Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2007, 02:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
I havent tried it but who want that tension ? Or car charger ? And changing songs from hu is better i think.
Ya i tend to agree with mugen....when there is a very cheap alternative available then why to stress your brain....
Old 8th June 2007, 02:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I havent tried it but who want that tension ? Or car charger ? And changing songs from hu is better i think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Ya i tend to agree with mugen....when there is a very cheap alternative available then why to stress your brain....
Could you guys explain yourselves please ? LBM, which is the cheaper option, i dont understand. Mugen, what tension are you talking about ?
Old 8th June 2007, 03:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Could you guys explain yourselves please ? LBM, which is the cheaper option, i dont understand. Mugen, what tension are you talking about ?
the one Mugen Bhai is refering is the adapter which can control the IPOD and charge it also....cost -> 5k

the one I am telling is the IP-BUS aux in which will cost about 1k or little less....
Old 8th June 2007, 03:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
the one Mugen Bhai is refering is the adapter which can control the IPOD and charge it also....cost -> 5k

the one I am telling is the IP-BUS aux in which will cost about 1k or little less....
I am sorry LBM, in that case you cannot tend to agree with mugen. That is what confused me. anyway cheers now & get some sleep audio man.
Old 8th June 2007, 10:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sorry LBM, in that case you cannot tend to agree with mugen. That is what confused me. anyway cheers now & get some sleep audio man.
Yes and No....but what Mugen Bhai suggested is a better option even I would go that way.....but the one I suggested is a very budget option when someone cannot afford the above one......
Old 8th June 2007, 11:34   #21

Buying a seperate iPod adapter for 5k and then having two boxes hanging around in the car is not a good option acc. to me. I would rather of my existing deck (dealer offered 2.5k for it) and add another 4k and buy a new pioneer HU which has AUX in But i think I will go for the CD RB-10 or CD RB-20 which are the ip bus aux-in connectors. And pray that my technician knows how to connect them. When i went to him yesterday he said, the only option for me is to use an FM transmitter. He had no clue about an IP Bus AUX in connector... :(
Old 8th June 2007, 11:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mugen, what tension are you talking about ?
E_L,

I mean when someone is able to spend 5k than he should not have to go for 1k cable, because if you are getting cheaper cable than you will have to charge ipod yourself, change songs from ipod while driving is also hactic i think. so as i told....

Quote:
Now it depends upon your budget.
If you spend 5k than you can change songs from hu, and charge ipod from ipod adapter. But if you spend 1k than you will have to charge ipod externally and have to change songs from ipod.
Old 9th June 2007, 14:17   #23

I wanted to buy CED Rb-20 in Mumbai... I tried all the numbers listed on the Pioneer Website but all of them are just service centers... Could someone tell me where I could find it in Bombay? I stay in Borivli...
Old 9th June 2007, 15:55   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

non branded IPOD-HU Interface cable is available as "free add-on" from Sprocket here in Hyd . Juss kidding, he gave me the cable free of cost but may charge others. I reckon it is worth around 400-500 bucks. 1K is steep !!! I am talking about the cable where u manage the songs from the IPOD and not HU. I know its a pain but still quite economic.
Old 9th June 2007, 16:19   #25

Well, I just found from a local guy that the cable can be made and he would charge 800-1,000 bucks. Although i know that it is a very steep price, I dont think there is any option. Buying the CD-IB100 adapter, according to me is plain stupidity, because the adapter itself costs some 5,000, you would rather buy a new head-unit with auxiliary in. Nevertheless, I am getting the cable made from him, and i know it will be a pain to control the iPod manually
, but it is still okay.
Old 10th June 2007, 07:50   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumster View Post
Well, I just found from a local guy that the cable can be made and he would charge 800-1,000 bucks. Although i know that it is a very steep price, I dont think there is any option. Buying the CD-IB100 adapter, according to me is plain stupidity, because the adapter itself costs some 5,000, you would rather buy a new head-unit with auxiliary in. Nevertheless, I am getting the cable made from him, and i know it will be a pain to control the iPod manually
, but it is still okay.
Hmm the one you opt is a good one with the minimum cost involved and the job is done.....but the full fledged control of the cd-ib100 is sure worth the price......
Old 11th June 2007, 14:31   #27

Damn, my audio guy says there required IC chip is not available for my model. He is saying that he'll do some external circuitry and he will have to cut off FM from my source button and instead he will add an external switch which will switch between FM and iPod.... you guys think its worth it? I have a bad feeling about it...
Old 11th June 2007, 16:50   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

I've heard of people doing this before.
But what I heard is that they disconnect your AM (a useless thing anyways)
So if you switch to tuner and select your band as AM, then you can hear the iPod.
Old 11th June 2007, 16:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumster View Post
he'll do some external circuitry and he will have to cut off FM from my source button and instead he will add an external switch which will switch between FM and iPod.... you guys think its worth it? I have a bad feeling about it...
Drumster-bhai, just think of the cost of the hours you are putting in + the headaches, you will soon realize that the off-the-shelf cable would be far cheaper.
At least you will be able to enjoy the music from your iPod rightaway, instead of being at the receiving end of the experimentation. If there is a foul-up, that will be a right royal FUBAR. Avoid, make some music instead!
Old 11th June 2007, 17:19   #30

I am thinking of getting the IB100 adapter... its available for $50 on crutchfield, if i get it for an equivalent amount of Rs. in India then I'll buy that or else I'll order it from US. This really sucks. Pioneer not having any authorized shops in India is really sad. Maybe I should have gone for a Sony HU.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks