Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2007, 13:55   #1

iPod connection for a HU without AUX input

I have gone through all the posts on iPod connections and all and I have understood how to connect an iPod to a HU without an AUX input. If I am not wrong it should basically be an AUX cable with 3.5mm standard jack which goes to the back of the head-unit.

My problem is I am not able to find it over the internet. I tried searching on eBay but was not able to find it. Does anyone know where to find such a cable in Bombay? I have a Pioneer Headunit. Thanx.
Old 7th June 2007, 14:14   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumster View Post
I have gone through all the posts on iPod connections and all and I have understood how to connect an iPod to a HU without an AUX input. If I am not wrong it should basically be an AUX cable with 3.5mm standard jack which goes to the back of the head-unit.

My problem is I am not able to find it over the internet. I tried searching on eBay but was not able to find it. Does anyone know where to find such a cable in Bombay? I have a Pioneer Headunit. Thanx.
If your (CD) HU does not have a Aux IN. then the only option is a FM modulator.
Old 7th June 2007, 14:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a Pioneer Headunit. Thanx.
Which pioneer headunit do you have ? because there is one pioneer ipod adapter is available for approx 5k which can plug into your cd changer connecting port. or else as navinji told FM modulator.
Old 7th June 2007, 14:54   #4

I dont know the series number of my head unit, its a pioneer CD player, had purchased it some 8-10 months back. Its a 4-channel one.... u guys sure theres no way of connecting an iPOD if theres no AUX in??
Old 7th June 2007, 15:03   #5
BHPian

if you do not have AUX-IN jack available with your unit, try to solder one end of connector to pre-amplifier section , you will need assitance of an electronic technician. Pretty simple job.

you can route the other end suitably, having nrmal 3.5mm jack.Or else wirless transfer like FM modulator suggested by Navin Ji.
Old 7th June 2007, 15:06   #6

hmm... okay thanx for the replies... i'll have to go to a technician i guess...
Old 7th June 2007, 18:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

The manual of the HU would mention whether it has an AUX-IN or not, and if so - where! Most manuals also explain how to connect an iPod to that model (mine does - Blau Monte Carlo MP34 - standard fitment in a Safari EX).

Or am I the only manual-reading old fogey?

OT: This is a common issue with modern software engineers - aptly described in the industry as "Reading reference material, such as manuals, is the hallmark of cowardly engineers" :(
Old 7th June 2007, 18:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont know the series number of my head unit, its a pioneer CD player, had purchased it some 8-10 months back. Its a 4-channel one.... u guys sure theres no way of connecting an iPOD if theres no AUX in??
If you had bought your HU less than a year ago, i am sure it is Ipod adapter compatible. Check the model number, it is written somewhere in the face plate else take a snap & put it across.
Old 7th June 2007, 19:02   #9

I just found out the number of my HU... its DEH P5850 MPH. Its a 4-channel Pioneer Head Unit with MOSFET written on top. and Yeah i purchased it about 10 - 11 months ago. Thanks for the continued help guys..
Old 7th June 2007, 19:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just found out the number of my HU... its DEH P5850 MPH. Its a 4-channel Pioneer Head Unit with MOSFET written on top. and Yeah i purchased it about 10 - 11 months ago. Thanks for the continued help guys..
Here's what I found (on an Indonesian on-line website eGrosir.com :: Pioneer DEH-P5850 MP of all the places!):
Additional features:
• External Source TV, DVD, CD, CD Control
• AUX Input via CD-RB10 or CD-RB20
• iPOD Adapter Ready (CD-IB100 via EXT control)
• iPod and P-Bus Bluetooth adapter ready (via EXT)

So you're all set - happy hunting (for the accessories, not blackbuck!)
Old 7th June 2007, 20:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
then you have two option first is the IP-BUS input lead which will cost you approx 1k and you will have aux in for the HU , second one is a IPOD interface module which will also enable to control the IPOD from the HU also...so choose your poison....
Old 7th June 2007, 22:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

Now it depends upon your budget.
If you spend 5k than you can change songs from hu, and charge ipod from ipod adapter. But if you spend 1k than you will have to charge ipod externally and have to change songs from ipod.
Old 7th June 2007, 23:52   #13
BHPian

Has anyone tried making your own pioneer ip-bus adapter ? I found this ip-bus hack when searchin for ways to connect my sansa player to a pioneer FH-P5000MP HU.

Gutterslide.com - Pioneer IP-BUS Hack
Old 8th June 2007, 01:07   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Now it depends upon your budget.
If you spend 5k than you can change songs from hu, and charge ipod from ipod adapter. But if you spend 1k than you will have to charge ipod externally and have to change songs from ipod.
Is charging your Ipod that important. couldn't that damn thing hold its charge for at least 4 hours ????
Old 8th June 2007, 01:16   #15
Senior - BHPian

I havent tried it but who want that tension ? Or car charger ? And changing songs from hu is better i think.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks