Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2007, 02:27   #1
BHPian

Complete Connection Audison / Hertz Hi-Energy / Stinger Expert Upgrade Underway.

Hello everyone !!
First of all im sorry for not being on Team-bhp for a bit but i have had a rough few months.Have been in Jaipur becuase of family issues . But now im back and rocking in town. Was away being a "Good Boy". So...
As a present to my self have decided on upgrading some of my ICE.
Here is what i am doing. Upgrading all my wires to Connection Audison / Stinger Expert series and Got me Hertz Hi-Enery HSK 165 Components for my Front And Back.

List of Stuff for upgrade is :-

1) Hertz Hi-Energy HSK 165 6.5 inch 2-Way Components Front And Back - Still To Come.

2) Connection Audison Sonus MP2BL (Blue 2 guage) Main Power Wire - 6 Meters & 2 Meters Of MP2S (Silver 2 Gauge) Main Power Wire For Grounding.Total 8 Meters.

3) Connection Audison Sonus SFH 11WP Main Fuse Holder

4) Connection Audison Main Power 16BL (16 Guage Remote Turn On Wire - (7 meters)

5) Connection Audison Sonus SFC 41C Ground And Main Power Fused Distribution Block.

6) Connection Audison Best BGT 21 Ground Terminals.

7) Connection Audison Silver SL 212 Speaker Wire ( 12 guage - 5 Meters)

More below...
Old 9th June 2007, 02:29   #2
BHPian

8) Connection Audison Silver SL 214 Speaker Wire ( 14 guage - 20 meters)

9) Stinger Expert Series Silver Wire OFC RCA Interconnects With Directional Noise Flow. ( 2 nos - 6 Meters Each). Simply the most amazing Rca's i have seen.

10)Connection Audison Best BT2600 2 Channel RCA Interconnect.Using These for the Alpine Monoblock

11)Stinger Expert Series SXTBM Battery Clamps With LED Voltage Display

Negative Clamp:-

Positive Batterly Clamp:-

Old 9th June 2007, 02:29   #3
BHPian

Here are some install Pics. Currently only doing power wiring and laying down speaker wires.

Negative Clamp Attached

Main Fuse Holder Connection Audison Sonus SFH 11WP installed.

All Old Wires Removed.

New Wires Being Laid. Note Removed Old Crossovers and Dristributon box to make room for the Connection Audison Sonus SFC 41C Ground And Main Power Fused Distribution Block.

Rca And Power Cables Laid and Being Tied Up.

Connection Audison BEST BGT 21 Grounding Block Installed.

Alpine 9855 Gets New Interconnects.

Blaupunkt Amp All wired Up.Note Connection Audison Remote Tun on cable.

Both Positive and Negative Battery Clamps installed and system is up and running .

Thats it for now folks !!! hehehe...As i am waiting for my Hertz HSK 165 Hi-Energy components to arrive.Will post more install pics soon

Thank you Sirs JB and Gunbir !! My voltage Just Refuses to Drop and The imaging from the speakers is magnificent .. even My Blau's sound very very crisp , loud and Tight.Cant wait for the Hertz baby's..Overall a gain of 9 DB almost from before. Had measured db levels before i took it for wiring and after wiring with the same speakers and same EQ settings and same track on same cd at the same volume on HU , i see a gain of 8.79 DB .. simply amazing !!. The Doors never sounded this Good. The bass was soo much tighter , so well rounded off that i was left speechless.

So thank again sirs JB and Gunbir. You guys just showed me what my ICE is really capable off .Last but not least.. Thank you TEAM BHP !!! This Forum ROCKS
Big big Boom

Last edited by Tool : 9th June 2007 at 02:33.
Old 9th June 2007, 08:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

A 9 db increase with change of wires......

also the Stinger RCA are the old ones.....or they are new.

And what was the damage.
Old 9th June 2007, 09:06   #5
BHPian

Hello Sir LBM
umm all brand new wires. And well almost 9 DB but yes even i was totally shocked !!! more like my jaw dropped bro.My old wires must have been CRAP.complete wiring upgrade excluding the HSK's was approx 55 -58 K.
But yes these wires really do work. RCA's cost approx 190 $ Retail Each and Approx 180 $ for both my Stinger Battery Terminals.(possibly can be found cheaper online but this is what i paid as i had no time to order online)

Also not to forget is the Connection Audison Speaker Wire and Power wire.I think its a combination of different things bro LBM.Much better Speaker cable and RCA's and also the most important the Main Power Wire.I think a lot of my DB gain is because of my super Stable voltage which just stays at 13.8 so i think my amps produce more power at that voltage and hence im getting a much better overall end result.

What ever the reasons...For me i still cant belive i got 9 DB but i did.Even the point of measurement was the same. As in the DB meter was kept in the same place before and after. I went through the trouble of all this just to appease my mind that i was getting some return in terms of sound on my investment of almost 60 K and boy oh boy was i shocked to see this much of a gain.
All in all my baby really sounds alive and bright now.Thank you again everyone. Would never have known anything had it not been for all you guys.
Big Thanx Sir's JB , Gunbir , Navinji , Sam and LBM and Hydrashok and everyone else .

P.S Mods please correct the spelling in the header of the post. I made a mistake. Its Connection Audison and not Connection Audion. Thank you.

Last edited by Tool : 9th June 2007 at 09:16.
Old 9th June 2007, 09:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

Techinacally 9 db gain is not possible....but if you are getting it then it is a very nice thing to hear.....enjoy...

If possible can you drop down to the Mini meet happening in your town and some members from out of town are there....would love to hear you ICE setup....

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 9th June 2007 at 09:30.
Old 9th June 2007, 09:42   #7
BHPian

Wow. if you say so then i belive it bro.. i will double check my figures asap.But measurements were taken at pretty much max volume and thats where the DB gain was most apparent.
But i will double check my figures. Also could be because of bad wire. My front speakers sound alive now...So anyways whatever the reason .. im getting a phenominal result.
When is the mini meet bro ? id love to make it if i can. Expecting my HSK's either today or monday so if they come then i will be installing them asap ,so car might not be audible condition but
whatever the case id love to make it. when and where ?
boom
Old 9th June 2007, 10:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-mumbai-3.html

check the above link....
Old 9th June 2007, 10:57   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool View Post
My old wires must have been CRAP.complete wiring upgrade was approx 55 -58 K
Whoa. Tool I'm not discussing your improvement, neither doubting your choice of cabling equipment. All best in the business.

But umm.. What is the value of your system excluding your current cabling?
Do you think that your 60,000/- rupees wiring upgrade makes sense given what equipment you have in the car? This is a genuine question.
Old 9th June 2007, 12:31   #10
Team-BHP Support

Tool. If the wires cost 60K I would assume the total cost of teh system should be in the range of 4-6L.
Old 9th June 2007, 13:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

60k for wires ? 60k is really very much only for wires i think. What is your current setup and what are you upgrading ? does the wires really improve 9 db ? if yes than its great..

btw can you post the pictures of your old wiring ?
Old 9th June 2007, 16:25   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

If I remember correctly, last year Tool had an alpine/blaupunkt/hertz setup with a pair of IDQ woofers. Maybe he's changed his sytem since then.

Tool, can I request you to give us your current system details?
Quote:
had measured db levels before i took it for wiring and after wiring with the same speakers and same EQ settings and same track on same cd at the same volume on HU , i see a gain of 8.79 DB .. simply amazing !!
Truly it is amazing. Almost a 9dB gain is no mean feat. I've never seen something like it, given that its the same cd, same song, same eq settings and same speakers, a 9dB rise in sound level, is incredible to say the least.
Old 9th June 2007, 19:55   #13
BHPian

hello everyone... still the same system... only change is now instead of blaupunkts component rears i have got me 2 sets of new HERTZ hsk's for my car. My old hertz i now in mom's car. As for the 9 DB yes i did see that change but im still curious as to why that happened.Like everyone is saying it cant be possible so now im thinking that maybe my cables had gone bad ... hence the increse in DB with new wiring..
Been collecting cables for almost 3 months npow for this upgrade.. and yes Sam Sir.. 60 K is a lot on a system thats worth 2.5-3 lakh ..But the way i see it .. im set now for my new car.. getting the RS so you could call this a upgrade for the RS but currently they are in my esteem. so yep Sir sam 60 K did make sense to me.
Also not to forget i have paid this much becuase i didnt buy online.Online is much cheaper but well i didnt have the time to order.Saw in shop and paid retail price !!the Stingers were an impulsive buy but i like . I got these wires basicaqlly thinking about my skoda and the setup in it. With Cables i dont like to cut back.Buy the best.. use them forever
Thats about it folks.. Boom
Old 11th June 2007, 01:06   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool View Post
I got these wires basicaqlly thinking about my skoda and the setup in it. With Cables i dont like to cut back.Buy the best.. use them forever
Thats about it folks.. Boom

If i were you, I'd get my RS first & then buy these expensive cables. Anyway, good luck & happy listening.
cheers
Old 11th June 2007, 03:11   #15
BHPian

already have a RS bro..Just belongs to my DAD .. Soon to be mine

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks