Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2007, 06:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see you back, Tool. And congrats on the upgrade . 60K for wires definitely means you're really serious about your ICE. Enjoyyyyyy!
Old 11th June 2007, 07:04   #17
BHPian

Ahhh..Finally Someone who understands me hehehe
Thanks bro hydrashok. I love Sound !!!(maybe even obessed) lol . Agreed its a tad expensive but its also my own fault. If i had the time and had ordered
my stinger stuff online would have easy saved 15k but time conspired against me and when things went wrong i had to pay somehow !! hehehe.Also if you
think about it if i were to buy Sonus RCA interconnects they would have cost similar amounts here too.So i dont think i did a wrong thing by getting 190 $ rca's.
Call it a once in a lifetime buy.. the way i look at it atleast ill never have to upgrade my wiring anymore.. Maybe add more Connection Audion and stingers for the Active stage
in the RS when that happens , and i wont land up paying as much because ill order them online.

As for the Connection Audison Stuff. Its just too good not to have. The power wires have sorted my life out.. no more voltage dropouts. Just steady clean power.
To think i was considering a Alternator Upgrade. Yikes!!.
Its just a pity that i didnt know you guys and Team-bhp earlier when i bought my ICE. Would have gone Connection Audion since day one. But thats my loss and see i paid again !! LOL.
Well that said.. thank you again bro for all your support and kind words. They mean a lot.
Big Big Boom.

Last edited by Tool : 11th June 2007 at 07:11.
Old 11th June 2007, 08:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

60k on just wires! ...ok, 40k if it was online!
but hey, why only one? I think there are many people who can really understand your tastes and needs (though I can only imagine). It reminds me of that abba song- money money money, must be funny, in the rich man's world...ahaaa...!
Enjoy, you lucky man
Old 11th June 2007, 12:52   #19
BHPian

some ppl in the world have all the money.. given a 60 K i would have changed the entire setup with cabling...
Old 11th June 2007, 13:05   #20
BANNED

Hey, I don't know much about the ICE ... but man 60k for wires -- it just goes to show that there is NO LIMIT for ones passion . Enjoy it dude , coz thats what matters .

60k for cables ..WHOA -- i wonder what all I cud do with that amount , Psycho here I head back to the Modificatio section - these ICE freaks are nuts .
Old 11th June 2007, 13:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Tool what was the reading you are getting with +9db sound.....139 db and earlier it was 130 db like wise....
Old 12th June 2007, 06:49   #22
BHPian

yes you could say so.. i mean i recored max levels before and after and these are Peak values only. Also what did happen before i got the Connection Audison 2 guage power wire
and upgraded my ground was that at max volume on the HU i used to suffer dropouts im my sound.. suddenly past a certain level on the HU insted of getting loud it would taper downwards
because my voltages would hit rock bottom. im guessing because of lack of power or whatever.

Both sirs JB and Gunbir when they were in bombay marked out that ther is a drop in sound.They suggested power wire & ground upgrade and well i still am in shock. Crunchy sound all the way to the top.

So yes iv never hear my car this clear crisp and loud. i have had to turn down my bass.. inface im now listning to my system with my volume set at 18 insted of the normal 20 i used to keep on the HU.
Bottom line ..im happy heheheh.
thanx again everyone..for all the encouragement and positive Vibe..This would not have been possible without the knowledge that i have got from this very forum.
Im lovin it
Big boom
P.S ..Khaddu Bro.. please dont go .. ehehehe.

Last edited by Tool : 12th June 2007 at 07:01.
Old 12th June 2007, 08:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Hey, I don't know much about the ICE ... but man 60k for wires -- it just goes to show that there is NO LIMIT for ones passion . Enjoy it dude , coz thats what matters .

60k for cables ..WHOA -- i wonder what all I cud do with that amount , Psycho here I head back to the Modificatio section - these ICE freaks are nuts .
But its not that much really, only that his system does not measure up. I think it was B &T who did a monster of a setup with 3 amps each costing 1.8L. This kind of cabling could be appropriate in that setup. Good Luck Tool with your ICE. Its cool man.
Old 12th June 2007, 09:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
But its not that much really, only that his system does not measure up. I think it was B &T who did a monster of a setup with 3 amps each costing 1.8L. This kind of cabling could be appropriate in that setup. Good Luck Tool with your ICE. Its cool man.
John, amplification worth 80K or so, speakers worth 30K or so, subs worth 30K or so, HU etc worth another 40K or so, and you say his system doesn't measure up? See his car in his garage, look at what all he has done on his baby. Isn't that what this forum is about, love of cars and all things related?

I mean cmon... he has clearly mentioned that his ICE is a WIP (work in progress), with future upgrades in the pipeline. Are we now looking down at people who work hard to build their system piece by piece. With his cables, he has built a solid foundation upon which he can easily build a better system than he has now. And I think he's right. I used to do the same thing, and I still do.

Tool, as usual I admire your positivity, and your spirit. But next time use Finolex instead of some crappy Stinger / Audison stuff yaar. If not for yourself then for approval from the discerning folks on this forum.

BOOM!
Old 12th June 2007, 11:47   #25
Senior - BHPian

Gunman is getting emotional now!! phaaji shaant!!

Tool is happy, Eveyone is happy!

~PEACE~
Old 12th June 2007, 13:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Tool Sir if you dont mind in your very old post......made in What ICE & @ What Price thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/235897-post89.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/236404-post111.html

there you clearly mentioned 0 gauge stinger wire and the best one made by them and now you are using 2 gauge wire ....then how come this downgrade....and over that you are gaining 9db.........I dont mean to offend you or pull your leg
Old 12th June 2007, 13:54   #27
Team-BHP Support

What metal are these stinger wires made of? Is it pure copper or stuff like Gold etc., is added to increase conductivity? Can somebody give me a 1 feet long sample for free
Old 12th June 2007, 14:22   #28
Senior - BHPian

Excellent choice of wires... I wish I could afford them too....
Better SQ is actually priceless for an audiophile!

However for a 9db gain your old wires must have been terrible...
Old 12th June 2007, 14:34   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Tool Sir if you dont mind in your very old post......made in What ICE & @ What Price thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/235897-post89.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/236404-post111.html

there you clearly mentioned 0 gauge stinger wire and the best one made by them and now you are using 2 gauge wire ....then how come this downgrade....and over that you are gaining 9db.........I dont mean to offend you or pull your leg

Eye - opening post.....interesting finding Rags!!
Old 12th June 2007, 14:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Better SQ is actually priceless for an audiophile!
So in other words, even your mastercard can't buy it (credit limit is going to fall short!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks