Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2008, 21:23   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
I read in few earlier threads,Fitting an extra battery to the ICE.Can someone please explain whether it is mandatory to fix another battery.Also how do you connect the second battery.Please throw some light on this topic
It aint so simple

2 batteries mean upgrading the alternator and inserting a dual battery isolator.
Old 17th September 2008, 23:31   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
It aint so simple

2 batteries mean upgrading the alternator and inserting a dual battery isolator.
Exactly. You see your amplifier gets power from battery....better the charging of the battery, better juice your amplifier can get.

Putting an extra batters requires you to upgrade your charging system, which would in-turn require you to upgrade your alternator.

Now i have had a real tough time in mumbai to find someone to upgrade my alternator....and still not found anyone.

Moreover, you need to tell us the reason for putting a extra battery. I have my DD mono amp outputting 2700 watts RMS at 1 ohms and its doing fine on the stock electrical.

Best you can do it to get a new heavy duty battery if u feel so.
Old 18th September 2008, 11:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_sound View Post
Now i have had a real tough time in mumbai to find someone to upgrade my alternator....and still not found anyone.
Hmm that bugger is hard to find. I am still searching it for more than 2 years now, but you can try the wire upgrade maybe it might help.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...much-load.html

PS:- My first thread on T-BHP but guys I was not disappointed.
Old 18th September 2008, 12:07   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_sound View Post
Now i have had a real tough time in mumbai to find someone to upgrade my alternator....and still not found anyone..
try Pai electricals in Santa Cruz west. He did a good job on my wife's Corsa radiator. he is very close to juhu garden.
Old 18th September 2008, 14:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
I read in few earlier threads,Fitting an extra battery to the ICE.Can someone please explain whether it is mandatory to fix another battery.Also how do you connect the second battery.Please throw some light on this topic
What setup do have in your car? Only if there's a huge amp setup with multiple subs, requires Dual battery.Or if you want to play music when the car is not turned ON, And there's a drain on the battery due to the setup.

Last edited by dinar : 18th September 2008 at 14:31.
Old 19th September 2008, 13:39   #36
BHPian

Amps

I am running a 444 explod amp,Jbl 601 mono amp,2 nos 15" JBL subs and JBL comps
Old 20th September 2008, 10:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

looking at your setup, I do not think you will require a additional battery, unless you want to run the system for long with the engine turned off.
Also, if you really think/want to put a battery, you will need to put a switch to toggle between batteries , for charging as well as using them individually. or else you'll need to upgrade the alternator to charge two batteries [which I think is not advisable].
You can place the new battery in the trunk, and wire it up. There are some electronic switches available on the net for running this setup. I do not know about Indian make if any.Your warranty will be Void if you do this modification though.
Old 20th September 2008, 18:29   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
try Pai electricals in Santa Cruz west. He did a good job on my wife's Corsa radiator. he is very close to juhu garden.
Navinji,

I think you meant alternator. :-) right?

cheers
Old 20th September 2008, 23:17   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
Navinji,

I think you meant alternator. :-) right?

cheers
sorry. Like I said I am senile, very senile thanks for catching that gaffe.
Old 15th June 2014, 20:45   #40

Re: ICE & Battery / Power issues

Hi folks

I am using a basic ICE setup

JBL GTX646 (4 channel) 75W @4Ohms (Hertz DSK165.3 + Hertz DCX165.3)
JBL GTO 501-EZ (Monoblock) 500W @2Ohms (JBL GT52402BR: Duel 12" Enclosure)

Plus

P8 55W HID Kit (Bi-Xenon Headlamps)
p8 55W HID Kit (Fog Lamps)

I have been using the ICE for almost an year now with no issues however i upgraded to the HID's a month back but there have been no issues till 3 days back.

Its a 1.6 CRDI AT auto transmission with a stock Excide 65Ah battery running all of the above and has lasted me for 20 months. 2 days back i had issues while cranking the car. Since it's a smart key push button start, i hit the button and the car started to struggle after being idle for 14 hours and it returned to ignition off, tried again and it cranked up after 5-6 seconds of struggle and the problem still persists.

Went up to an Excide dealer who checked and told me the battery needs replacement all because of the ICE & HID's. I asked him to put a higher Ah battery this time but he said there was not enough space under the hood and the replacement battery would be exactly the same model as the OE battery. Excide Dealer Quoted me INR 6600 after discount and old battery buy back.
Warranty 24 Months replacement

Went up to Amaron Pitstop and after checking the battery again told me that it needs replacement and again because of the same reason. Even he told me that a higher Ah battery was not possible and the best option here would be Amaron GO 65Ah. Price 4700 after discount and buy back. Warranty 18 Months replacement + 18 Months (old battery buy back guarantee where i have to pay a certain amount for the new one).

Both of them told me that a double battery setup is not possible because the alternator would be overloaded. Also both of them had no idea what the Big 3 upgrade was and even after explaining them what it was, they look confused because they had never heard of it before.

Folks i need help

I need to get this issue resolved ASAP before my battery gives up refuses to crank up the car, its an AT so i can't even push and start in case i need the car in an emergency

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks