Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2006, 12:27   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Why oh why do we have girlfriends ?

OK guys, I need your help.

Here's the history and the sad story.

My girlfriend loves her car (esteem) and loves her ICE. (yeah yeah, there are girls that like stuff like that)

So initially i fit Blaupunkt GT coaxials in the rear (I had them lying around) a blaupunkt 10" bass tube and JBL power series 4" in the stock location. All run off the Blaupunkt GT4000 (is that the model number?) amp.I was in New Delhi and i got a great deal on a JVC HU and fit that in. She was happy but not that happy. Because it was all blaupunkt, not new and didn't sound that great.

Then one day i fit a JBL GTO1202D, a pair of JBL CS396 in the rear and CS 4" speakers in the stock,(oh the advantages of being the JBL chick) all being run off the Blaupunkt amp. It sounded much nicer to her, she prefers the in your face IB sub to the tube in the boot.

Then one day someone gifted me an alpine 9835. So i fit that in, along with a harman D+P in my lancer. That left me with my HU and changer from the lancer. I could have used the changer with my 9835 but then what would i d with the alpine7XXX i had??

So i removed the alpine 7XXX (Oh sweet honey HU) which was just a tape deck and the ai-net 6 MP3 cd changer (WOW!) i had bought for myself from singapore. (read:18000 bucks for the bloody changer) I fit these in her Esteem along with a pair of Infinity 6" reference components in the front (6" fit in the door with MDF rings)
Now she was bloody thrilled. Life was perfect. For ONE WEEK!!

Rain water got into the damn esteem and the CD changer (oh my life, my soul) got burnt to a crisp!! My service station says it's irrepairable. I have to throw it now.

Now for the issue at hand:
I need to get her a replacement HU. I am not willing to spend too much as my heart is still burning from what has happened.
I wanted to get the pioneer but the thing is: no matter what i say, she wont accept pioneer. This is because she has seen me scoff at pioneer (of the past, if i may add) and no matter what i say, she will think i'm conning her into buying a cheap pioneer.

Women

Anyways, preetam from bangalore is happy to give me an Alpine 9843 at a ridiculously good price (no i can't say what the price is). The same HU is much higher in Mumbai city.

Itna sab bol ke, i want to know this.
What is a good non-pioneer HU to get between 7 to 10K. Remember she has infinity components upfront and a bloody good ear to boot. AND she listens to freddy bloody fender and mark knopfler.

Oh what a dilemma.... oh what a situation.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 23rd June 2006 at 12:29.
Old 23rd June 2006, 12:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Then one day someone gifted me an alpine 9835.
SAM... You can be my SANTA anytime!!

Non Pio... uh.... You want to buy this locally .. B&W??
Old 23rd June 2006, 12:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Either GF or car

GF aur car ek saath rakhna nahi chahiye... ek ko hatha do...
u cannot throw ur baby, the car...
Throw away the girl friend...

Ya Ya !!! Now dont fume, I am telling, shaadi kar lo usse... make her wife from GF !!!
(then pioneer aur JBL dono ek hi lagenege)

Abhi
Old 23rd June 2006, 12:43   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy
I am telling, shaadi kar lo usse... make her wife from GF !!!
(then pioneer aur JBL dono ek hi lagenege)

Abhi
So what you are saying is, after marriage she wont know the difference? Arrey baap rey. Now that should give me the willies

@kb anything yaar, I dont want to spend too much. Just need a half decent non-pioneer MP3 HU with a line out and one that doesn't sound terrible, because after i marry her, I'll also be using her car
Old 23rd June 2006, 12:49   #5
Team-BHP Support

I understand your pain. My wife's car system is better tuned than mine. partly becuase I drive it more than I drive my own car and partly becuase she bugs me till it is "just right"

Oh the travails of being associated with an "audiophile" woman.

a) ask around for a used Alpine changer to replace your burnt one

b) what's wrong with the 9843. youd have to tone down the XO on the speakers to get the HF right though. Not difficult at all. BTW THe 9843 has only 1 preout. Will that suffice?

c) Get the Pio thing, Blind fold her and tell her to trust her years and not your ex-opinion! :-) Is not that what we recommend day-in, day-out on this forum?

d) Blau makes a model around 9K that I have seen make my friends happy (with JBL's CS series speakers). It has a big display that can change colours. I think it called the Monterey.
Old 23rd June 2006, 12:59   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I understand your pain. My wife's car system is better tuned than mine. partly becuase I drive it more than I drive my own car and partly becuase she bugs me till it is "just right"

Oh the travails of being associated with an "audiophile" woman.

a) ask around for a used Alpine changer to replace your burnt one

b) what's wrong with the 9843. youd have to tone down the XO on the speakers to get the HF right though. Not difficult at all. BTW THe 9843 has only 1 preout. Will that suffice?

c) Get the Pio thing, Blind fold her and tell her to trust her years and not your ex-opinion! :-) Is not that what we recommend day-in, day-out on this forum?

d) Blau makes a model around 9K that I have seen make my friends happy (with JBL's CS series speakers). It has a big display that can change colours. I think it called the Monterey.
a) I'm not able to get a used changer WITH mp3. Apparently it's very expensive and not too popular.

b) I dont have the time to tone down the XO baba. One pre out will suffice yes. The original JVC she had, had only one pre-out and the car was wired thus.

c) She wont accept a pioneer. I can blindfold her and sing hallelujah in her sweet smelling ear till the cows come home. Farah will never accept the pioneer. She hates it.

d) She now hates blaupukt a little more than she hates pioneer.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 23rd June 2006 at 13:03.
Old 23rd June 2006, 13:03   #7
BANNED

Stick an Alpine badge on a Pioneer HU and give it to her.
Old 23rd June 2006, 13:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

If i remember right, there's a gr8 Kenwood Hu at 13k or so.
9843 had just one preamp out right? So you knw, worth?

edit: ok, you will buy a one pre-amp out.

"Get the Pio thing, Blind fold her and tell her to trust her years and not your ex-opinion! :-) Is not that what we recommend day-in, day-out on this forum?" thats ears

and now we know her name

Last edited by jkdas : 23rd June 2006 at 13:19.
Old 23rd June 2006, 13:07   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Alpine logo on a pioneer deck....

Actually I had conned her once. See she loves JBL and is very proud of what i do.

So when i had put Blaupunkt GT coaxials in the rear, I had put a JBL GTO636e grill on it. She was ekdum thrilled. Told everyone I had put a full JBL system for her.

Then one day, a few months later she opened the grill to clean the speaker and saw the tweeter inside with the blaupunkt logo and the blue dot.

How i suffered after that, O my brothers....
Old 23rd June 2006, 13:15   #10
BHPian

Dude,check this site.....

I recently fitted a Kenwood HU (the high-end one with Ipod compatibility , USB etc)...I listened to demos of almost all HU and I liked this one....

http://www.kenwood-electronics.com.m...t.asp?catid=48
Old 23rd June 2006, 13:16   #11
Team-BHP Support

No Alpine, No Blaupunkt, No Pioneer, that leaves Sony, Clarion, JVC and Kenwood.

Kenwood 589, Sony GT500, Clarion 655, JVC 720, Kenwood 5032/33, Sony GT400, Kenwood 4032/33.

Last edited by navin : 23rd June 2006 at 13:29.
Old 23rd June 2006, 13:23   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi

b) I dont have the time to tone down the XO baba. .
you forget
a) I have worked on the Infinty components and use them with my wife's 9833.
b) if you can give me a couple of XOs to modify I'll do it then replace her existing XOs with the modified ones.
Old 23rd June 2006, 13:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
No Alpine, No Blaupunkt, No Pioneer, that leaves Sony, Clarion, JVC and Kenwood.

Kenwood 589, Sony GT500, Clarion 655, JVC 720, Kenwood 5032/33, Sony GT400, Kenwood 4032/33.
So thats the condition.

and one pre-amp out will do and a budget of 10k max. Right?

Last edited by navin : 23rd June 2006 at 13:29.
Old 23rd June 2006, 13:29   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy
GF aur car ek saath rakhna nahi chahiye... ek ko hatha do...
u cannot throw ur baby, the car...
Throw away the girl friend...
yaar, Sam, kya aisa ho sakta hai ki uske gaadi ko hata sakte ho ? You could build the ICE in your car, and she could end up spending more time with you in your car ?

OTLS,
Q: How did you meet your expenses ?
A: My GF introduced them to me !!
Old 23rd June 2006, 13:33   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

How is the clarion DB356?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks