Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2006, 09:40   #46
Senior - BHPian

You will get Belkin or Griffin iPod FM transmitters from all the Apple Stores in India. I've also seen them available online in fabmall.com and rediff.com.

The sound quality leaves a lot to be desired, though! I spent close to 5K on an iTrip when I bought and iPod 2+ years back. I used it for about 2 hours and gave up. (Among the most foolish purchases I'd made in my life). The sound doesn't cut it for me. But, if you don't want to open your dash and get a line-in job done, the FM transmitter is the only way to go. Your factory HU doesn't have a tape deck, right? If there is a tape deck, a stereo-pin to cassette adapter would also work.
Old 29th December 2006, 09:41   #47
BHPian

The Griffin iTrip for the iPod is so far the best since it is also Apple recommended. I have a Griffin iTrip for my Nano and it works brilliantly. It cost around 2000/- and is completely worth it according to me.
Old 29th December 2006, 12:37   #48
Senior - BHPian

I have the Griffin too. But I totally agree with hydrashok. I used mine for about an hour and the sound was really horrible. Even after trying to adjust all possible parameters both on the iPod and my head unit. I finally gave up and got myself a CD-IB100 interface from Pioneer.
Old 28th January 2008, 08:23   #49
BHPian

Car Fm Mp3 Modulator

Hi Gurus..... there is one accessory available - " CAR FM MP3 MODULATOR"
It can be connected to a cigerette lighter output and has a USB port. And if a thumb drive is connected to that USB port and we turn on the radio in our Car audio system it picks up signal from that modulator and plays those tracks. Its use-full for cars with audio systems which do not have a USB output.

ANYBODY KNOWS WHERE TO FIND THIS PRODUCT IN DELHI?? ( i am from south Delhi). any idea about the price???
Old 28th January 2008, 09:38   #50
Senior - BHPian

I did a search in India and was not able to get it; this was almost a year back.

You can try to source it from the Middle East; it was available there back then.

I got mine from US for 18$.

I would say this is indeed a great tool which enables you to use your USB stick for all those hours of playback. a must buy for those stuck with a head unit which does not have a USB port.

happy hunting.
Old 28th January 2008, 09:46   #51
BHPian

i got one from Singapore.. it was available in Australia too.. nice thing this device
Old 28th January 2008, 10:08   #52
Senior - BHPian

The devices are handy, no doubt. But sound-quality is quite so-so. You might find the device on one of the Indian gadget sites like www.cafegadgets.in | Welcome to Cafegadgets.in – Best prices for electronic gadgets, Computer Parts, iPod, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras, Mobiles, PDAs and much more. or in the shopping sctions of rediff or sify.
Old 15th September 2008, 15:31   #53
Senior - BHPian

I bought an FM modulator of HCL last week to play my favouritre songs in my Sandisk mp3 on the stock ICE that comes with the Fiesta. It cost me only Rs 900 and the sound, according to me, is ok. However, I need to double the volume on the ICE when compared to normal CD or FM reception.
I'm pretty happy with it so far, and boy, isn't it fun to listen to your fav numbers?
Only flip side is that I'd need to change the 2 AAA batteries after every 20 hours of use. Another issue is that some 'brrrr' sound comes when another car comes next to you on a busy traffic junction. But these are minor issues, IMO.
Old 5th October 2008, 22:35   #54
Senior - BHPian

Can anybody advise on how to connect my 80gb ipod to the Safari VTT headunit. Its a blaupunkt headunit. I do not know if it has an Aux jack.
Old 5th October 2008, 23:22   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Can anybody advise on how to connect my 80gb ipod to the Safari VTT headunit. Its a blaupunkt headunit. I do not know if it has an Aux jack.
can you find out the model number? there are just too many HUs out there to know each one.
Old 26th December 2009, 10:18   #56
Senior - BHPian

The Nokia FM Transmitter C300 has the ability to play ipod as well as charge the Nokia mobile through the 12V duct, could any one help to trace something like this.
Old 26th December 2009, 10:26   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
The Nokia FM Transmitter C300 has the ability to play ipod as well as charge the Nokia mobile through the 12V duct, could any one help to trace something like this.
+
Did you check with ebay.in?
They have plenty of FM transmitters of various models/makes in their list.
Check their website!
Old 26th December 2009, 15:30   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Did you check with ebay.in?
They have plenty of FM transmitters of various models/makes in their list.
Check their website!
Checked with ebay, no online purchase, thought of going for a aux in cable now
Old 26th December 2009, 17:14   #59
naughty001

any FM modulater or trasmitter is not going to be good enough for the guys serious about music. Besides for the obvious interference problems the other next issue is the frequency response, most FM radios have a frequency response of 50hz to around 15khz, so this means that a lot of musical information on the extreme lower end and extreme higher end of the scale get lost

check your headunit frequency response before wanting to use anything like this, remember that the average person can hear from 20hz to 20khz

this is the reason why an aux in or direct high speed i-pod cable is a better idea to connect the unit because these FM transmitting solutions will always give you inferior sound quality

Old 28th December 2009, 08:53   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty001 View Post
any FM modulater or trasmitter is not going to be good enough for the guys serious about music. Besides for the obvious interference problems the other next issue is the frequency response, most FM radios have a frequency response of 50hz to around 15khz, so this means that a lot of musical information on the extreme lower end and extreme higher end of the scale get lost

check your headunit frequency response before wanting to use anything like this, remember that the average person can hear from 20hz to 20khz

this is the reason why an aux in or direct high speed i-pod cable is a better idea to connect the unit because these FM transmitting solutions will always give you inferior sound quality
Right, yesterday i saw the FM transmitters and they are not of much help and also to add IMHO does not look good even.
I got a Aux IN of 3.5mm jack for playing Ipod music,
there is one trouble i am facing, when i connect the ipod through the Aux In cable then for some time the music is good, after that there is a noise coming from the Aux in jack connected to cars Port, could anyone tell the probable reason for this
and after a few seconds the music starts sinking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks