Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2008, 17:27   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
1. Could you please check in the manual for any of the following?
- Connection diagram for the AUX-IN
- Connection diagram for the main wiring block connector (which includes wiring for battery, ground, antenna connector, etc.)
- Text which describes where the AUX-IN pins are
I have checked the owners' manual DerAlte. But i am sorry to say that there are no diagrams of the things that you have asked for. Just a plain jane user manual that explains the basic operations of the HU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
2. Could you ask the showroom guys if they will allow you to take a photo of the rear of the HU, with the connector taken out and connector in place?
Well i will try and find this out as i will be going to Planet Ford to replace the headlight bulb either today evening or tomorrow. I think mostly they will allow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
...but how could wrong info be given on the manual?
vnabhi i am sure you must have read this on the very first page of the manual:

Quote:
Please be aware that this manual applies to all models, equipment and options. As a result, you may find some explanations for equipment not installed on your vehicle.
Certain features shown in this guide may not be part of the models at all times.
Old 7th May 2008, 17:44   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
Well i will try and find this out as i will be going to Planet Ford to replace the headlight bulb either today evening or tomorrow. I think mostly they will allow.
Hello dhaval

Any news on this? Were you able to visit the showroom and find out about the aux input?

I'm considering buying this car and I'm a music buff I really want to have the ability to connect my ipod to the car.
Old 22nd July 2008, 17:05   #63
BHPian

I have a Pio HU with an aux in (regular headphone jack socket) and I have tried connecting my ipod to it through the ipod's headphone socket, but the sound quality is not as good as with a CD. Is it because I am using a poor cable, or is there a better way of connecting the two?

If a better cable is the answer, can any types or brands be suggested?
Old 17th August 2008, 00:38   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
I have a Pio HU with an aux in (regular headphone jack socket) and I have tried connecting my ipod to it through the ipod's headphone socket, but the sound quality is not as good as with a CD.
Sound quality on an mp3 player will never be as good as a CD, unless your mp3 are recorded at bit rate of 320.
The cable will give you as good a sound as you'll ever get.
Old 18th August 2008, 14:14   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Sound quality on an mp3 player will never be as good as a CD, unless your mp3 are recorded at bit rate of 320.
The cable will give you as good a sound as you'll ever get.

My music is mostly on lossless or 320kbps. So, quality wise there should not be a difference in the data file. EVen my CD player is not is average quality, not audiophile. So, the ipod would be expected to deliver comparable outputs.

On this premise, I did two experiments. One, I got a better cord, with a regular male plug on each end. This gave a much better quality of sound. Which confirmed the claim that contacts and wiring are of prime importance.

Two, I got an ipod dock to rca cord. This gave even better sound. Volume and tone control is now handled by the amp itself, which means the ipod is just forwarding the data from the file. This set up is the best, though it works only at home and not in the car.
Old 26th July 2009, 18:23   #66
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone,
Ok so I'm not that into music and all, but, I have a Pioneer Cassette player in my Zen with a detachable HU w/o aux in/out/USB. I have an IPod Nano too.
I wanted to know if I could listen to some of my selected music/lectures on my car stereo.
That got me searching for a system that would integrate with my HU and IPod and produce great music.
Guess what, I found one. And super cheap too. 200 bucks, 3 days, thats it. The quality is as good as what you have as your ICE setup.

More details after I click some pics tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks