Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2009, 16:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

Nope. its a specialized piece of kit. tell them you want to connect the speaker output of your HU to an amp, and that your HU doesnt have Line/Pre outs, and you want the adapter for that. IMHO it costs more than it is worth .

Stop hypothesizing and go look at the rear of that cassette player

Last edited by greenhorn : 20th April 2009 at 16:55.
Old 20th April 2009, 17:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

If tis more than its worth Ill drop the fad. Ill install the cassette HU separately it costs less and fulfills my quirk too. Now troubling you slightly more can I run an AMP from both these HU's? That way I can run all my speakers from the amp and the amp from these two HU's. is it possible?
Old 20th April 2009, 17:10   #48
Senior - BHPian

for the last time(you're driving me up the wall here ) have a look at the rear of the cassette HU and see if there is some sort of pre out. Post a shot of it if you are not sure
Old 20th April 2009, 17:27   #49
Senior - BHPian

Lolz roger mate, Ill post a shot of it tomorrow. And please be patient there are many like me around. Hehe.
Old 20th April 2009, 18:22   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
The DVD HU is JVC KD DV6200 and it has an AUX IN. The cassette player HU is also JVC unit from a Chrysler Jeep so not sure about the model though. ...
Arey baba, if you have the unit physically with you, you should be able to read it off the labels stuck on it. I am sure you will be able to figure out the model number and locate the user / installation manual on the 'net.

Like, the manual of your DVD player is here, and that shows that the DVD player has a Line-In facility hanging out of the box as a pair of RCA sockets.
Old 21st April 2009, 09:34   #51
Senior - BHPian

I did search for the manual but its all in Japenese. The model is JVC KS-RX757. The pictures are below. I can deal with almost anything mechanical but its electronics that get me foxed, so you guys have to guide me with patience and indulgence. Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
ICE for Indigo Marina-dsc02637.jpg  

ICE for Indigo Marina-dsc02638.jpg  

ICE for Indigo Marina-dsc02640.jpg  

ICE for Indigo Marina-dsc02641.jpg  

ICE for Indigo Marina-dsc02642.jpg  

ICE for Indigo Marina-dsc02643.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 21st April 2009, 10:20   #52
Senior - BHPian

Hey, those like a set of pre outs. Check if you are getting a signal out of it.

EDIT : was there any sort of wiring guidelines, on the underneath or on the side?

was there some kind of source selector? to select, say a CD changer , or the front aux input

Now I'm confused. maybe those were the inputs from the CD changer.

In that case , try DVD player Pre out -> aux in of cassette HU -> 4 speakers. clarity might be less since the older HU's amp is being used.

Last edited by greenhorn : 21st April 2009 at 10:37.
Old 21st April 2009, 10:49   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Nope. its a specialized piece of kit. tell them you want to connect the speaker output of your HU to an amp, and that your HU doesnt have Line/Pre outs, and you want the adapter for that. IMHO it costs more than it is worth .
why not get an amp with speaker level inputs?
Old 21st April 2009, 10:53   #54
Senior - BHPian

will the amp mix the signals from the line level and speaker level ins together ?
Old 21st April 2009, 10:59   #55
Senior - BHPian

Nopes nothing on the sides or underneath. Some of the cables in the rear upper right hand have paper tags on them in Japanese. There is a front AUX IN and also a FUNC selector which you can see in the front profile picture.
If you are confused guess what it is doing to me.

How do I check for a signal out of the alleged preouts?

Last edited by wanderernomad : 21st April 2009 at 11:00.
Old 21st April 2009, 13:33   #56
Senior - BHPian

Mods could you please merge this thread " http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gurus/51426-piggybacking-existing-jvc-dvd-player.html" with this one. Thanks.
Old 21st April 2009, 13:57   #57
Senior - BHPian

I checked the model number, but the only decent information on this model is in the JVC Japan site FAQ (where there are questions like how to connect an external portable CD player etc.)

1. The red, white and black connectors in pic 3 (the one that @greenhorn has quoted) - are they coming out of the connector on the bottom right connector in pic 1?
2. If so, what is connected to the black cable that leads out of the bottom LEFT in pic 1? (Top right connector in pic 1 are the DC 12V, GND, etc. wires)
3. The red and white sockets in pic 3 (black looks like Antenna In) look like the audio-in from the CD changer

From your pics, it doesn't look like KS-RX757 has Pre-out. So the only solution at the moment is @greenhorn's solution: use a speaker-level to line-level converter. Should not be difficult to find in Delhi - PM LBM, he might be able to suggest where this can be available.
Old 21st April 2009, 14:26   #58
Senior - BHPian

The red white and black connectors are infact on the upper left side of the unit. Along with these three there are 4 wires too (2 blue ones with a white stripe, 1 each of solid blue and pink).
Black connector on left bottom in picture one is infact the right upper corner and is the antenna in.
Ok then if i get my hands on this speaker level to line level connector, what wires will be used to connect?
Old 21st April 2009, 16:36   #59
Senior - BHPian

If JVC maintains conventions (even if their own), we should expect the following pairs of wires to be coming out of one of the rectangular connectors of the RX757:
* White (+) and White with Black stripe - Front Left speaker connection
* Grey (+) and Grey with Black stripe - Front Right speaker connection
* Green (+) and Green with Black stripe - Rear Left speaker connection
* Purple (+) and Purple with Black stripe - Rear Right speaker connection

The converter will have 4 pins into which the first 2 pairs as above should be connected.
Old 21st April 2009, 16:46   #60
Senior - BHPian

So basically it means that unless I get that convertor the system wont work in tandem with the DVD HU.
Now about the other set up I had in mind. If I give separate power to both the HU's and connect both of them to an AMP. Then run all my speakers through the AMP. Is it possible then to regulate the input to the amp through a toggle switch?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks