Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2007, 05:14   #451
BHPian

hi lbm,

congrats for your ice setup. i waited like hell. only i know how. i hate surprises. ;-)). keep it up dude. im really happy you had patience to wait for so long. i would have definitely given up. :-)

cheers
clip
Old 15th April 2007, 08:25   #452
Senior - BHPian

IDMax x 2. WOW! Great, l_b_m!

I haven't heard them, but I've heard only good, nay great things about them. Congrats!!! Enjoyyyy! This is another great setup that I may not have the opportunity to listen to :(
Old 15th April 2007, 15:56   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
hi lbm,

congrats for your ice setup. i waited like hell. only i know how. i hate surprises. ;-)). keep it up dude. im really happy you had patience to wait for so long. i would have definitely given up. :-)

cheers
clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
IDMax x 2. WOW! Great, l_b_m!

I haven't heard them, but I've heard only good, nay great things about them. Congrats!!! Enjoyyyy! This is another great setup that I may not have the opportunity to listen to :(
Thank you guys I have just installed the subs in a hurry for the meet only...till now no tunning or such has been done...which will be done is few days time....as now I have to work quite hard to get my bank balance back to normal........will keep you all guys updated on the same.......
Old 15th April 2007, 17:15   #454
Senior - BHPian

Congrates for new subs..It must sound great and for how much you got the subs ? are those 12 inchers ?
Old 16th April 2007, 10:34   #455
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Thank you guys I have just installed the subs in a hurry for the meet only.........
Congrats LBM. That's all I will say! :-)
Old 16th April 2007, 12:18   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Congrates for new subs..It must sound great and for how much you got the subs ? are those 12 inchers ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Congrats LBM. That's all I will say! :-)
thanks Mugen.......yes they sound good......and LOW.....and yes they are 12 inchers........

thanks Navin Ji......but now I am stuck at the tunning part which has to be made and that will take some time to complete.......
Old 16th April 2007, 15:17   #457
BHPian

LBM,
Quick off-topic question, are you relying on your standard Maruti-Nippon security system ? No anti theft systems ? Curious coz it was the first thing that came to my mind as i was investing in my setup.

cheers.
Old 16th April 2007, 16:05   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur View Post
LBM,
Quick off-topic question, are you relying on your standard Maruti-Nippon security system ? No anti theft systems ? Curious coz it was the first thing that came to my mind as i was investing in my setup.

cheers.
Ya man right now I am using the standard Nippon system....but I have done some foolproof stuff also........also I try to installed stuff bolted to the car which will difficult to remove easily....also I hardly show off my setup.....

and some of the precautions I take....

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gurus/12381-must-read-keeping-your-car-audio-system-secure.html
Old 16th April 2007, 18:50   #459
BANNED

Finally, I took time to read this thread.
I was quiet travelling a lot without my phone and couldn't come online often. I had decided to read thru this thread when I find some good time and that is what I have done now.
La!!! How much I have missed!!

Congrats LBM (AKA NBM, LBM again etc....)!!!!
Nice to know your setup is back with a bang. I am sure you understand the inferiority of PIO subs you had earlier. These new SUBs will make you jump with joy I am sure.
Very nice to know you are again going DIY route. That's a great job you have done.

Any more surprises left to be revealed?? I am just curious.
Old 16th April 2007, 18:55   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Any more surprises left to be revealed?? I am just curious.
Thanks Zak........

Ya but not so soon.....as it will take sometime to collect the green thing....
Old 17th April 2007, 23:51   #461
Senior - BHPian

today I did some experiment.......on the bigger Steg I connected one channel to a IDMAX and the other to Pioneer SPL series sub 3004SPL.....the IDMAX was wired at 4 ohms as the VC are in series...and the pioneer was wired as 2 ohms as they were in parallel.....so the MAX was getting about 360 watts and the pioneer was getting 650 watts..one more thing the MAX was in a sealed box and the pioneer in a ported one....so I compared both sub for they sound quality and quantity they can reproduce......

the IDMAX was quite fast and pioneer lagged a bit behind it.........the pioneer was lagging in the punch or we can say kick section also.... the pioneer was sounding a bit raw but the MAX was clean.....but one thing strange I observed here was that the Pioneer was in a ported box and getting the double the watts when compared to the MAX and also it was in a sealed box there was only a 2 dB level difference in them and the pioneer was the louder one......but the differnce is quite less....So now I am think to make new enclosure with port and run the sub with 1 ohms wiring which will give them 1200 watts....let us see what the results are....but I will wait for 10-15 days till the sub has break-in properly so that it can play low also....
Old 18th April 2007, 00:02   #462
BANNED

I think it is better to stay sealed.
Old 18th April 2007, 09:43   #463
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
....but I will wait for 10-15 days till the sub has break-in properly so that it can play low also....
you can use a 30Hz sine wave at say 20 W rms overnight and it will break in your sub as well. You can even use your HT amp for this.
Old 18th April 2007, 09:49   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...So now I am think to make new enclosure with port and run the sub with 1 ohms wiring which will give them 1200 watts....let us see what the results are....but I will wait for 10-15 days till the sub has break-in properly so that it can play low also....
Quote:
1200w RMS? With that much going in, I'd second Zak on the sealed box.
Old 18th April 2007, 11:53   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
1200w RMS? With that much going in, I'd second Zak on the sealed box.
any particular reason for a sealed one......I know they are accurate but they need lots of power to play.......on the second thought the ported will need less power and they can also play louder than the sealed one....about 3-6 dB......if made properly......

For this I would be making one enclosure first and then compare it with the sealed one......so that I can see what I am losing (quality) and what I am gaining (SPL)....and after that I will decide for which one to keep........

ya 1200 watts for each sub......but I fear it is huge amount of power let us see we what happens........
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks