Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2009, 17:16   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
One dealer quoted Rs. 7800 (with exchange of old battery) for Amaron Pro. Is this a fair quote?
Had to settle for Amaron FLO (24+24 months warranty) since the top-end PRO variant was not available in the size and rating (90AH) required for Tucson.

Final Purchase Price: Rs.5300 (with exchange of old battery)
Old 30th December 2009, 18:32   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
I'm looking to replace the stock Exide battery on my santro. I have 2 amplifiers and sub as a part of my ICE setup and they come ON everytime the HU is switched ON. I was thinking of going for a battery with amp higher ratings than the stock. Is this advisable ? If so what are the available options ?

Thanks
guys any suggestions on the above ...
Old 6th September 2010, 19:22   #63
Senior - BHPian

Is battery replacement advisable based on time ( eg number of years ) or distance covered ?
Old 6th September 2010, 19:43   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Is battery replacement advisable based on time ( eg number of years ) or distance covered ?
I guess number of years is a closer method to check & replace the battery. But you can get it tested in any Bosch Car Service or Battery Shops & they can advise you on how long the battery can last/when you can think of replacement. I do it this way & it saves unfortunate incidents
Old 20th December 2011, 19:48   #65

Urgent...battery needs replacement, what brand and model??

Hi

I have a Santro Xing which came with OE Exide Freedom battery. The battery lasted 4 yrs and 3 months. The battery is dead no. I need to replace it. There are plenty of options available and the cost varies substantial. Exide has 4 variants for Santro Xing.

Store:&nbsp Santro Xing

The price varies from 3k to 6k. However all the tech specs are not mentioned.

Amaron also has sub labels like PRO, GO, Black etc. The other option being prestolite.

I need advice on which batteries I need to buy. My car has all 4 power windows and autocop installed.

Regards
Madhav
Old 20th December 2011, 21:20   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmaddy
Amaron also has sub labels like PRO, GO, Black etc. The other option being prestolite.

I need advice on which batteries I need to buy. My car has all 4 power windows and autocop installed.

Regards
Madhav
Ordinarily I am not a fan of Exide, but over 4 years is excellent.
Amaron makes great batteries and I am prestolite fan, so your choices all look good.
power windows and central locking has no special requirement.
Old 20th December 2011, 23:13   #67
BHPian

Re: Urgent...battery needs replacement, what brand and model??

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmaddy View Post
Hi

I have a Santro Xing which came with OE Exide Freedom battery. The battery lasted 4 yrs and 3 months. The battery is dead no. I need to replace it. There are plenty of options available and the cost varies substantial. Exide has 4 variants for Santro Xing.

Store:&nbsp Santro Xing

The price varies from 3k to 6k. However all the tech specs are not mentioned.

Regards
Madhav
You should look at battery with better service in your area. I faced a lot of trouble while getting my EXIDE battery replaced under warranty 4 years back since then i never bought EXIDE.I am not saying that the battery is not good.
On the other hand when my amaron battery went down - called up the callcentre and the same day the person took my amaron battery for checkup and charging,i then a got a call that it is faulty and would be replaced,day after it was replaced at my doorstep with a new one
I have Amaron FLO in 2 of my cars and am fully satisfied.
(FLO comes with 48 Months warranty) VFM
I don't know if the pro comes for Santro, i heard it is for car upwards of Swift.
Comes with a 5 year warranty.(3 year replacement warranty + 2 year warranty) and is expensive by around 25% IMO.
I would say go for AMARON FLO - Full VFM.

Last edited by k2max6 : 20th December 2011 at 23:15.
Old 20th December 2011, 23:28   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
You should look at battery with better service in your area. I faced a lot of trouble while getting my EXIDE battery replaced under warranty 4 years back since then i never bought EXIDE.I am not saying that the battery is not good.
On the other hand when my amaron battery went down - called up the callcentre and the same day the person took my amaron battery for checkup and charging,i then a got a call that it is faulty and would be replaced,day after it was replaced at my doorstep with a new one
I have Amaron FLO in 2 of my cars and am fully satisfied.
(FLO comes with 48 Months warranty) VFM
I don't know if the pro comes for Santro, i heard it is for car upwards of Swift.
Comes with a 5 year warranty.(3 year replacement warranty + 2 year warranty) and is expensive by around 25% IMO.
I would say go for AMARON FLO - Full VFM.

I second this. The battery shop guy told me the same about Exide. They supposedly take their own sweet time whereas Amaron service is fast. I got the Amaron Flo for my Ikon just last month, so can't comment on the reliability yet. But, during my search the Pros of Amaron always outweighed the cons.

If you are looking for something with lower budget, I suggest Base. They are cheap compared to the others and provide free home delivery. My Base bike battery is going good for about 5 years now.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 23:37   #69
BHPian

re: Battery needs replacement. Which brand?

What you should know about batteries? check this article

Battery Basics

Buy it. Charge it. Jumpstart it. What
you need to know about car batteries.

Is your car battery at risk?

Selecting the Right Battery

How do you know which battery is right for your vehicle?

Here are some quick tips to help you make the right choice.

Check your vehicle manual for the original equipment manufacturer's recommendations for:

Battery group size

Cold cranking amps (CCA)

Reserve capacity (RC) for your vehicle

Battery group size indicates the battery size that will best fit the physical dimensions of your vehicle. Many vehicles can accommodate more than one group size.

CCA is critical for good cranking ability. It's the number of amps a battery can support for 30 seconds at a temperature of 0 degrees F until the battery voltage drops to unusable levels. A 12V battery with a rating of 600 CCA means the battery will provide 600 amps for 30 seconds at 0 degrees before the voltage falls to 7.20 V (six cells).

RC helps to power your vehicle's electrical system if the alternator fails. It indicates the battery's "staying power" -- how many minutes the battery can supply ample power without falling below the minimum voltage needed to run your vehicle.

In general for both CCA and RC, the higher the number the better. HOWEVER, if you live in a cold climate, the CCA rating should be an important consideration in choosing a battery. Conversely, if you live in a high heat climate, you don't need as much CCA.

If you're looking for a deep cycle battery for marine or RV use, you must consider:

The type of equipment to be powered

The current (amps) needed to run the equipment

The number of hours you'll be using the equipment

Multiply the Amps by the Hours to determine the Amp Hours, or AH, required.

Equipment Current Draw (Amps) x Time(Hours) = AMP Hours
Lights 10 x 5 = 50
Trolling Motor 1 x 5 = 5
Fish Locator 3 x 5 = 15
Radio 1 x 5 = 5
TOTAL 75 AH
Look for a battery that will deliver the required amount of AH for the specified time and voltage. For a safety cushion, increase the number of AH by 20%. To add AH, connect batteries in parallel. To add voltage, connect batteries in a series.

Be careful of products that display only ratings such as Hot Cranking Amps (HCA) or Cranking Amps (CA)

Products that display HCA or CA ratings are tested at higher temperatures, in the case of HCA — 80 degrees — so the resulting numbers appear higher. (CAs are tested at 30°F.) Since these batteries are not as powerful as you might think, what looks like a "bargain" may end up costing you money. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples when looking at ratings. The CCA and RC are the best measure of a battery's true power.

Check for freshness

Learn to interpret battery date codes. Or ask your retailer to make sure you purchase the "freshest" battery available. A battery that has been sitting on the shelf for extended periods can lose some of its charge and may not provide the performance you need during its first use. Long term performance probably won't be compromised however, as the battery can be returned to its original levels of performance with either in-vehicle charging or by using an external charger.

Look for a hassle free warranty

Is the warranty nationwide so you can obtain service wherever you are?

How long is the free replacement period?

After that time, will you be reimbursed for a portion of the battery's cost on a prorated basis?

Consider value as well as price

You might want to get professional advice from your mechanic or retailer at your local parts store before you buy.

Purchase a new battery before your existing one fails

Before you take a long trip, or when you're having your car serviced, have your battery tested. It could save you a lot of time and money down the road.
Happy motoring
Old 21st December 2011, 11:22   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Battery needs replacement. Which brand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAUMASURG View Post
What you should know about batteries? check this article
Hi there Trauma,

It is mandatory for you to quote the source of your article. You should post a link to the original writer of that article. Let's not take away someone's credit.

best,
Sam

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 21st December 2011 at 11:24.
Old 22nd December 2011, 19:55   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I second this. The battery shop guy told me the same about Exide. They supposedly take their own sweet time whereas Amaron service is fast. I got the Amaron Flo for my Ikon just last month, so can't comment on the reliability yet. But, during my search the Pros of Amaron always outweighed the cons.

If you are looking for something with lower budget, I suggest Base. They are cheap compared to the others and provide free home delivery. My Base bike battery is going good for about 5 years now.
Thanks I bought Amaron FLO and got a pretty good deal. They delivered and installed it within 1 hr of calling. Thats swift service. Hopefully it will last as long as they promise....
Old 22nd December 2011, 22:18   #72
Senior - BHPian

Re: Battery needs replacement. Which brand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Hi there Trauma,

It is mandatory for you to quote the source of your article. You should post a link to the original writer of that article. Let's not take away someone's credit.

best,
Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAUMASURG View Post
Equipment Current Draw (Amps) x Time(Hours) = AMP Hours
Lights 10 x 5 = 50
Trolling Motor 1 x 5 = 5
Fish Locator 3 x 5 = 15
Radio 1 x 5 = 5
TOTAL 75 AH
This probably looks like from fishing/boating forum. Trolling motor, Radio ....

75 AH is way too much for a normal car battery. My Ikon came with 30AH battery and I am sure Ford would have done their math.
Old 22nd December 2011, 23:09   #73
BHPian

Even my Innova diesel came with 70 AH battery. 75AH for a santro ?
Old 23rd December 2011, 15:53   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6
Even my Innova diesel came with 70 AH battery. 75AH for a santro ?
what alternator does the car have??? That must be taken into consideration.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks