Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2009, 09:05   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Right, yesterday i saw the FM transmitters and they are not of much help and also to add IMHO does not look good even.
I got a Aux IN of 3.5mm jack for playing Ipod music,
there is one trouble i am facing, when i connect the ipod through the Aux In cable then for some time the music is good, after that there is a noise coming from the Aux in jack connected to cars Port, could anyone tell the probable reason for this
and after a few seconds the music starts sinking.
I have never seen anything like this. Only time when this can go wrong is, if your jack breaks-up, you can get crackling sound or sound only through one speaker etc. When I bought mine, the cable was to be connected at the back. Also you are bound to buy the same cable as the one provided by the head unit brand.

Now its an open ended market, as you can choose any. Buy a moulded cable and that should solve the problem.
Old 29th December 2009, 09:20   #62
Senior - BHPian

no use i have already bought two cables but there is a spark sound coming from the aux in cable attached in the car, dont know what to do. its a 3.5mm jack on both sides.
do i need to check with the ford workshop regarding it.
Old 29th December 2009, 11:50   #63
Senior - BHPian

hello friends,
can anyone guide me the way to connect my ipod to my car and have a good voice, aux in is a very good option but there is a spark sound coming which is not good.
is there any other way (except FM transmitter)
Old 29th December 2009, 19:44   #64
Senior - BHPian

Change the cable with which you are connecting the iPod to the Aux-in. The cable that you have has insufficient shielding.

The only other way is to change your HU to one which has direct iPod connectivity.
Old 30th December 2009, 10:05   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Change the cable with which you are connecting the iPod to the Aux-in. The cable that you have has insufficient shielding.

The only other way is to change your HU to one which has direct iPod connectivity.
What is "insufficient shielding"
Old 30th December 2009, 10:25   #66
naughty001

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
What is "insufficient shielding"
lots of audio cables come with some form of metal foil wrapped around them internally, heres a diagram to demonstrate this - note that most audio cables will also have a ground layer somewhere in there ie between the centre core and shielding

iPod + FM transmitter for ICE?-shielding.jpg

if this shield is not present the cable may be susceptible to EMI (electromagnetic interference) which could cause the noise that you are encountering. better cables will most of the time be shielded especially if they are coaxial type cables ie if they have a centre core and a ground

Last edited by naughty001 : 30th December 2009 at 10:32.

Old 30th December 2009, 18:43   #67
Senior - BHPian

The shielding is normally a woven-wire shield. The metal-foil is an additional layer, which makes the cable better. The difference between a good cable and a bad one is also in the density of the woven shield - denser the better.
Old 31st December 2009, 13:53   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The shielding is normally a woven-wire shield. The metal-foil is an additional layer, which makes the cable better. The difference between a good cable and a bad one is also in the density of the woven shield - denser the better.
This is the aux in cable which i have purchased from a music shop. i bought it for 30 rupees
Attached Thumbnails
iPod + FM transmitter for ICE?-31122009168.jpg  

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 31st December 2009 at 13:54. Reason: correction
Old 31st December 2009, 20:54   #69
Senior - BHPian

Get a better one from a good audio / electronics shop. Should cost at least 100-150.
Old 1st January 2010, 12:26   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Get a better one from a good audio / electronics shop. Should cost at least 100-150.
is there any brand coming in Aux in, i purchased this cable from a very good shop, i dont think these people have something better than this

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks