Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2007, 17:22   #31

I am not sure if this has already been discussed in this thread(blame my ignorance about audio technicalities) but you can use a cassette adapter or a FM transmitter. A casette adapter costs between $2 to $6(Rs 80 to Rs 240) and the FM transmitter with charger can be obtained for $15 - $40(Rs 600 - Rs 1600). I got a cassette adapter and FM transmitter for $2 and $20 from Ebay USA and using it in my Zen's Pioneer HU. Works fine with 4 preset FM stations starting from 88.1 in the FM transmitter while the cassette adapter is even better. Maybe , if you had a friend in US who could help you out.
Old 11th June 2007, 20:27   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity_Nimble View Post
I am not sure if this has already been discussed in this thread(blame my ignorance about audio technicalities) but you can use a cassette adapter or a FM transmitter. A casette adapter costs between $2 to $6(Rs 80 to Rs 240) and the FM transmitter with charger can be obtained for $15 - $40(Rs 600 - Rs 1600). I got a cassette adapter and FM transmitter for $2 and $20 from Ebay USA and using it in my Zen's Pioneer HU. Works fine with 4 preset FM stations starting from 88.1 in the FM transmitter while the cassette adapter is even better. Maybe , if you had a friend in US who could help you out.
A. The quality of FM Transmitter sucks. I want a better quality on my audio.

B. I have a CD Player, so no use of a cassette adapter.
Old 11th June 2007, 20:31   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Drumster-bhai, just think of the cost of the hours you are putting in + the headaches, you will soon realize that the off-the-shelf cable would be far cheaper.
At least you will be able to enjoy the music from your iPod rightaway, instead of being at the receiving end of the experimentation. If there is a foul-up, that will be a right royal FUBAR. Avoid, make some music instead!
Dude! I never wanted to do all this roaming around! I was looking for a simple off-the-shelf cable. But the cable that I require is not available in Bombay or maybe anywhere else in India. But I am talking to someone in Delhi, who's contact was given by Manik (who is on this forum). Am hoping that things will work out.
Old 11th June 2007, 22:06   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumster View Post
Dude! I never wanted to do all this roaming around! I was looking for a simple off-the-shelf cable. But the cable that I require is not available in Bombay or maybe anywhere else in India. But I am talking to someone in Delhi, who's contact was given by Manik (who is on this forum). Am hoping that things will work out.
Just PM L_B_M - he has the catalog and will be able to tell you where to get it from - maybe even in India.
Old 29th June 2007, 12:38   #35
BHPian

This has been posted before, so forgive me.
I obtained a cable from Driven in New Delhi (Manik) . My installer connected it in ten minutes to the cd changer input in the rear of the HU (it has a special plug for this) and the other end id the normal mini-head-phone plug. The Ipod sounds clear as crystal.
Cable cost me Rs 1650/- plus 150/- for courier
I also got a combination charger from Indiatimes.com for 450/- This plugs into the cigarette lighter socket. I can now use the Ipod for hours without fear.
Old 29th June 2007, 13:16   #36
Senior - BHPian

Since you connected it to the cd changer point, can you still play cds?
Old 29th June 2007, 16:19   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Since you connected it to the cd changer point, can you still play cds?
he has connect the IPOD through the IP-BUS connection at the back of the HU and he cannot install a CD-Changer without removing the socket but.. he can play the CD in the HU..
Old 29th June 2007, 16:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

Just to add: I was able to connect my iPod to my Pioneer HU (P5750) using an Pio iPod Adaptor CD-IB100 (I bought it from abroad).

Am enjoying the awesome music on my Car stereo from iPod, the sound quality is really great, same as playing CD on HU!
Old 10th October 2007, 16:39   #39
Senior - BHPian

filcord, I want to know from you if your solution will suit me---I have a 6-cd changer with fm radio (no cassette player), with no aux port. I want to listen to both cds and my mp3 player.
Any suggestions, guys? If FM modulator is the only answer, which brand is good, and is it available in India?

Last edited by vnabhi : 10th October 2007 at 16:39. Reason: Forgot a line
Old 10th October 2007, 17:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
filcord, I want to know from you if your solution will suit me---I have a 6-cd changer with fm radio (no cassette player), with no aux port. I want to listen to both cds and my mp3 player.
Any suggestions, guys? If FM modulator is the only answer, which brand is good, and is it available in India?
I am sure you would have checked with the HU manual for provision of AUX-IN. You seem to have the stock 2DIN custom-facia HU in your Fiesta, which must have suffered real hard cost cutting not to have an AUX-IN!

The FM modulator is definitely an option, but that would sound terrible. There *must* be a better way of doing it.
Old 10th October 2007, 19:21   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
I am sure you would have checked with the HU manual for provision of AUX-IN. You seem to have the stock 2DIN custom-facia HU in your Fiesta, which must have suffered real hard cost cutting not to have an AUX-IN!

The FM modulator is definitely an option, but that would sound terrible. There *must* be a better way of doing it.
Bingo, you are spot on!
Old 10th October 2007, 20:29   #42
BHPian

Hi vnabhi don't get the FM modulator have used it and its crap,the sound quality is not up to the mark
Old 11th October 2007, 11:10   #43
Senior - BHPian

Thanks yogi1771. Guess I will reconcile to playing cds only.
Old 11th October 2007, 13:46   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks yogi1771. Guess I will reconcile to playing cds only.
Not really - if there is will there is always a way. It is all a sum of apparent impossibilities, application of mind, risk perceptions and workarounds.

1. If the brand of the OE HU is known, it is always possible to replace the HU with another of the same brand that has an AUX-IN or iPod access. In that case all the stuff other than the HU core is reused

2. If the above is impracticable, there is always someone somewhere who can cut the AM tuner track going to the mixer, and bring that input out to stereo jack or RCA sockets. The iPod / MP3 player can be connected to that. You would only need to switch the tuner to AM, and balle balle!
Old 11th October 2007, 13:57   #45
Senior - BHPian

Thanks DerAlte. The first option is more expensive, so I prefer the 2nd.
Wonder if we have a whiz kid in Hyd who could do that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks