Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2008, 15:48   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Hi People,

Need some advice which is related to this thread,so I thought Id pop in my question.

My 800 has been running on the stock battery since September 2006 (almost 2 years now).

My car has run about 19k kms. Ice runs for about 1.5 t0 2 hours per day on an average.

Should I be ready for a battery change sometime in the near future? Or is it too early for my battery to start protesting?

Also, is there any specific place Bangalore BHPians source their batteries from?
As per your details the battery can run for another 1-2years without any problem, no need to worry be happy with the one you have in your car now.

If at all you are looking for a change go for the Amaron...
Old 11th August 2008, 16:38   #47
RAC
BHPian

Hi
Any negative reviews about Bosch silver...batteries.
I need to change the battery for Alto in a day or two. I am trying to choose between Bosch and Prestolite. The OEM was Exide and it's just completed 4 years.

The quote for exide battery is 3950.00 net (after exchange of old battery) and Prestolite for 2500.00.

Prestolite is with 18 months warranty and with no pro-rata warranty after that period.

The reason for not choosing exide is:
1) cost - more that one and half times
2) the OEM set lasted 4 years for alto std model. 3.5 years of use without any accessories and ICE in last 6 month. I think this is the same as can be expected from other brands.

I have been using Prestolite in UNO (Diesel) and very happy with the performance. I use the car very sparingly and that means running the car probably one or twice a week and still it cranks/starts at one go.

Ps: I don't wish to try Amaron. So it's between Bosch and Prestolite.

Looking for reviews on Bosch. Also if someone can mention cost of Bosch battery model for Alto.

Thanks

Last edited by RAC : 11th August 2008 at 16:41.
Old 11th August 2008, 16:40   #48
RAC
BHPian

...deleted.....double posting :-)

Last edited by RAC : 11th August 2008 at 16:41. Reason: posted twice
Old 11th August 2008, 19:21   #49
BHPian

My Amaron ran 5 yrs+ without a hitch - and even when I changed it, it was still in good condition.
Old 11th August 2008, 19:31   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC View Post
Hi

Ps: I don't wish to try Amaron. So it's between Bosch and Prestolite.
I doubt very much you would get any negative reviews of the Bosch Silver Battery, it really is a first-class product.
However, like I've said earlier, it is made using Bosch technology but by Amara Raja, the same people who make Amaron. And the batteries cost as much, if not more than Amaron.
Plus your prestolite quote is pretty low. I'd say go for it.
Old 14th August 2008, 15:31   #51
RAC
BHPian

Update. The dealer did not have stock of the particular model. He sourced it form the company. It took 2 days and finally it was delivered and installed at home this morning.

The brand is Prestolite and finally I paid 2450.00 for the Alto battery.
Old 27th December 2009, 13:02   #52
BHPian

Urgent Help Required!

My Hyundai Tucson's battery conked this morning while I'm at Bangalore for a short trip. I'm unable to read the specs of the old battery due to lack of tools to lift the battery. To add to my trouble, most of the battery shops are closed today being a sunday.

I'm trying to buy Amaron or Bosch battery as replacement, but unable to get any details online about batteries for Tucson.

Hyundai owner's manual just says CMF 90AH. Is it 90 Ampere Hour?

Any idea about the details of compatible Amaron or Bosch battery and approximate cost.

One dealer quoted Rs. 7800 (with exchange of old battery) for Amaron Pro. Is this a fair quote?
Old 27th December 2009, 13:29   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
My Hyundai Tucson's battery conked this morning while I'm at Bangalore for a short trip. I'm unable to read the specs of the old battery ...
Hyundai owner's manual just says CMF 90AH. Is it 90 Ampere Hour?
CMF 90AH probably means (Dry) Charged Maintenance Free 90 Ampere Hour. Also, check the dimensions of the replacement battery. If it is about same as the OEM, then capacity should also be similar. I looked up Hyundai Canada website where they mention ~68AH battery for a Petrol Tucson, hence, 90AH for a diesel sounds about right. The rate quoted for Amaron for 90AH also looks OK to me.

Btw, Safari DiCOR 2.2 has 80AH battery. So Tucson Diesel should be similarly spec'd.

Hope it helps,
-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 27th December 2009 at 13:48. Reason: added info abt safari battery
Old 27th December 2009, 15:03   #54
BHPian

I have changed my three years Indica's battery yesterday only. Original brand was Exide maintenance free. I have kept the brand same but this time without "maintenance free" one. I paid Rs.3800 with exchange of old one.
Old 27th December 2009, 15:26   #55
BHPian

Thanks BJ96...I'll report back after discussion with the dealer.
Old 28th December 2009, 11:33   #56
BHPian

Guys, the battery on my Palio 1.6 conked out yesterday. Need to buy a new one urgently. Need some suggestions please regarding the brand (OEM was Exide), approx cost, specs for the palio etc. Which one would have the better service back-up? That is one thing that I liked about Exide. But the fact that I needed the BatMobile twice in less than 2 years is a definite negative.....

PS: What is the difference between DIN44 and DIN50?
Old 28th December 2009, 12:16   #57
BHPian

New battery for Santro

I'm looking to replace the stock Exide battery on my santro. This battery is almost 5 yrs old and still in working condition. The problem I face with it is that sometimes it doesnt crank the engine ON and repeated cranks worsens the situation. If we leave the car idle for a few minutes and then crank the car starts. The same happens even when the car is run for 10kms continuously (driven without AC & ICE) and shutdown for 5-10 mins and cranked again.

1. I know 5 yrs is a long period for a battery but the only thing which puzzles me is that the car works fine 80% of the time. Has the battery is become too old to get charged ?
2. Will continuing with the same battery put more load on the alternator and stress it ?
3. I have 2 amplifiers and sub as a part of my ICE setup and they come ON everytime the HU is switched ON. I was thinking of going for a battery with amp higher ratings than the stock. Is this advisable ? If so what are the available options ?

Thanks
Old 28th December 2009, 12:50   #58
BHPian

*BUMP*

The OEM battery kis rated at DIN50, which I guess is 50Ah. If I decide to use a DIN44 (44Ah), will it be a problem? What should the approx price of either of these (amaron/ exide)?
Old 28th December 2009, 12:57   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
I'm looking to replace the stock Exide battery on my santro. This battery is almost 5 yrs old and still in working condition. The problem I face with it is that sometimes it doesnt crank the engine ON and repeated cranks worsens the situation. If we leave the car idle for a few minutes and then crank the car starts. The same happens even when the car is run for 10kms continuously (driven without AC & ICE) and shutdown for 5-10 mins and cranked again.

1. I know 5 yrs is a long period for a battery but the only thing which puzzles me is that the car works fine 80% of the time. Has the battery is become too old to get charged ?
2. Will continuing with the same battery put more load on the alternator and stress it ?
3. I have 2 amplifiers and sub as a part of my ICE setup and they come ON everytime the HU is switched ON. I was thinking of going for a battery with amp higher ratings than the stock. Is this advisable ? If so what are the available options ?

Thanks
A 5 year old battery has performed as intended and it is now at the end of its designed life.

Yes, its time to look on for a new battery, else one day you will find yourself strander on road abruptly. I had one such experience, hence better to replace it with a new Amaron.
Old 28th December 2009, 13:09   #60
naughty001

Quote:
Optima is a gamble, either it will work or it wont.
Strange, Here in South Africa i dont think that anyone has reported encountering a dud Optima yet, and lots of guys are using yellow tops even for car audio competition, but the more famous battery specifically for car audiio here is still kinetic. Also, here we get deltec batteries which are licensed copies of AC Delco and are excellent as long as you dont let them run down cos that will damage them and since they are totally sealed you cannot just top up distilled water

if you guys ever encounter AC Delco "maintenance free" batteries there i can wholeheartedly reccomend those.

if you want the best batteries for car audio and really have an over the top system then import yourself a kinetic NSB125

Last edited by naughty001 : 28th December 2009 at 13:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks