Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2007, 22:24   #496
BHPian

2400*1 at 2 ohms ULTRA_LOW_BASS_MAKKER
Old 25th April 2007, 23:57   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
guys one question......I have STEG 2 channel amp......that all of you guys know now.....ok then it is 2400 x 1 in bridge mode at 2 ohms....and 1200 x 2 in normal mode at 1 ohms.....so which one to choose.....bridge or normal.....

1200 x 2 at 1 ohms or 2400 x 1 at 2 ohms
LBM either ways its the same thing... when you bridge the two channels, both channels will be seeing a 1ohm load.
Old 26th April 2007, 10:48   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
LBM either ways its the same thing... when you bridge the two channels, both channels will be seeing a 1ohm load.
But one thing I can see that I can get to play one sub when in Normal mode.....to match the front stage with the sub.....any other thing guys......
Old 26th April 2007, 10:50   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
2400*1 at 2 ohms ULTRA_LOW_BASS_MAKKER
I which the handle can be changed.....then I would go for the same...

ULTRA_LOW_BASS_MAKKER
Old 26th April 2007, 17:53   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1200 x 2 at 1 ohms or 2400 x 1 at 2 ohms
B&T Bhai, Sam Bhai, Navin Ji........any further comments here.....
Old 26th April 2007, 20:08   #501
Distinguished - BHPian

LBM, whenever you bridge an amplifier, each individual channel "Sees" half the impedance presented to it.

Your woofers have 2 voice coils (each) of 2 ohms. It is possible to make this woofer 4 ohms (By connecting the 2 in series) or 1 ohm (by connecting them in parallel)

Option A
If you connect 2X4 ohms woofers in parallel with each other (resulting in 2 ohms) and connect it to the amp in bridged mode, each individual channel will "see" 1 ohm and the resultant power is 2400X1. As each woofer is identical, the power will be divided equally, resulting in 1200W per woofer.

Option B:
You take 2X1 ohm woofer (each one with parallel voice coils internally) and wire them in series and the resultant is bridged to the amplifier. The result is identical to option A

Option c
You take each 1 ohm woofer (each one with parallel voice coils internally) and connect it normally, i.e one to each channel of your amplifier. This results in each channel "seeing" 1 ohm presented to it and the result is 1200W per woofer.

Though theoretically the result is identical, I would prefer if you connected each 1 ohm woofer normally to each channel (optionC) of the steg amp. This isolates each channel, allowing it perform independantly. Also the failure (if at all) of one woofer will not result in a system failure. Or vice versa.
For example, in case a single voice coil fails (in either option a or b) it will change the impedace presented to both channels of the amplifier. This makes me uncomfortable.

Besides i find that any equipment is happiest when running in normal mode. This may be a mental thing, but people say I am mental.
Old 26th April 2007, 23:05   #502
Senior - BHPian

ya I was thinking of the same......each sub on each channel....also one sub can be switched off when required.....

Let us see what Navin Ji and Ajay Bhai has to say....
Old 26th April 2007, 23:38   #503
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
...This may be a mental thing, but people say I am mental.
There are times where mono bass has sounded better than stereo and times when it is the other way around. Why? dont ask me. I just report what I hear.
Old 26th April 2007, 23:53   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
There are times where mono bass has sounded better than stereo and times when it is the other way around. Why? dont ask me. I just report what I hear.
more confusion......but anyway the amp can be switched to mono and stereo mode......but the hard wired way is more accurate than the pre-amp one......so what do I do......Like KB ka DB stereo or mono.....
Old 26th April 2007, 23:53   #505
Senior - BHPian

Guys..!! We Frreeeedabad ppl had a mini tbhp meet today evening ....!!!

Anshuman was in town for some ICE work so LBM did the coordination work to call up Zucherro n i reached there with two other members RoadAssassin & Dom palio 04.....

I reach there i see two Accents on which ICE work is going of which one belonged to Anshuman with two Subs of LBM's which he had earlier on his Swift.....So i just peek into all the ICE stuff, to my surprise the other accent also has LBM's used amps...Both Accents recorded a reading of 104 n 105 dB..

Then it was LBM's Ultra BASS show time....

The setup is INSANELY loud......If u sit in the front air from the Subs behind will hit your ears from behind ....Its impossible to hear a complete song at that volume.....It was thundering even standing 20m from the car.....Sitting in the rear is the best way of becoming deaf with a free air blower for your head...

Soon we had lots of ppl interested in having a peek.....For which LBM found a solution by making them sit in the back seat with a child lock.....Double Trouble

PS: LBM Pardon me for that Trumpet thingie

LBM with a Decibel meter

Last edited by kpzen : 26th April 2007 at 23:56.
Old 27th April 2007, 00:11   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Soon we had lots of ppl interested in having a peek.....For which LBM found a solution by making them sit in the back seat with a child lock.....Double Trouble
Thanks KP......(Kevin Prasad Zen wala).....It was fun today evening....the child lock has many uses.....it happen like this....A guy came to listen to my setup and I was not interested in showing so I thought of a plan....I enabled the child lock so that no one can open the door from inside....and then played the music at full blast.............the person on the back seat was begging to let him out of the car...............he came out rubbing his ears........

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 27th April 2007 at 00:12.
Old 27th April 2007, 00:17   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
........the person on the back seat was begging to let him out of the car...............he came out rubbing his ears........
I'm sure u he'll never ask for an ICE demo from any surd in his life........

Last edited by kpzen : 27th April 2007 at 00:20.
Old 27th April 2007, 00:20   #508
BHPian

Boom With Style!!!

yeah the minimeet was a nice option to choose rater than sitting at home
sipping some cooldrink.....
anyways the moment i heard that lbm was there,i did not thought for a second longer......as for i had heard about his new ice... i wanted to get a
nice ear to them(Which i think there is a little whistle sound in my ear)
as for i lisened to the anshuman's ice(dude do something about the shattering noise) and the other accent both were nearly killing my ears.....

as when lbm said "ab meri gaddi di baari".. everyone was silenced and thrilled.. the moment he palyed the song every one just went ...........
fo almost what say atleast 10 seconds...
i was nearly deaf at that moment talking to the other guy besides me litrelly shouting at him....
everyone was getting in lbm's car one by one as a polling booth...
the legs and all kinda bio stuff in everyones body was doing disco dance...
all the bhoopchik bhoopchik made everyones face go .....
it was a really worth minimeet...
booom on lbm..........
godspeed...

Last edited by rOaD AsSaSin!! : 27th April 2007 at 00:22.
Old 27th April 2007, 00:32   #509
Senior - BHPian

One more reason for me not to visit Freeeeeeeeeeeeeedaaabaaaaddd, anytime soon!!!!!
Old 27th April 2007, 01:23   #510
BHPian

guys now its almost 4 hours since i heard ultra_low_bass_makkers new ice and i can still feel sumthing ITCHY in my ears.its insanely*2 loud.the db meter read 111db at a point and people from all walks of life started pouring to see those monsters perform.
for spl lovers this is pure heaven!!!!!
b&t bhai either you ask ultra_low_bass_makker to shift to some other place or take those monsters(steg) back to mumbai bcoz we(faridabadis) sure wants to live in peace!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks