Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2009, 20:24   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzkid_ram View Post
guys can u tell me where is TEKNOCRAT located exactly in chennai & i heard about HAUTE CAR ZONE in Old mahabalipuram road in chennai..how are their services and their product costs...are they reasonable..did anyone had a visit???
Hi mate!
TECNOKRAT is on Nelsonmannikam road, opp an Indian oil bunk, Its a small black gate, drive up to the gate and honk, they will open up !

Great place to get your install done, very neat and professional IMO !
Cheers!
Old 4th February 2009, 14:18   #92
BHPian

^^^ thnx for your reply buddy...
Old 4th February 2009, 17:31   #93
BHPian

TECNOKRAT is on NMR, they are way too expensive.
But neat proff approach, all biggies Cars are seen there!!
Old 4th February 2009, 17:40   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionSwords View Post
TECNOKRAT is on NMR, they are way too expensive.
But neat proff approach, all biggies Cars are seen there!!
Neat professional install = good money. You cannot compromise if you need a clean install.
Old 12th February 2009, 04:51   #95

IMO, I've had several of my cars done by charles and the problem with his installs are that he needs to drill holes and make moldings and whatnot. So when it comes time to sell the car you need to source door panels and also he's a bit expensive.

Bala from Teknocrat and Charles also don't seem to provide adequate space for subwoofers. By adequate space I mean enclosure size. There is a size of enclosure that is recommended by the manufacturer of the sub that should be followed so that there are no problems in the long run.

The best that I have found is Speed Freaks in Anna Nagar. It's close to the Yesesi Super Market.

But anyway, in my opinion Speed Freaks is the best I've come across in Chennai.
Old 25th August 2009, 18:28   #96
BANNED

Jbl

Where can I get JBL speakers in chennai ?. I tried two or three shops discussed in this thread, but they don't seems to stock it.
Old 11th November 2009, 14:11   #97
BHPian

Guys,
I heard about this "Sound Xtreme Car accessories shop in Adyar. Its close to my place, hence thinking about heading to the shop for my ICE install. Any feedback ?????
Old 13th November 2009, 16:37   #98
BHPian

So who is the very best one in chennai for installing & damping and wiring etcetera.
Old 18th November 2009, 20:55   #99
BHPian

It's quite amazing that after reading all the post am none the wiser. No price details either anywhere.Ok, guys..here is the deal. There are 2 types of requirements - for audiophiles and for non audiophiles. For pure audiophiles, who have unlimited budget, am sure they will know from where to get the job done!!For people like me who just need a timepass audio system, where to get the job done in the what-u-pay-is-what-you-get manner? I mean, the guys doing this job should atleast know what wire to use, does not screw the batteries/fuses etc/generally does not end in messing up my car?I have a 2003 Ford Ikon Nxt..planning to upgrade to Fiat Linea but holding on till the auto expo in Jan to see if any more powerfull engine is launched or not with Linea.Till that time, I want to either exchange or upgrade my current Sony Xplod Series CD+FM only system (4 speakers + 2 twitters) to a newer system which can play mp3 via usb or my iphone/ipod. Where can this be done? Or do you think, one of those Chinese USB-to-FM converter will do the job? Once I purchased one such item from Burma Bazaar (a usb pendrive can be connected to this, which then broadcasts to a particular FM band...the stereo can then be tuned to that F frequency and played over the speakers). But for some reason, the fuse started getting blown everytime this thing was connected to the 12V DC power supply. Got fed up..did not check if this piece was faulty or my 12V DC. Have never used since? Any idea where I can purchase this sort of a branded/good quality system?Thanks a ton.
Old 19th November 2009, 11:49   #100
Team-BHP Support

Sanjay,

you will have to ask the ICEers from Chennai. They should be able to tell you where they got their cars ICEd.
Old 19th November 2009, 12:54   #101
Senior - BHPian

sanjayc, where do you stay ?

In Anna Nagar, I can recommend Jeewajee for normal installs, in G.P. Road, Mahavir does a decent job. I recently got a friend a Panasonic HU with USB for around 5k.
Old 19th November 2009, 13:10   #102
BHPian

Guys, i recently went to GP road, and with the heave rains and water clogged on the roads, felt like coming back home. Also they must have a dedicated space for the installs. Most of them in GP road, do it by the road side

There is one premium ICE installer Haute car zone in OMR. Lovely place. But tad expensive. Your choice!!!!
Old 19th November 2009, 13:42   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Guys, i recently went to GP road, and with the heave rains and water clogged on the roads, felt like coming back home. Also they must have a dedicated space for the installs. Most of them in GP road, do it by the road side

There is one premium ICE installer Haute car zone in OMR. Lovely place. But tad expensive. Your choice!!!!
I dont mind they being expensive, but they should atleast know the details of products they sell.
I would say pathetic, on their knowledge about ICE. No better than road side fellas in G.P road.

Mahavir is good, so is Jawahar audio (opp shop to Mahavir) - atleast they talk some sense

But for High end audio/customised installs, Tecnokrat is the best...atleast of what i know in Chennai
Old 19th November 2009, 13:43   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
But for High end audio/customised installs, Tecnokrat is the best...atleast of what i know in Chennai
There is also Charles, i forgot the name of his place.
Old 19th November 2009, 14:10   #105
Senior - BHPian

Jeewajee in Annanagar does a fairly professional job on regular HU+comps+amps+sub installs. The car does not have to stand on the road either. Like others have said before, Technokrat is the place to go for high end installs. A couple of my friends who installed 1 lac+ ICE at Technokrat were highly satisfied with the results. Avoid Radio Warehouse. They are a bunch of arrogant nincompoops.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks