Team-BHP - 2 Subs - Dual Mono or Stereo - "Kb ka dB"
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   2 Subs - Dual Mono or Stereo - "Kb ka dB" (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/13888-2-subs-dual-mono-stereo-kb-ka-db-13.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kb100

Okay next question for debate coming up!!!/...

Some high end HUs give the facility of switching off the internal amp.. How much of a difference to the SQ does this make... and WHY??

(...and before someone asks.. YES this is related to my install )

I switched off the int. amp few days after the install and difference was quite significant.

In Bambaiyya lingo, DB is Dance Bar, and I'm sure you don't want your car to sound anything like that. If you have trouble figuring out what a dance bar is, I think it's called "Live Band' in the parts you live around.

It also stands for Don Bosco, a school I went to, dabba baatli some people called it. Double Bass for guitar freaks.

The one I like most is "Dumb Blonde", pity you don't find them in these parts.

First of all a good SQ head unit will not have a amp inside it because in a sq unit the need of internal amp is not required at all........

for eg

Clarion -> http://www.cardomain.com/item/CLADRZ9255
Alpine->http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/product...model=DVI-9990
Pioneer->http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn..._34724,00.html

These are the some good SQ head unit. But switch off the internal amp would result in clear supply to the rest of the hu when the amp is not running and lesser heat genrated in the hu and also reduces the noise that comes from the behavior of internal amplifier

Any more details on the subject is welcome (for enhancement of knowledge purposes ONLY)

Next .. Question...

REAR FILL - YES/NO... why??

Quote:

REAR FILL - YES/NO... why??

Rear Fill - Maybe Yes/ Maybe No

Rear Stage - Always No

Rear Fill to create the impression of 'surround sound' - Blecchh!

More than a single pair of full range drivers for Rear Fill - Are you freakin deaf?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
More than a single pair of full range drivers for Rear Fill - Are you freakin deaf?

Would a TA aligned Front Comps + woofer in the boot set up sound wierd for rear seat passengers?

One 6.5 inch full range??.. or co -ax.. 2-way, or.. 3.. or 4?.. dunno saw one FIVE WAY SUPER-DUPER co-ax at a local store.. dint catch the name though!...

wonder what gets fed into the FIFTH channel?? ... any thoughts gentlemen?? (and ladies if any!)

Quote:

Rear Fill - Maybe Yes/ Maybe No

Rear Stage - Always No

Rear Fill to create the impression of 'surround sound' - Blecchh!

Totally agree, But wanna add

There is no rule that there should be a rear fill or not, It is up to the person who is gonna use it.

Quote:

Would a TA aligned Front Comps + woofer in the boot set up sound wierd for rear seat passengers?

KB, now I think you're getting down to kidding us. Based on the research you have been doing on the forum, and under the able guidance of JB and Gunbir, oops Sir JB and Sir Gunbir (I saw them recently knighted), I am itching to ask YOU a few questions. :) But I fear you'll sit on me.

If the setup is time-aligned for the front driver's seat, we all know it would sound out of sync for the guy in the front passenger seat. Likewise, for the guy behind the driver, in such a scenario, the experience would be better than for the guy behind the passenger seat. The sub would appear to integrate with the rears as much as they would for the driver, while for the co-passenger it would sound a bit advanced.

Quote:

One 6.5 inch full range??.. or co -ax.. 2-way, or.. 3.. or 4?.. dunno saw one FIVE WAY SUPER-DUPER co-ax at a local store.. dint catch the name though!
Good 2-way coaxials do the job well. Go for the stock size, and avoid plugging in oversized speakers. (I can hear Sam say "Look who's talking, i just saw this idiot pop a pair of 8" comps in the front doors of a Palio").

Quote:

KB, now I think you're getting down to kidding us. Based on the research you have been doing on the forum, and under the able guidance of JB and Gunbir, oops Sir JB and Sir Gunbir (I saw them recently knighted), I am itching to ask YOU a few questions. :) But I fear you'll sit on me.

Buddy... I kid you not!!... I have barely taken my socks off.. let alone get my feet wet in audio-land.. and I am already BROKE!:mad: .. Dont think I am gonna get to the state you mention unless I get to a state where I get to experiment with other peoples money!

Quote:

If the setup is time-aligned for the front driver's seat, we all know it would sound out of sync for the guy in the front passenger seat. Likewise, for the guy behind the driver, in such a scenario, the experience would be better than for the guy behind the passenger seat. The sub would appear to integrate with the rears as much as they would for the driver, while for the co-passenger it would sound a bit advanced.

THEREFORE my question... Will rear fills EVER sound right for rear passengers with Boom boxes in the rear boot.... or is the view that its better than having none at all.,.

Quote:

THEREFORE my question... Will rear fills EVER sound right for rear passengers with Boom boxes in the rear boot.... or is the view that its better than having none at all.,.

can I confuse? What if you gonna be chauffeured? Then you would want better sound stage at rear and hence compos :D. right? So got my point?

Co-ax should be fine I guess.

OT! enthayalum nanenju; eni kulichu keyare!

kb pls translate this for others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas
OT! enthayalum nanenju; eni kulichu keyare!

kb pls translate this for others.

JK wants to give me a bath.. soap suds and all :D

My 2 cents on Rears (B&T and Sam - it's open season! you know what i mean)

1. It's nice to have them esp since they cost so little compared to the overall cost. You can always fade them out if you dont want to hear them.

2. a Pair of 6" 2way is adequate for anyone using a sub.

3. TA for the driver and everyone gets a wierd soundstage so unless you drive a lot alone TA for the the gear shift this way both the front pasengers get a decent stage and the rear passengers hear something resembling music

4. If you are chauffered a pair of Beyer Dynamic 880, AKG 701 or Senheisser HD600 (mated to a good headphone amp) etc will outperform most car audio systems esp if you consider the money spent. I use the 880 or HD555 or 560 Ovation mated to a BitHead depending on my mood and car being used. I wish I could afford a pair of 701 jsut to know how good they are.

5. Given how close your ears are to the speakers in a car a little ambience wont hurt esp on live music.

Okay... just thought i should clarify the rationale behind this question...

According to most of you the Internal amp should be shut down.. which means..

1. Forget the rears..
2. Plonk a co-ax in the rear - but keep the internal amp on and forget the SQ
3. Add another amp for the rear.. more spend on distribution blocks etc.. I have a Sony 222 and a PA 275 -the latter is class D.. ie dont know about the SQ there - or dump both and buy a fresh amp altogether - budget further rocks..

Pls Help!

Quote:

Okay... just thought i should clarify the rationale behind this question...

According to most of you the Internal amp should be shut down.. which means..

1. Forget the rears..
2. Plonk a co-ax in the rear - but keep the internal amp on and forget the SQ
3. Add another amp for the rear.. more spend on distribution blocks etc.. I have a Sony 222 and a PA 275 -the latter is class D.. ie dont know about the SQ there - or dump both and buy a fresh amp altogether - budget further rocks..

Pls Help!

Class T; not D. I jsut know taht when its used in a bridged more it gives you 260W rms. Heard it aint so great when in 2 channel mode ( heard = read in some post)

if you haev a decent 4 channel amp; why do you wanna use the HU's out to power teh rear?

edit: why couple of distribution box? you would need only one right?
the 222 specs

Is the Sony a 4 ch amp? in that case you can use it to power from and rear? If not you have 4 ch. of power (222 + 275) and 5 speakers...try this...use teh 222 for the front and see if you can use the 275 in "3 ch multi mode" mode for rear and sub. see page 8 of you 275 manual for details.