Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2006, 09:59   #46
Team-BHP Support

Gunbir, I use the 9835. Am pretty happy. Would love to have a bit less high end. I intend to correct that the next time my car is in the shop for the subwoofer install. Once I get that damn sub box.
Old 24th June 2006, 11:44   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Boys,

She was driving around too long with no damn music. Last night I called her over and I fit the deck in myself.

Oh boy what a rough time I had...It had been raining, so the road was mucky. I thought to myself "How difficult can this be?"
After all, all i had to do was connect the power, the acc, the ground, the pcon and the RCA out. Why not do it myself!!

She was also maha-thrilled. After making some jokes about calling picasso over to paint her house, we started.
She casually mentioned that the interior lights in her car werent working for a while now. Hmmm... Then there's the torch.. oh but that torch was my enemy.
Finally, I peeped in. Turns out the jackass who took my alpine out of her car, didn't tape up the wires. It was just as I feared. No 12V available.
But old sam didn't give up there. Took my dying flame of a torch, bent over in that damn esteem and started pulling out fuses. I must say, maruti must have hired some engineer to find out the most inconvenient location in the car. I had to rest my knees on the ground and contort my superior yoga-honed body.

The only issue was,I don't know any yoga and my body is honed only through regular coitus. Hence it was rather difficult.
Found the acc fuse blown. 15A, hallelujah, she had a spare.
Then found another blown fuse, holy excreta, no spare fuses. So, cut a piece of the clarion wiring harness and wrapped 2 strands around the fuse (you know the old, thook-lagake trick)
And voila!! Interior lights were on and we have 12V at the deck.

It was a pain to fit the HU. But worth every bit. Fired it up, played some talking heads and it was clean.
Generally entry HU's sound far too khassh khaassh trebley. (These are severely technical terms and far too complicated to be explained in the glossary section)
This one sounded clean and was built very very well. I realised immediately that the quality of the CDM was excellent the way it sucked in the CD right from the start. I have always like players that suck it in just when you insert the tip slightly inside, rather than shove it inside and hope that the player will suck it in.
(As you can see, I'm preparing for my weekend)

We both liked the sound immediately, it was nice, but well, we both realised it was not as good as the alpine 7XXX that i had fit in earlier. So boys, i am keeping the alpine, gonna hope for a changer someday.

But for the price, it was damn good. (lol, yes it was free)

Now@ speedzak, thank you for the point out to the marketplace for the alpine9843. Using my contacts it is possible for me to get a brand new one at a price not too far from the asking price

And now at all: Watch me rub my hands in glee as I embark on one of the most sinful weekends of my life. Not only have I got her the HU, not only have I fit it with my own bare hands in the mucky dark, but it is ALSO my janam-din tomorrow. (33, for all the curious ones)

Do not look for me tomorrow, O my brother, I shall be firmly ensconced in debauchery.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post. If you did, give yourself a little tickle on the gonads just for good measure.

Sam

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 24th June 2006 at 11:50.
Old 24th June 2006, 11:54   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Sam, count yourself lucky - you have some one who's got an ear for knopfler and the like.

And as I read your post, the cars are playing Drive ..

Have fun ...
Old 24th June 2006, 12:02   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Hello Boys,

She was driving around too long with no damn music. Last night I called her over and I fit the deck in myself.

Sam
What da Heeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllll?????????????????

OOOOOOOOhh ok ok ok! It's spelt with an E!! Fine!!!
Old 24th June 2006, 12:05   #50
Team-BHP Support

B&T, Sam... SZ is stealing your thunder! :-)
Old 24th June 2006, 12:06   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Bring it on boys

Out with the irreverence and irrelevance: remove all your frustrations and laugh it up!

Bring it on!! heh heh
Old 24th June 2006, 12:10   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
.... I have always like players that suck it in just when you insert the tip slightly inside, rather than shove it inside and hope that the player will suck it in....
Now I dont know if it is my dirty mind or Sam's but I had to read this part twice.
Old 24th June 2006, 12:21   #53
Senior - BHPian

All I'm reading is... "contort my superior yoga-honed body, tickle on the gonads, thook-lagake trick, khassh khaassh, hallelujah, janam-din" !!!!

Sam.. Have a great weekend, an even better Birthday and a may god bless you with the libido of a 1000 sex crazed monkeys...
Old 24th June 2006, 13:06   #54
BANNED

SAM is gonna have a birthday of his life!!! And you know How he's gonna be dressed for this auspicious event??

B I R T H S U I T ! ! !

BTW, happy birthday man! May the almighty shower you with more wisdom and healthy long life! Amen!!!!!!!!
Old 24th June 2006, 14:40   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And now at all: Watch me rub my hands in glee as I embark on one of the most sinful weekends of my life. Not only have I got her the HU, not only have I fit it with my own bare hands in the mucky dark, but it is ALSO my janam-din tomorrow. (33, for all the curious ones)

Do not look for me tomorrow, O my brother, I shall be firmly ensconced in debauchery.
I guess this answers the question you put up as the title of the thread !
Old 24th June 2006, 14:58   #56
BHPian

All the best Sam for ur 2nd 'install' in 2 days and wish u every weekend is like this weekend on ur b'day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam
not only have I fit it with my own bare hands in the mucky dark
Dont forget to wear 'gloves' this time.
Old 24th June 2006, 16:07   #57

hi sam happy birtday, i am bass & trouble's girlfriend (at the moment).

when will your recruitment drive for next girlfriend begin... do let me know... i need a car stereo for my car really bad.

kenwood/ clarion is also ok, i am not too picky. you can save the money it would otherwise cost you to get me an alpine and buy some good fragrances instead....for me, of course, I'm sure you smell quite good anyway. key is to keep underarms free of fur.

i also own a maruti 800 and we'll have no trouble finding the fuses. in fact it blows so often that i can remove the radio/ cigar fuse in pitch darkness, blindfolded, with one arm tied behind my back and the other juggling a glass of wine. bass & trouble told me that it's a healthy thing for fuses to blow, the blackened remnants of the fuse indicate how polluted the current in your car was getting and that's a method to excrete the waste from the lines. i find the explanation a bit fishy, please shed some light on this issue if you have a flashlight.

minimum 2 x 12"................. subs, unless you took that for something else, although 12" in other departments are also an added bonus. 6" to go in the front, and those oblongish 73-way speakers for the back.

bass & trouble told me that alpine etc no good, pioneer is best, so here i am stranded with some silly dolphins jumping on my screen. i want to strangle him for this, but he still owes me 350 bucks from last night where he pretended he left his wallet home and.... damnit my boyfriend just entered the room, oh crap, now he's dragging me away from the pc, m,faaaasacxzzvv )))))))))))nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

lkhfdkkkkkkooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo
Old 24th June 2006, 16:25   #58
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes&Truffles
hi sam happy birtday, i am bass & trouble's girlfriend (at the moment).

when will your recruitment drive for next girlfriend begin... do let me know... i need a car stereo for my car really bad.

kenwood/ clarion is also ok, i am not too picky. you can save the money it would otherwise cost you to get me an alpine and buy some good fragrances instead....for me, of course, I'm sure you smell quite good anyway. key is to keep underarms free of fur.

i also own a maruti 800 and we'll have no trouble finding the fuses. in fact it blows so often that i can remove the radio/ cigar fuse in pitch darkness, blindfolded, with one arm tied behind my back and the other juggling a glass of wine. bass & trouble told me that it's a healthy thing for fuses to blow, the blackened remnants of the fuse indicate how polluted the current in your car was getting and that's a method to excrete the waste from the lines. i find the explanation a bit fishy, please shed some light on this issue if you have a flashlight.

minimum 2 x 12"................. subs, unless you took that for something else, although 12" in other departments are also an added bonus. 6" to go in the front, and those oblongish 73-way speakers for the back.

bass & trouble told me that alpine etc no good, pioneer is best, so here i am stranded with some silly dolphins jumping on my screen. i want to strangle him for this, but he still owes me 350 bucks from last night where he pretended he left his wallet home and.... damnit my boyfriend just entered the room, oh crap, now he's dragging me away from the pc, m,faaaasacxzzvv )))))))))))nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

lkhfdkkkkkkooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo
HAHAHAHHAHAAHAH .. .. Sam bach ke rehna ...

Btw , enjoy ur weekend and do give us the goodnews about the goa trip soon .. OK ??!!
Old 24th June 2006, 18:09   #59
Senior - BHPian

Sam the man..

Happy Birth day.........
Old 24th June 2006, 19:01   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Mods, does this qualify for "A Collection of the Best Threads" category ?

Last edited by condor : 24th June 2006 at 19:02.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed