Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2007, 15:52   #346
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
I think it is surprise thats why.. LBM where are you ?? how about some details ??
I could tell you guys but then...nah...i'll let you giuys live and let LBM spill the beans (I robbed him of his beans once).
Old 30th March 2007, 15:59   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I could tell you guys but then...nah...i'll let you giuys live and let LBM spill the beans (I robbed him of his beans once).
thank you sir......it will be declared on the 14 th of april......that is final......
Old 30th March 2007, 15:59   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
i didnt find what subs has LBM bought.
Even LBM has not found the subs he has bought.
Old 30th March 2007, 16:02   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Even LBM has not found the subs he has bought.
this is the real truth....which will be finalized on the 14th so we have to wait till then.....
Old 31st March 2007, 01:31   #350
Senior - BHPian

LBM - You bought the reference Sony's???? They must be sounding really excreta, init???
Old 31st March 2007, 09:43   #351
Team-BHP Support

No Rags,
I suspect LBM has commisioned Mike Dzurko and Ken Kantor (Floyd Toole is on holiday with family at present and in anycase Sam's parent company has "kidnapped" him) to design a custom sub.
Old 31st March 2007, 10:48   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

It's Doctor Floyde E. Toole to you.
Old 31st March 2007, 11:11   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
No Rags,
I suspect LBM has commisioned Mike Dzurko and Ken Kantor (Floyd Toole is on holiday with family at present and in anycase Sam's parent company has "kidnapped" him) to design a custom sub.
Hmm....no Navin Ji I would get hold of Ajay Kamath (aka B&T) only for the custom job......but right now I after him to get the subs for me....lets hope they arrive here fast.......

But I have ken kantor`s one creation......

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 31st March 2007 at 11:14.
Old 31st March 2007, 11:58   #354
BHPian

OT:I also have the same altec lansing speakers as you lbm ,great bass for a 6.5 inch woofer along with quality but they distort(one is not even able to hear what is being sung) at full volume which is quite contrary to all their reviews.Are the crossovers screwed up or what.When I took them to to the sevice center they replaced it and give me another which did not distort at full volume but had very little bass.But after some days the distortion at full volume again started but the bass also increased to previous levels.I am not using any eq and it is set to default.at present I have an onboard intel 865 soundcard
Morever at volumes less than full the sound quality is quite good except the fact that in songs with good bass at low avolumeone can hear the subwoofer flutter as if it is going to break.Also there is drone from the sub when it is at full volume but no music is playing.

Last edited by revvedup : 31st March 2007 at 12:06.
Old 31st March 2007, 12:18   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
LBM, for someone who believed "A watt is a watt" you sure made a helluva switch from Alpine to Steg. Steg makes some great stuff and as I have said earlier, I look forward to hearing your setup at the upcoming meet. I have always said the current Alpine amps suck and I'm sure your setup is playing far better now with some quality amplification.

We have problems with dealers and end users who cant grasp the concept of a 40k amp that does only 100w x2!!! Of course, they don't understand the specs and thats an issue that we have to deal with all the time.
Hmmm...alpine and steg....ya there is a lot of difference between both of them, also when I have sold my alpine and waiting for the steg I have installed the mighty sony-222 to run my setup as I cannot drive my car without music.....so now I can tell the differnce between all of them....first the alpine it was sharp and bright....the sony was raw unrefined...but the steg is clean and sweet....yes I can feel the difference between them.....but when we say watt is a watt the alpine and steg gets loud equal but both will sound different....so watt will be equal in terms of energy but not in terms of sound....

Ya I agree with you it is hard to justify the cost involved in make of this highend amps and the quality components which goes in the making of the final product the R&D done to achive the final result....for this I would go the Navin Ji way...."TRUST YOU EARS"
Old 31st March 2007, 12:46   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvedup View Post
OT:I also have the same altec lansing speakers as you lbm ,great bass for a 6.5 inch woofer along with quality but they distort(one is not even able to hear what is being sung) at full volume which is quite contrary to all their reviews.Are the crossovers screwed up or what.When I took them to to the sevice center they replaced it and give me another which did not distort at full volume but had very little bass.But after some days the distortion at full volume again started but the bass also increased to previous levels.I am not using any eq and it is set to default.at present I have an onboard intel 865 soundcard
Morever at volumes less than full the sound quality is quite good except the fact that in songs with good bass at low avolumeone can hear the subwoofer flutter as if it is going to break.Also there is drone from the sub when it is at full volume but no music is playing.
Ya totally agree with you but they sound very nice when played at moderate volumes....the IC used to amplifiy the sound are TDA7265 for the highs and the mids capable of making 25+25 watts. and TDA7295 for the woofer section capable 80 watts....so I think it will sound fine for moderate volumes only.....
Old 31st March 2007, 16:44   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
the sony was raw unrefined...but the steg is clean and sweet....
Sony 222 vs Steg K Series? Bas yehi din dekhne baaki the!

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
Hmm....no Navin Ji I would get hold of Ajay Kamath (aka B&T) only for the custom job......but right now I after him to get the subs for me
I hope this statement does not get me into a little bit of a scandal.
Old 31st March 2007, 17:00   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I hope this statement does not get me into a little bit of a scandal.
2 Subs = Bass.
Scandal = Trouble.

2 subs + Scandal = Bass&Trouble.

Old 31st March 2007, 17:01   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I after him [/IMG]
What scandal, it's all about love. When you two have your little ragh_low_kamath_bass_trouble_makkers running around (Aww so cute) it'll all be worth it wonnit?
Old 31st March 2007, 17:04   #360
Senior - BHPian

Brahma Series rule for LBM.....!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks