Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2020, 11:20   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Foxfire 10.1" 4G LTE Android Head-Unit upgrade in my Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathwic View Post
Thank you senior- BHPian Vsrivatsa for the beautifully detailed video. Looks like Foxfire has changed the home screen/ car launcher and a few other things since you bought it or perhaps you have explicitly changed those settings. For example I do not have google assistant and the microphone on my home screen.
Oh...I have not changed anything - that is the default theme/launcher that came with the HU when I purchased it. Let me see if there are any settings to enable it specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathwic View Post
On another note, my battery wasn't getting charged enough because of the lock down and hence was getting drained off. After driving around for about 40 mins , the charge is now holding up quite well for the past 7 days or so.
Based on what I have heard from a Battery shop nearby, running the car for 3 kms once in a week should be sufficient - I am trying to follow the same.
Old 20th April 2020, 10:45   #62
Senior - BHPian

Continuing from my earlier video here on overall review > (Foxfire 10.1" 4G LTE Android Head-Unit upgrade in my Honda City) , I have made another video focusing on the features of Amazon Music.

Amazon Music App - Tips & Tricks

One of the key feature of any ICE Unit is its ability to provide a good audio experience. With a Internet Connected Head Unit, the focus moves away from storing files on a USB drive or Radio to Music Streaming Apps such as Amazon Music.

The video below demonstrates how easy it is to access Music that cuts across multiple languages and time periods by the use of simple voice commands.

Amazon music supports specific and generic voice commands. When I refer to specific, it means it is possible to invoke Alexa with a command asking for a specific Album, Artist or Song.

Examples of specific commands:
"Play Artist 'A R Rahman'"
"Play Album 'Dangal'"
"Play Song 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' "

Also, what opens up a whole lot of additional possibilities are generic commands. Suppose you just want to play some music that suits your particular situation you could use commands like below:

"Play Party Songs"
"Play 'Party Songs English' "
"Play 'Romantic Songs Hindi' "
"Play 'Hindi Music 1980s' "

For a more realistic experience you can watch the video below

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 20th April 2020 at 10:46.
Old 28th May 2020, 18:06   #63
BHPian

Has anyone connected an OBD2 with Foxfire head unit. I tried connecting it but was unsuccessful. The OBD is displayed in Bluetooth devices but when I tap on it it doesn’t respond. Just stays like that. It doesn’t ask me to pair and for the passcode and neither it connects with it. I really want to connect it to he HU. Any inputs?
Old 30th May 2020, 18:37   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Has anyone connected an OBD2 with Foxfire head unit. I tried connecting it but was unsuccessful. The OBD is displayed in Bluetooth devices but when I tap on it it doesn’t respond. Just stays like that. It doesn’t ask me to pair and for the passcode and neither it connects with it. I really want to connect it to he HU. Any inputs?
Go to Bluetooth settings, and change the PIN from 0000 to 1234, as that's the pin of the OBD adapter.
city2491 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 18:32   #65
BHPian

Hello!

Can anyone help me with procedure or information regarding how to connect Steering mounted Audio control to Foxfire HU is have on my Nexon XE.
I have ordered OEM steering mounted audio control button from Boodmo.

I am looking for this information for very long.
Old 13th June 2020, 20:53   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Hello!

Can anyone help me with procedure or information regarding how to connect Steering mounted Audio control to Foxfire HU is have on my Nexon XE.
I have ordered OEM steering mounted audio control button from Boodmo.

I am looking for this information for very long.
Just purchasing the button won’t do anything, you need a new clock spring to actually connect the buttons, also the trim piece around it. And that would mean changing the wiring harnesses at many different places. Tata cars come CANbus enabled, so there’s a fat chance it won’t work even after connecting.
city2491 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 23:01   #67
BHPian

Did you get the OBD2 adapter paired (after changing passcode from 1234 to 0000)
I'll try tomorrow.

TPMS worked well for me. I can see all 5 tyres well.

Sound quality - since it uses the original HU of the accord, I don't have any issues with sound quality. I might install Viper4Android to upgrade the sound quality further.

Have to scream loud to make requests to Alexa. Not sure if I'll need an external mic.

Last edited by hkborah : 11th July 2020 at 23:03.
Old 16th August 2020, 09:16   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Got one for my Crysta the 16GB variant one. Good so far, dont know how long it will last but for 12K its a steal.
Attachment 1973893
Attachment 1973894
Attachment 1973895
Hi
Does this integrate with all existing features like ODO meter, Avg KM, speed, fuel consumption etc? Will that automatically work in this device too?
Old 24th November 2020, 11:26   #69

Yesterday, after I spoke to Sunny, purchased the 4/64GB 360 version with 4 cameras. He told me, boot times improved to 20 sec in the 4GB system and many bugs were fixed as well. I am going to get it installed in 2014 Honda City. I will update the thread once the installation is completed. Attached is the picture that Sunny sent me to give an overview of the system.
Attached Thumbnails
Foxfire 10.1" 4G LTE Android Head-Unit upgrade in my Honda City-foxfire.jpeg  

srekar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 21:41   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srekar View Post
Yesterday, after I spoke to Sunny, purchased the 4/64GB 360 version with 4 cameras. He told me, boot times improved to 20 sec in the 4GB system and many bugs were fixed as well. I am going to get it installed in 2014 Honda City. I will update the thread once the installation is completed. Attached is the picture that Sunny sent me to give an overview of the system.
From where did you get the HU and what’s the price of the HU?I’m also from Hyderabad and planning to get the same for my 2014 Honda City.
Old 24th November 2020, 23:17   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
From where did you get the HU and what’s the price of the HU?I’m also from Hyderabad and planning to get the same for my 2014 Honda City.
The first post on page 1 by 'vsrivatsa' has full contact details of Sunny Gupta from whom I bought the unit and also the website address of their company, FoxFire.

I paid 35K for the model I ordered.
srekar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 21:25   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srekar View Post
I am going to get it installed in 2014 Honda City. I will update the thread once the installation is completed
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
My cousin bought that one (4GB/64GB) for his Ciaz and got it installed recently but without the Cameras - I covered that here as a separate thread. - (Unbranded - Journey from Blaupunkt to an Android Head-Unit in a Ciaz)

My Uncle got the 360 camera version installed for this Jeep Compass and it was a half a day's work - will post details of that soon as well.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 14:56   #73
BHPian

Last year, I installed Foxfire 2GB/32GB 10" model in my Honda City 2015 model. It works as expected. One of the major drawback is the voice call quality thru Bluetooth. It's really frustrating. Caller on the other end always complain that they cant hear me clearly every time even if I shout. Tried multiple solutions suggested by the supplier. Changed the external mic positions, adjusted volumes etc. Nothing worked. This unit picks up the caller's voice thru car's speakers and echo it back to the caller.

So, nowadays I pick up the phone to make/attend calls. This unit ruins the whole conversation if I use the Bluetooth call. Not practical at all.

Also, few months back, the unit had startup issue. I had to sent the unit to Delhi to get it rectified. Working fine so far. Bluetooth call quality issue still persists. I will not recommend this unit for someone who uses handsfree calls extensively while driving.
samy1117 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 17:41   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy1117 View Post
So, nowadays I pick up the phone to make/attend calls. This unit ruins the whole conversation if I use the Bluetooth call. Not practical at all.

Also, few months back, the unit had startup issue. I had to sent the unit to Delhi to get it rectified. Working fine so far. Bluetooth call quality issue still persists.
Was an additional external microphone added in your case?
I will validate once more on the call quality on my 2GB/32GB unit and revert - so far no one has complained but let me get onto the listening end and validate and report the findings.
Old 30th November 2020, 20:02   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Was an additional external microphone added in your case?
I will validate once more on the call quality on my 2GB/32GB unit and revert - so far no one has complained but let me get onto the listening end and validate and report the findings.
Yes. External mic has been added in my car. Car's built in mic not usable with this unit. It's the same car as yours. Honda City VMT 2015 model. External mic has been positioned in the corner on the driver side. So, no issues with the positioning of the mic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks