Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2009, 14:59   #106
Senior - BHPian

^^
Absolutely, Radio Ware house thinks customers are beggers, the manner in which they reply, the attitude they show when you tell them a suggestion. I really wonder how they're still running..when 'ensuring customer satifaction' seems to be the sole criteria for business survival today
Old 20th November 2009, 15:28   #107
BHPian

Thanks guys for the leads. I live in Ashok Nagar/Vadapalani area.

Will check out Mahavir and Jewajee during the weekend.
Old 20th November 2009, 21:17   #108

Hey dude,

Jeewajee was good. But I know they have lost a couple of experienced technicians working with them and the guys with them are very new. Pls check before you go.
Old 22nd November 2009, 19:28   #109
BHPian

pls any one give the address or contact no. of Jeewajee, Sanjay did u check with both jeewa & Mahavir what's is ur opinion i too live near ashok nagar chennai.
Old 23rd November 2009, 11:05   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollupic View Post
Hey dude,

Jeewajee was good. But I know they have lost a couple of experienced technicians working with them and the guys with them are very new. Pls check before you go.

Jeewajee, Anna Nagar is ok for basic to medium installs, but even here a few screws are forgotten to put back. So personal supervision is must. He is also a bit pricey since he is situated in 2nd Avenue, Anna Nagar. If anyone wants a reference & phone number, PM me.
Old 23rd November 2009, 14:25   #111
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Here is an update on my ICE installation.

Was driving down OMR towards Siruseri IT park on Saturday when I noticed Haute Car Zone showroom, opposite to eZone. Since funnyguru has mentioned the same, decided to have a look in.

Showroom is big and has 2 floors. It includes a very neat and large covered area for installation at the back of the showroom as well a large walk-in/parking area in the front..saw some 15 cars standing in the installation zone and some 5 cars getting ICE/sunfilm etc installed.

The ground floor of the showroom has all sorts of accessories/maintenance related stuff on display and it will take at least an hour to browse thru all items. Unfortunately, most of the accessories are chinese/malaysia/taiwan imported and hence the labels/instructions/directions for use are mostly unreadable.

1st floor has the audio/video demo area with all kinds of branded/non-branded items.

Since I already have factory-fitted 4-speaker setup (1.3 Nxt Finesse Limited Edition), I had to only install the HU and no speaker wiring was required. I also had 2 twitters installed at the time of taking delivery of the car in 2003.

After seeing various models, I decided to have the Pioneer DVH-3190UB HU (includes DVD,Divx,USB,AUX Audio In/MP3 DEH-3190UB)

Also, I selected Necvox 9-inch to be installed.

Total cost for Pioneer+Necvox came to appx 23K, including labour charges.

That ends the good part. Now for the bad.

Sales people are totally clueless and until you personally have a very good idea what needs to be done, I found their guidance/advise unreliable and sometimes contradictory.

They charge on the MRP/Sticker price which are on the higher side. For example, the necvox screen has 12390/- as MRP printed on the box and they are charging the same price. While they readily acknowledge that outside it can be purchased much cheaper, the justification given for the high price is that even after warranty is over, they will do the servicing!! Apart from the item price, separate labour charges are also added.

All said and done, seems like if your primary needs are to get all sorts of jobs done under one-roof with A/c comfort, this is the place to be. Also, for items like exterior/interior cleaning, waxing solutions/sponges/mitts/perfume/leds/stickers and other stuffs, this is a nice place to choose, though am sure the cost will be 20-25% on the higher side.

On the installation front, guys doing the job seems to be on the knowledgeable (better than average) and customize the work based on your inputs. Though be prepared to pay even for an extra screw!

On a sidenote, let me point out that I am extremely ashamed for not being fluent in the local language (Tamil) and hence some of my opinions might be a tad too harsh because of communication issues.

For example, the roof-mounted Necvox lcd has 2 video inputs..I wanted to have it installed in such a way so that 1 input will be from the Pioneer HU and the for the other input, an extension should be provided in the glove box, so that I can connect my Western Digital HD-Media Player or my laptop of Iphone/Ipod. I had a tough time explaining that and finally they got it. However, they wanted to charge 1000/- extra for the same which included a long video cable cost. I finally decided against the same since anyway I may transfer this LCD in the Linea which I plan to purchase soon. Another option is to do own DIY by opening the roof mount..will give it a shot some time later.

Cheers!
Old 27th November 2009, 15:19   #112
BHPian

Has anybody tried Watts & Sound? This place is run by Mark & Jay who seem to be quite knowledgeable abt what they do. They specialize in car audio and home theatres. They are located near govt eye hospital in egmore. Though the place is up & running for sometime now, it’s yet to be opened officially
Old 27th November 2009, 17:09   #113
BHPian

Sanjayc,
Did you get to meet James- he is the business head for Car zone. He is a knowledgable guy, however the Executives are less knowledgable ones. Hope you ICE'd the car under James' supervision.
Old 28th November 2009, 00:13   #114

Hi,

In Chennai, has anyone tried "Carsense" which is located at KK Nagar ? I spoke to them on the telephone regarding ICEing my i10 and the person who I spoke to came across as quite knowledeable. I got to know them through the PIONEER service centre at Ekkaduthaangal.

I have not yet done my install there but the prices sound quite ok and I plan to do my install at their place.

Anyone familiar with the place ?
Old 28th November 2009, 06:39   #115
BHPian

@funnyguru, I did not ask for his name, but yeah, there was this senior guy who was called up by the technicians because of the language/communication gap between myself and the technicians. This senior guy also had his personal Swift Dzire-fully loaded with all sorts of intrumentions/leds and what not... in the installation area for live demo to customers like us.
Old 1st December 2009, 14:41   #116
BHPian

Yeah, he must be the guy, he is working on getting Pete's install at his workshop as well. To my knowldge he has got a Swift ICED completely.
Old 15th December 2009, 15:16   #117
BHPian

Hey folks.
Another ICE installer who caught my eyes, Edge car studio in Nandanam. Has anyone been there, ICE'd the car. Any suggestions. The website is also very appealing however wanted to know the real fact. Tried calling the guy, not reachable.
Old 15th December 2009, 17:13   #118
BHPian

I just zeroed in on a humble installer by the name Mark. His dad owned the Craftel brand of stereo systems and he has now taken over it. I am getting Santro ICED by him. Will post a deatiled report soon.

Hope its worth it.

Components:
MB Quart 4 chn Amp, Fosgate Compnents and Sub, Scosche E2 wiring kit, rear will be a regular speaker. HU is a Pana.
Old 15th December 2009, 18:40   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
I just zeroed in on a humble installer by the name Mark. His dad owned the Craftel brand of stereo systems and he has now taken over it. I am getting Santro ICED by him. Will post a deatiled report soon.

Hope its worth it.

Components:
MB Quart 4 chn Amp, Fosgate Compnents and Sub, Scosche E2 wiring kit, rear will be a regular speaker. HU is a Pana.
can you quote the individual prices ?
Old 23rd December 2009, 21:44   #120
BHPian

Hi All,

Can anyone suggest me a ICE installer who can provide me EMI based deal in Chennai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks