Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2013, 09:16   #976
BHPian

Re: Prices of HEAD UNITS

Planing to go with the digital media player for our new alto 800,

Pioneer online price is 3790, local dealer price (snap deal) also pricing it around Rs. 3200.

Been years now used a CD, hence its time to get away from this tech (my thoughts)

Name:  MVH159UIF.png
Views: 4372
Size:  130.3 KB

its getting matted with 3 way, 6inch door mounted speakers from pioneer (rs 1900), decent for a weekend short getaways melody.
groom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 14:39   #977
Distinguished - BHPian

I just plonked a megaaudio double din, touch screen Bluetooth unit in my Tucson.Basically, all singing/dancing.
I have experience with the brand, and I am no audiophile, so it suited me to a T. The previous one I had lasted for 4 years with zero maintenance.
And the price is pretty much unbeatable.
12k.

I had my pioneer from the fiesta which was swapped with a Sony unit, but didn't put that in since the FM on that has US tuning steps.
Old 18th July 2013, 00:21   #978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by groom View Post
Pioneer online price is 3790, local dealer price (snap deal) also pricing it around Rs. 3200.
Pls help understand...
- Wired Remote Input
- Card Remote Control
- RDS

And will this unit be compatible with 2004 WagonR?

Pardon my noob question, this is a complete audio player isn't it? What I mean is, I can buy this & simply this unit & fit on my car, power up, connect to speakers without having to buy amplifier or any additional thing right?

Last but not the least, any other alternatives in this or lesser price range with the following criteria...
- Has to support 2 front speaker
- Has to play MP3 & CD format
- Should support playing songs from USB drive
Old 18th July 2013, 11:26   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Pls help understand...
- Wired Remote Input
- Card Remote Control
- RDS
- I do not know what is a wired remote input (this could be for direct iPod control)

- Car remote control is show below, i will put my images on this Saturday once the installation is complete.

Name:  Remote_control.png
Views: 4128
Size:  29.4 KB

- RDS is to do with digital radio services. Some Fm stations also transmit information of the song etc along with the song. This is also displayed. (i have seen this in US,

RDS is also to do with program type information, that means you can search only news channels while tuning, etc.

Quote:
And will this unit be compatible with 2004 WagonR?
Yes, Offcourse, this is a single din system, if it can be fitted in an Alto 800, then it can also fit in a Wagon R. Single DIN is quite standard.

Also below is the list of systems suitable for WagonR as per Maruti Genuine Accessories. there are plenty of options.

http://marutistorage.blob.core.windo...%20R%20New.pdf

Quote:
Pardon my noob question, this is a complete audio player isn't it? What I mean is, I can buy this & simply this unit & fit on my car, power up, connect to speakers without having to buy amplifier or any additional thing right?
There isnt anything called a noob question,
This is a complete audio player, just that it doesnt play CD's, it plays iPod, USB, Radio etc. User manual is here.

http://pioneer-india.in/wp-content/u.../MVH-159UI.pdf

Quote:
Last but not the least, any other alternatives in this or lesser price range with the following criteria...
- Has to support 2 front speaker
- Has to play MP3 & CD format
- Should support playing songs from USB drive
the least price range in this is 3200, nothing good below than this. Equivalent Sony version is around 4890 (MRP).

If CD player is a must for you, then starting price may be around 5000.
Check the MGA accessories link, you might get a complete idea for suitable units for wagon R, then you could bargain at your trusted local vendor.

Happy time!!
groom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 12:03   #980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...- Wired Remote Input ...
Quote:
- I do not know what is a wired remote input (this could be for direct iPod control) ...
Could this be the Steering Wheel Remote interface? This is usually wired. You will find the description and connection diagram in the User Manual.

Quote:
... Last but not the least, any other alternatives in this or lesser price range with the following criteria ...
You can look at some China-made white-branded HUs, but you have to go to the market and search for those.
DerAlte is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 13:19   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Could this be the Steering Wheel Remote interface? This is usually wired. You will find the description and connection diagram in the User Manual.

Thanks, you are right!! it is an option for steering wheel remote interface!!

Name:  Hard_wired_remote_Control.png
Views: 5564
Size:  17.8 KB
Old 18th July 2013, 13:28   #982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- I do not know..you might get a complete idea for suitable units for wagon R, then you could bargain at your trusted local vendor.
Yes, I'll do all the bargains; but thanks for the education, so many links & for your understanding. Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
You can look at some China-made white-branded HUs, but you have to go to the market and search for those.
Thanks, but no Thanks to Kyobi, Kchibu, Yuwei kind of models. Though all I want is something to keep hooting in the car (I can't do driving as well as listening to songs at the same time), I want a proper audio system from a good & reputed manufacturer.
Old 18th July 2013, 20:08   #983
Senior - BHPian

@groom & @DerAlte je - I'm buying Pioneer - DEH 1590UB CD Receiver from Snapdeal. Like I said, CD player is must & I found it hard to compromise it for the cost.

This 1590UB costs Rs 4000, while 159UI is Rs 3200; couldn't let go off a CD player for a mere Rs 800.

Thanks to both of you to have helped me
Old 12th August 2013, 16:57   #984
BHPian

Hiya fellas,

Need some advice regarding a basic USB Head Unit for my Optra.
Looking for some basic unit that accepts USB drives and plays files in MP3 format.
If it has iPod/iPhone compatibility, that will be great too!
Clarity takes precedence, followed by Bass. FM will never be used, so not in the list of requirements.
Do not have any attraction towards any specific brands as such. Have heard good things about Alpine in general.
Budget is around 5k for the HU. Fancy frills like touch screen & million band equalizers are really not needed.

Any suggestions will be most welcome & appreciated. I'm a complete n00b when it comes to ICE equipment.
Cheers!
Sourav
Old 18th August 2013, 11:38   #985
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Hiya fellas,

Need some advice regarding a basic USB Head Unit for my Optra.
Looking for some basic unit that accepts USB drives and plays files in MP3 format.
If it has iPod/iPhone compatibility, that will be great too!
Clarity takes precedence, followed by Bass. FM will never be used, so not in the list of requirements.
Do not have any attraction towards any specific brands as such. Have heard good things about Alpine in general.
Budget is around 5k for the HU. Fancy frills like touch screen & million band equalizers are really not needed.

Any suggestions will be most welcome & appreciated. I'm a complete n00b when it comes to ICE equipment.
Cheers!
Sourav
Just ordered the new Sony usb only DSX -A30 for 3300/- with 175 cash back approx from snapdeal. Shops are charging 4 to 4.5k for it.

--R

Last edited by Ragul : 18th August 2013 at 11:39.
Old 19th August 2013, 22:43   #986
BHPian

Need some inputs on whether the following HUs are decent enough. I will be adding a amp and components right now and a sub some time later.

1.Kenwood - KDC U356 - CD and USB Receiver @3.6k
2.Pioneer - DEH X3590UI CD Receiver @4.5k
the only difference i see is the lack of HPF on the kenwood and 3 bands parametric EQ vs 5 band GEQ and HPF on the pioneer.

The above prices are from snapdeal since my local car dealers are charging 1k INR more than snapdeal, is it ok to buy from snapdeal?
There are no online reviews for these so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Andre.
Old 25th August 2013, 11:39   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
The above prices are from snapdeal since my local car dealers are charging 1k INR more than snapdeal, is it ok to buy from snapdeal?
There are no online reviews for these so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Andre.
You can buy from snapdeal, I have bought some stuff from them and they are reliable and sell genuine stuff with warranty, I have not bought ICE stuff but IMO they should give you good service.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 12:08   #988
Senior - BHPian

Need to change the OE Kenwood head unit in my Esteem. Thinking of going for Clarion CZ202A and the asking price is Rs 6200/-. The dealer says its very good. Don't know if he is doing that genuinely or because he will get a bigger cut.

I have Rockford Fosgate speakers for the rear and OE 4" Kenwood speakers for the front which I may change to components later.

Any idea how this head unit is?
Old 5th September 2013, 23:06   #989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Need to change the OE Kenwood head unit in my Esteem. Thinking of going for Clarion CZ202A and the asking price is Rs 6200/-. The dealer says its very good. Don't know if he is doing that genuinely or because he will get a bigger cut.

I have Rockford Fosgate speakers for the rear and OE 4" Kenwood speakers for the front which I may change to components later.

Any idea how this head unit is?
I am assuming its XTREME you are talking about. My brother got a Clarion HU from them in February. Its going good till date.
Old 6th September 2013, 11:27   #990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I am assuming its XTREME you are talking about. My brother got a Clarion HU from them in February. Its going good till date.
Yes Pancham. Its them. I got it fixed yesterday with a pair of Cerwin Wega 4" for the front. The adjustments for the HU is very confusing with the Bass, Mid and Treble having 3 separate settings each for G, F and Q.

Need to go back to them for adjustments.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks