? should i get it replaced?
Old 23rd December 2011, 11:10   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am getting some problem with freeway, the device is not getting automatically connected to my mobile once i enter in the car (I have kept my mobiles bluetooth ON always) and secondly when i give a voice command it asks me to pair my device even when it is connected, any inputs? should i get it replaced?
I dont think there is any problem with your freeway. Is it a Samsung mobile? Some of the Samsung mobiles require manual intervention for connection even though its paired. I have faced this issue with two different Samsung mobiles with my i20's bluetooth module. Every time I turn the ignition OFF and ON, it asks for manual confirmation for connection. One of the mobile had an option (connect automatically or remember this device) while pairing the device for the first time which solved the issue. You can also try with a different mobile and cross check the correctness of the functionality. These pairing stuff depends on the way its implemented on the mobile which slightly differs between different makes.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 23rd December 2011 at 11:14.
Old 23rd December 2011, 12:20   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I dont think there is any problem with your freeway. Is it a Samsung mobile? Some of the Samsung mobiles require manual intervention for connection even though its paired. I have faced this issue with two different Samsung mobiles with my i20's bluetooth module. Every time I turn the ignition OFF and ON, it asks for manual confirmation for connection. One of the mobile had an option (connect automatically or remember this device) while pairing the device for the first time which solved the issue. You can also try with a different mobile and cross check the correctness of the functionality. These pairing stuff depends on the way its implemented on the mobile which slightly differs between different makes.
rightly said, but in case of bluetooth modules in car the ignition is ON & OFF but my freeway is always ON and even my Mobile which is Sony Ericsson X10i has its bluetooth always ON, still then the problem is coming
Old 23rd December 2011, 18:57   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...the device is not getting automatically connected to my mobile once i enter in the car (I have kept my mobiles bluetooth ON always) and secondly when i give a voice command it asks me to pair my device even when it is connected, any inputs? should i get it replaced?
Quote:
...my freeway is always ON and even my Mobile which is Sony Ericsson X10i has its bluetooth always ON, still then the problem is coming
The device takes a couple of minutes after the car is started up, to sense the road vibrations, wake itself up, and connect to your phone via BT. Try re-pairing the unit to your phone once again before sending in it for repairing! Infibeam gives you a 30-day return / replace policy anyway.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 23rd December 2011 at 18:58.
Old 24th December 2011, 17:30   #43
BHPian

I have absolutely no problems in pairing my Blackberry. The moment I sit in the car (or sometimes when I open the door) I get an audio prompt "connected".

I do not leave Bluetooth on my BB always on but rather turn it on just before I get out of home/work to conserve battery. This however should not impact the pairing, I guess.

The second issue reported about the device trying to pair is something I have faced as well. Pairing phones seems to be a default behavior when the device cannot deduce what you want it to do. I think with our accent (or the accent the device is trained to listen to), voice prompts are a hit or miss (more of a miss really). I just use the "redial" prompt with a good deal of success. Anything else, you need to be lucky or have a correct accent.

Last edited by sachinayak : 24th December 2011 at 17:33.
Old 24th December 2011, 19:16   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear SS,

Nice. Am very tempted. When you say ignore, does it mute and make the call "missed" or does it cut the line?
Old 25th December 2011, 02:21   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl
Dear SS,

Nice. Am very tempted. When you say ignore, does it mute and make the call "missed" or does it cut the line?
No, it disconnects, ends the call, and tells you 'Call ended'. The caller gets a busy tone or busy notification. To mute, you need to reach up and tap the 'mute' button on the set.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks