Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2008, 13:14   #76
BHPian

Radiowarehouse Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt7 View Post
You are right but then again looking at Chennai market i think he earns right to be that way!!! I have been trying to chase other folks. GP Road / Burma Bazaar can not be trusted. Others I heard are mediocre. I have been trying to chase SoundWorks folks but who seems to be busier than Barack Obama - called up thrice to come meet and check out - but I guess they have got enough business to go - they always dillidally - come tomorrow - come in the evening!!!

Phew. Anyone other good folks that you know of in chennai?
pt7, Can you check at Radiowarehouse chennai (On the wallajah road,Near to Mount road) I have done my ICE for my swift there 1.5 month back.
Old 3rd July 2008, 17:33   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga_SwiSan View Post
pt7, Can you check at Radiowarehouse chennai (On the wallajah road,Near to Mount road) I have done my ICE for my swift there 1.5 month back.
It is ok for a normal HU+4 speaker install. But for sub/amp installation avoid Radiowarehouse at all costs!!!
Old 3rd July 2008, 18:55   #78
pt7
BHPian

Previous experince?

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
It is ok for a normal HU+4 speaker install. But for sub/amp installation avoid Radiowarehouse at all costs!!!
Why would that be? Did someone on the forum did not have a good experience with them?
Old 3rd July 2008, 20:40   #79
Senior - BHPian

Radio ware house is no different from the GP road fellas.
They're purely commercial.
Stick to knowledgeable guys for amplified jobs. Install makes a lot of difference.
Old 3rd July 2008, 22:31   #80

Hi all

This is Ganesh. New to carwale.
Got my zen fitted with sony CD/MP3 HU in GP road on june2005.
Now got my Tavera fixed with
JVC KD-DV7406 DVD/USB HU
JBL KT5-A402 amp
and JBL CS series 12" SUB in GP road.
Now I find the amp under-rated for the SUB and was advised by few of our BHPians to upgrade it.
I find the authorised dealers charging sky high. I m More concerned about what I get for what I pay.
Can anybody suggest where to upgrade in chennai with address.
I like to trial out the performance before I buy anything.
I will also be trading the KT5-a402 amp, can anybody guide me on how much should I sell it for...?
and what amp should I be looking for the CS series SUB to perform the lower end frequencies (say below 65hz)...?
Please help...
Old 4th July 2008, 12:13   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Why would that be? Did someone on the forum did not have a good experience with them?
As nitrous said, they are commercial but dealers of many products.I got my swift ICEd a month back from them.Atleast we can trust for originality from them with B&W.You need to bargain hard to reduce arnd 2K straight price reduction from their quoted price.

But install wise, i am happy..(Fixed only Blaupunkt MP3Player/Blau Front Compos/Blau Rear Coax speakers) and happy with performance.

Nothing wrong in visiting and checking the same stuff with them..and observe their way of installing the sub/amps sometime there because installation makes a difference (I installed the compos tweeter at 'B' Pillar for the swift)

Last edited by Naga_SwiSan : 4th July 2008 at 12:32.
Old 4th July 2008, 13:10   #82
BHPian

Adding to my previous post, Beware of GP Road products as most of pioneer stuff is duplicate and is really difficult to find the difference unless we know inperson.

So better to stick with Genuine Dealers with originals and right installation skills as we spend huge money in ICE starting from 10K till a lakh.
Old 4th July 2008, 14:23   #83
pt7
BHPian

RWHs

Thanks Naga_SwiSan for inputs.

Do you by any chance know what all brands do they stock? I am in particular looking for PIo / Alpine for HU and would look for 4 inch component (Illusion / Any other) etc from them.

Seems i should check them out anyway - where are they located exactly?
Old 4th July 2008, 16:00   #84
BHPian

pt7, i know they are authorised dealer for Blaupunkt.Check with others for alpine and pioneer.
It is in wallajah road(After crossing spencer plaza and Tarapur towers,go straight and turn right in the signal which goes to triplicane.You will find in the opposite direction of the road)
Old 4th July 2008, 16:52   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga_SwiSan View Post
Adding to my previous post, Beware of GP Road products as most of pioneer stuff is duplicate and is really difficult to find the difference unless we know inperson.

So better to stick with Genuine Dealers with originals and right installation skills as we spend huge money in ICE starting from 10K till a lakh.
As far as pioneer is concerned, you can never be sure if you are buying the real deal since officially pioneer is still not available here.

Quote:
Thanks Naga_SwiSan for inputs.

Do you by any chance know what all brands do they stock? I am in particular looking for PIo / Alpine for HU and would look for 4 inch component (Illusion / Any other) etc from them.

Seems i should check them out anyway - where are they located exactly?
dont think you will find many 4" components. which car is this for ?
Old 4th July 2008, 17:17   #86
oss
BHPian

Hi,
Can anyone from Chennai advice me on a good shop to fit genuine leather seats. How much would it cost to fit Stanley leather on Honda City?
Cheers,
Old 4th July 2008, 18:00   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Hi,
Can anyone from Chennai advice me on a good shop to fit genuine leather seats. How much would it cost to fit Stanley leather on Honda City?
Cheers,

theres a stanley showroom / botique at kadar nawaz khan road you can check there
Old 4th July 2008, 18:31   #88
pt7
BHPian

How to identify Genuine Pioneer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
As far as pioneer is concerned, you can never be sure if you are buying the real deal since officially pioneer is still not available here.

dont think you will find many 4" components. which car is this for ?
Q1: Surprising considering these guys are supposed to be 'distributors' of pioneer and pioneer-india even has a website. If we cant tell for sure for Pioneer - what about Alpine - which does not have any distributors?

Q2: Rather Real question from me is - I am about to buy a pioneer 6050 - which so far everyone has quoted 8.5 without B&W - no one has quoted me a price with Bill - meaning its not available through official channel - and in such a case - how do i figure out whether the stuff is genuine or not???

>> 4 inch comps are for my Wagon R - front Dash stock
Old 4th July 2008, 19:49   #89
Senior - BHPian

Pioneer is officially marketed in India by Autocop .
Having spoken to the marketing director at the Auto expo earlier this year,They seem to have no interest in getting aggressive and proactive.

Usually, Pioneer HUs can't be functionally remade.
I've come across duplicate pioneer speakers. Duplicate HUs dont exist unless they're the "Pianer" made in Delhi/cheapo chinese stuff that sell for 800-1000 bucks.
Old 27th January 2009, 11:43   #90
BHPian

guys can u tell me where is TEKNOCRAT located exactly in chennai & i heard about HAUTE CAR ZONE in Old mahabalipuram road in chennai..how are their services and their product costs...are they reasonable..did anyone had a visit???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks