Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2006, 00:21   #16
BHPian

Great as long as it is in the plans. Don't forget to isolate the midrange from the midbass driver.

As far as the subs are concerned go for 2 X ES250D's running on SRx 2S pumping in 300W X 2 in 2 ohm load.

Last edited by Autophile : 29th December 2006 at 00:24.
Old 29th December 2006, 00:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Don't forget to isolate the midrange from the midbass driver
I have asked for this to be done. What would be a nice way of doing this? Since the mid-bass and the midrange are essentially in the same chamber (the door) I'm not sure how this is going to be done. Would damping over the rear part of the midrange (over the magnet) be a good way? (I don't think so personally, but is this an ok way?)

Or should I have an MDF cup-like thing made (with an MDF ring and a flat top sealing one end) and fixed over the back of the midrange, with a 1/2 cm or so between the mid's magnet & the inner part of the "cup"?

Last edited by hydrashok : 29th December 2006 at 00:52.
Old 29th December 2006, 00:52   #18
BHPian

Just seal the door completely so that Midbass uses door as sealed enclosure, In which case automatically your midrange will get isolated. This can be done using thin cardboard (to cover big holes in the door) and damping material.
Old 29th December 2006, 00:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Gotcha! Is this what you mean:
Seal all the openings in the door with damping material except the opening for the mid-bass. That way, because the midrange is outside the sealed door, and because the rear-wave of the mid-bass goes into the sealed portion of the door, the mid-bass won't be affected.

Am I right?. If so great, :-) as this is easier to get done. And I think this is what Zuheimi is doing.
Old 29th December 2006, 08:31   #20
BHPian

Hey Hydra...
Quite a major upgrade Huh!!...Well am sure those 3 ways are gonna sound sweet.......THat too with with al that damping...ITs just goin to rock...and hydra ..Once done with damping work..just let me knw how many sheets were used...Just for the door that is....cause one of my frined is plannin some damping in his palio....waitin for more pics bro...
rgrds,
angelfire
Old 29th December 2006, 10:18   #21
BHPian

Yes absolutely..thats what needs to be done.
Old 29th December 2006, 11:34   #22
BHPian

wow....seems to be another mega install g'on!!
Good going hydra,keep it up.
Old 29th December 2006, 11:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

@angelfire, thanks! I will let you know about how many sheets were needed for the door tomorrow evening. I will also have pics of the damping done in the the door by tonight.

@JB, thanks for the confirmation. :-) I'll make sure it happens this way.

@RSJ, thanks :-) Miss seeing you on the forum nowadays.

Last edited by hydrashok : 29th December 2006 at 11:42.
Old 29th December 2006, 11:57   #24
Team-BHP Support

I once tried to make door panels (for my Opel Astra) using fiberglass, leather and foam but the result was so ugly that I went with the originals. Making door panels is tougher than it looks. This Zuheimi guys is an aritisian if he can do this in 90 minutes. I took 2-3 days and gave up.

Also dont try to damp the roofs of cars with sunroofs.

Last edited by navin : 29th December 2006 at 12:02.
Old 29th December 2006, 17:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

are you cutting the door to make way for the midrange or is that gap sufficient ?
Old 29th December 2006, 21:43   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent Hydra. You have my compliments on a good car audio upgrade. Do let us know if your are satisfied with the sound.
Old 29th December 2006, 23:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

@esteemlover, the midrange is actually in an angled spacer on the new door panel. The combined thickness of the new doorpanel & the spacer make sure that the midrange does not even touch the inner door panel. The midbass is also on a spacer, and so only a little protrudes into the door inner. So no problem with the gap. No cutting-shutting :-)

@sam, thanks :-) I will post a detailed review tomorrow night (will get the car tomorrow evening).

More pics from today's work coming up.
Old 29th December 2006, 23:42   #28
BHPian

ugh!!!

This is one of the decent and best install I've seen..... Will come and see the install tomorrow dude.... at what time are you planning to be there 2mrw afternoon??!!
chall... double cheers for the install..!!
Old 29th December 2006, 23:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

Second day of install
Door panels done and installed. Door was damped (inner part of the external door panel & the inner door panel -- over the gaps in the door-skeleton). Total 3 sheets of AZ Audiocomp per door. Sorry about the damping pics -- The job was done, and the panels were fitted and sealed by the time I got to the installer's garage.

The door panels actually look much better in real life than in the pics. Especially the way the midbass & the midrange protrude smoothly out of the panel, and the way the midrange is angled.

The boot was being done when I visited the installer. The LHS was done when I was there. One of the amps will be installed on this panel. The rectangular opening seen is where the CD-Changer will go in. (Yes, I've decided to keep the changer, and not sell it, after all). The rear speaker will be installed on an angled pod right above the vertical amp-base-panel. These panels will of course be carpeted once done completely.

The RHS amp-base-panel (for the second amp) was being done as I was leaving:

New box for my old sub: Better made, better braced, better port -- old wine in new bottle :-) The new box is sitting on the old box:

The Connection Audison distribution block (this thing cost me 800/- so let me show a separate photo of it, heh, heh):

As always, sorry for bad quality pics (esp. the night-mode ones). Pics taken on my phone.

It looks like I'm going to have a lot of fun cleaning the car's interiors properly this weekend :-(

I'll get the car tomorrow evening, so I'll post pics tomorrow night (if I can get decent ones in the evening light) Else, I'll post pics sunday morning. I'll give a first impression review of the sound tomorrow night. I can't wait to get the car!

Last edited by hydrashok : 30th December 2006 at 00:00.
Old 30th December 2006, 00:11   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks