Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2006, 23:36   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
There are certain people who have the following

HU ---- > Pioneer 6500------ >7600 / 9200 DSP

I wonder what they want to do with the music. All you can hear in their system is weird thump and fizz along with their fav. DSP mode (Jazz / Club / Hall / Disco etc. etc.)
Wow! Are you serious? Maybe he could add a Pioneer 635 (or something) 3-way active X-over somewhere in that chain!

Wonder what Daler Mehndi would sound like in a setup like that with a 'Stadium' sound-field switched on? I have a feeling he must probably sound better!
Old 22nd May 2006, 13:30   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Wonder what Daler Mehndi would sound like in a setup like that with a 'Stadium' sound-field switched on?
Hayyo rabba hayyo rabba hayyo rabba!!

*full cringing happening*
Old 23rd May 2006, 16:55   #48

the subs are 12inch. my installer made a custom box.and i had no speakers at the back.just front component speakers.i put 3 equalizer to boost the bass. and i clocked 137.9. with my 1 subs coil gone in the first round.
Old 23rd May 2006, 17:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

How did you get 3 12s in the Zen? Did you make a box that was tall and blocking the rear view?
Old 23rd May 2006, 19:42   #50
Senior - BHPian

The width of the zen boot is nearly 39-40 inches so u could easily 3 12 inch woofer easliy......

So I think that would not been a problem..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
I assume for bass boost.
And what I said earlier he used the 6500 for the bassssssssssssss..........

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 23rd May 2006 at 19:46.
Old 24th May 2006, 15:11   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The width of the zen boot is nearly 39-40 inches so u could easily 3 12 inch woofer easliy......
So I think that would not been a problem..............
But the space constricts towards the sides.

Also 3 x 12" = 36" Add thickness of wood i.e. 2 x 0.75" So total 37.5" This is what you would occupy with absolutely no space between the subs and the side walls. Besides,the volume per sub that you would get with an enclosure like that would be so small that the subs would lose out on efficiency. Anyway, that does not seem to be a valid argument with you, since you also have to say....

Quote:
And what I said earlier he used the 6500 for the bassssssssssssss..........
Arre yaar, i never said it's for the highs...but 3 eqs???
Old 24th May 2006, 16:06   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinishmoosa
iwas running it on 3 1500watts velocity sub woofer dual coil, 3 pioneer 944 amp for the sub. 3 pioneer equalizer 6500,3 rockford fosgate capactor for the sub, pioneer 6600 head unit touch screen, mb quart front speakers, audison amplifier and monstore cables.
As the above said 3 sub, 3 amps , 3 EQ , 3 caps. So I easily understood that the EQ is for controlling the bass.As the EQ EQ-6500 has sub control function.

But ur right that can be done for a single EQ but some think the other ways thats why he used 3 EQ instead of 1 EQ. The installer must be a brother or in close contact of the installer which gubir(merc one) showed to us

The 3 EQ showed us the level of knowledge of our indian installers.............
Old 24th May 2006, 16:45   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The installer must be a brother or in close contact of the installer which gubir(merc one) showed to us

The 3 EQ showed us the level of knowledge of our indian installers.............
If he reads this post he will cut open your throat and install a head unit there! With a few equalizers!

I just can't stop laughing everytime I think about that chap flying from Bombay to Delhi to molest a Merc like that. I really wish to know who the gentleman was. Please Gunbir, some hints atleast!
Old 24th May 2006, 16:51   #54
Senior - BHPian

Man dont be such vulgar in ur post my throat is not a glove compartment that he can install in.

Anyways there are people who dont care about there cars. Man what about ur install how much work has been done till now.......
Old 24th May 2006, 17:27   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyways there are people who dont care about there cars. Man what about ur install how much work has been done till now.......
Still waiting for some components (raw materials) to arrive. I have the basket, cones, magnet system etc. The voice coil is under development. The wire used to make the voice coil is a special high-power variety made only in the USA, so that is going to take a while to arrive. The pole piece and top/ bottom plates are being specially machined since I am trying a slightly different design from the ordinary. And all this is taking longer than I expected.

Also, I have not finalized the amplification yet. Right now, I have treated the car with sound deadening mats, changed my stock battery and am planning the layout of the various components. Will post pics as soon as some substantial work is finished.
Old 24th May 2006, 20:58   #56

mate its not so funny about 3 eq once u take part in a db drag you will know the tension.you will not wnat to lose.and bangalore its rocking and its hard coz you have lots of good cars. i competed with a guy who had full sound stream system it was almost worth4.5 lakhs he had 4 sub. 3 component speakers capactor and 5 amps i was nothing in front of him coz of the tunning of my installer i won it. and anytime you come to banglore ask anyone about ANWAR he is the man my installer. he is the best in india brother. he did demo car of rockford fosgate, jbl, mb quart, lightning audio and sound stream. check it out brother
Old 24th May 2006, 21:18   #57

no it was not a tall box it was just to the level of the rear glass. it was a staright box with no partition but 2 air holes
Old 27th May 2006, 15:46   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
mate its not so funny about 3 eq once u take part in a db drag you will know the tension.you will not wnat to lose.and bangalore its rocking and its hard coz you have lots of good cars. i competed with a guy who had full sound stream system it was almost worth4.5 lakhs he had 4 sub. 3 component speakers capactor and 5 amps i was nothing in front of him coz of the tunning of my installer i won it. and anytime you come to banglore ask anyone about ANWAR he is the man my installer. he is the best in india brother. he did demo car of rockford fosgate, jbl, mb quart, lightning audio and sound stream. check it out brother
Ok, can I just say 'sorry' and step right out of this one?
Old 28th May 2006, 19:31   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
mate its not so funny about 3 eq ............
Besides, I hate people calling me mate. It gives a sinister connotation to my existence, what with the definition of the word being..
  1. A spouse.
2. Either of a pair of animals or birds that associate in order to propagate.

3. Either of a pair of animals brought together for breeding.

4. To be paired for reproducing.

5. To become joined in marriage.

6. To copulate.

Old 28th May 2006, 21:57   #60

thats fine my friend there is no need of sorry. but i was just telling you the need of the 3 eq there. and my installer is too good u can ask the installers in your home toen also about anwar bangalore. he is too good. anyway now i am sorry to call u mate. cheers have fun.thats what db drag is all about pump the base.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks