Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2007, 16:25   #571
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
TSK,

I'll let you in on one big secret in the audio world. the fancier the equipment the more tempremental it is. some pretty ordinary HUs will plays CDs that the luxury ones dont. Weird but true.
Seen this happening with few of my CDs. The car low end mp3 player plays them, but a friends Onkyo refused to play them(audio CD).

Quote:
As far as distortions are concerned the only distortions you can redce by using an amp is those related to the amplifier or power supply sections of the HU. I've heard some HUs that sound poor regardless, thankfully there are few and fr between and are getting rarer with the comodozation of this technology.
[/quote]
My point exactly. With all members of the HU brigade like Sony, Pioneer, etc., sourcing components from the same places, there is hardly any difference in sound quality. I guess somebody will sensitive ears can tell more, but as for me, whenever I have seen good and bad SQ the reason was speakers and amp, and not the HU.
Just by using a good quality wooden tray the sound quality in my car improved many notches.
For a budget buyer brands like Intex, DAPIC, thecarbon etc., are starting to make sense.
Before somebody jumps on me on "reliability front" most sony HUs I have owned had their lenses going kaput within a year and refusing to play certain CDs. So Pioneer/Sony HU = Better reliable HU argument does not hold water. There are other members with Sony HUs which had lenses going weak after a less than a year of use.
But I have seen that even budget buyers are not willing to experiment with low end of the market, they would rather buy a Pioneer from the grey market, than take any of these with bill and warranty. I am also guilty of the same syndrome. I picked up Sony/Pioneer in the past without B&W because they were so cheap, as cheap as these unknown brands!
Old 2nd May 2007, 16:50   #572
Team-BHP Support

Having not heard Dapic and co for a long while (10 years+) I wont comment on the recent products. The moment we start judging books by the cover we stop leanring buutttt....what Sony, Pio, Alpine, Blaupunkt, do/should offer is a standadization of QC and After Sales Service.

What the person who is buying without B&W hope to achieve is getting the SAME product as the pweron who pays for B&W but at a lower price. I am not sure of which of the local brands (Dapic and co) offer B&W and what that B&W is good for.

I know for certain than Blau's B&W service is fantastic, and as far as Alpine is concnered m circa 1987 7385 tape deck fell down from my window sill and survived (albeit even Alpine dont make them like they used to). My family has an Alpine in every car (cousins, nephews, mom, sisters, brothers, etc...) and we have not had a failure yet (so we really have not expereinced the B&W).
Old 2nd May 2007, 19:02   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
as far as Alpine is concnered m circa 1987 7385 tape deck fell down from my window sill and survived
Oh yeah? Your milkman still has a lump on the head from that.
Old 2nd May 2007, 19:21   #574
Senior - BHPian

I agree a bit here....I have a sunvisor DVD player with inbult 7 inch screen with flash memory and USB support also.....the player costed me 6k....but If pioneer or alpine had made it....it would be in the price range of 30k....or more with lots of feature removed......and the display quality is superb....and the sound is also nice.......
Old 3rd May 2007, 12:29   #575
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Oh yeah? Your milkman still has a lump on the head from that.
B&T that deck is still in my possesion. I used it untill some dolt mechanic used thnner to clean the dash and the deck wiping off the legends. Like I said they dont make them like they (Tandberg, Revox, etc...) used to.
Old 3rd May 2007, 12:30   #576
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I agree a bit here....I have a sunvisor DVD player with inbult 7 inch screen with flash memory and USB support also.....the player costed me 6k......
hey you got a model number.
Old 3rd May 2007, 12:48   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey you got a model number.
Sorry Navin Ji no model as it is Chinese...but here is a pic and a web page of the same....you can easily get it at any good car audio shop......

Car AV Sun Visor DVD Player (Chinavasion Wholesale Co., Ltd.,China)
Old 3rd May 2007, 13:13   #578
Team-BHP Support

Wow !
Old 3rd May 2007, 13:38   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow !
Are you planning to have one......
Old 9th May 2007, 11:35   #580
Senior - BHPian

latest mod done just last night....the AMP RACK.....the whole rack will be power coated in a day or two....and detailed pics of the making of the rack and installed will be posted later.....

Old 9th May 2007, 11:38   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

Well done, o crazy sikh!!
Old 9th May 2007, 12:02   #582
Senior - BHPian

Wow..
Neat And Clean..
Nicely Done Lbm..
Where is another amp ?
Do post some more photos of setup and Rack.
Old 9th May 2007, 12:08   #583
Senior - BHPian

Looks really good, l_b_m! Really nice job!
Old 9th May 2007, 12:27   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
.but If pioneer or alpine had made it....it would be in the price range of 30k....
Alpine's basic DVD player without the screens & the frills costs around 30k.
Old 9th May 2007, 13:12   #585
BANNED

Oye Phaaji!
Good job. It looks clean, neat and beautiful.

How is it sounding now? After putting in ported boxes?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks