Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2018, 01:37   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Underseat Subwoofers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I have noticed the under-seat subwoofer saves a lot of real estate in a 'sub-4 meter car' where space is at a premium. Installed the Pioneer-TS WX210A, in my Tata Nexon and realised slightly better mids. Not a whopping change though, but a good experiment nevertheless.
hey Sebring, I am a bit surprised that you didn't find appreciable difference. I did a recent upgrade too with underseat sub and found difference fairly significant. Ofcourse its not at par with a boxed sub but still much better. My review is at link below. Maybe its just the setting?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4339645
Old 29th January 2018, 20:19   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hi, thanks for the link.

It's good no doubt. Not as good as the big ones in the boot I was used to, thats all. Does the job neatly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
hey Sebring, I am a bit surprised that you didn't find appreciable difference. I did a recent upgrade too with underseat sub and found difference fairly significant. Ofcourse its not at par with a boxed sub but still much better. My review is at link below. Maybe its just the setting?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4339645
Old 29th January 2018, 21:16   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, thanks for the link.

It's good no doubt. Not as good as the big ones in the boot I was used to, thats all. Does the job neatly.
Yes. exactly in line with my findings as well. Its fills the bottom end but doesnt shake the car. Depends what you expected before buying
Old 22nd October 2018, 11:10   #64
BHPian

* I added an underseat subwoofer to my Fiesta yesterday. I had changed my head unit a few weeks ago and found that the original system was better tuned to generate bass but the new one wasn't. This is the Sony XAV AX3000 head unit I'm taking about.

* I added the Nippon underseat yesterday and was happy with the change in the sound quality overall. It will not give the thump that the usual tubes would give, but it will give that extra definition to the sound.

* The difference is largely felt when you listen to songs like Kya kare kya na kare from Rangeela or the Dil Se title track.

* The JBL was probably a bit better, but i decided to stick to my budget.

Overall really happy with the purchase..a worthy upgrade to your existing setup for sure..

But I wanted to know if anyone who has an underseat subwoofer installed has got any detailed pics of the installation. I tried checking on the internet and on TBHP as well but couldn't find any.
The reason I'm asking is because this morning I found my car struggle with the first crank. Now, I'm certain that the power to the sub goes off as i remove the key. But this certainly seems like a power drain to me. The red wire goes straight to the battery and then there should be a blue wire that goes to the HU as well so the base will be powered only and only when the key is in the ACC position.
I did not oversee the entire setup being done but this is definitely a problem I foresee ruining my battery.
Any help appreciated.

Last edited by navin : 14th February 2019 at 13:34. Reason: old back to back post.
Old 7th November 2018, 23:55   #65
BHPian

Quote:
I have noticed the under-seat subwoofer saves a lot of real estate in a 'sub-4 meter car' where space is at a premium. Installed the Pioneer-TS WX210A, in my Tata Nexon and realised slightly better mids. Not a whopping change though, but a good experiment nevertheless.
I am also looking to install an underseat subwoofer in my Nexon XZA+. I want to know whether the Harman head unit is easily removable, has the necessary ports etc. Please advice.
Old 8th November 2018, 10:58   #66
Senior - BHPian

It's really tough to get to the underpinnings. So I got a professional installer to fix it buddy. If not dealt c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y, you'll break the plastics. It has necessary ports, not to worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2009 View Post
I am also looking to install an underseat subwoofer in my Nexon XZA+. I want to know whether the Harman head unit is easily removable, has the necessary ports etc. Please advice.
Old 9th February 2019, 02:44   #67
BANNED

Did a DIY Install of Active Underseat Subwoofer in a Honda BRV for a BHPian friend 3 days back. He bought the subwoofer from Amazon US during his trip there.

Subwoofer + Amp wiring kit was priced at $94. Pretty VFM for its size and output. I'm impressed. The package has everything needed for an install.

LINK: Rockville SS8P 400W Slim Underseat subwoofer

Specifications
  • Peak Power 400 Watts
  • RMS Power: 100 Watts
  • Impedance: 2 Ohm
  • Dimensions (L x W X H): 11.4" x 8.3" x 2.8" Inches
  • Frequency Response: 20Hz - 150Hz
  • Signal to Noise Ratio: >90dB
  • Sensitivity: 90dB @ 1w / 1m
  • Input sensitivity, Low level: 300mV
  • Input sensitivity, High level: 1.0V
SOURCE: Rockville Website

Underseat Subwoofers-81ueem9rupl._ac_sl1500_.jpg

Underseat Subwoofers-71sz3vu0l._ac_sl1500_.jpg

Underseat Subwoofers-41whtwb8al._ac_sy400_.jpg
Image source: Amazon.com

Only WIP image that I have
Underseat Subwoofers-img20190206wa0003.jpg

Took us 5 hours to patiently do a proper and clean install. Seats + central panel was removed for ease of work, routing & securing the wires and cables properly and then mounting the subwoofer on an MDF board so it is secure in its place too.

Last edited by a4anurag : 9th February 2019 at 02:52.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2019, 20:11   #68
BHPian

Underseat Subwoofers

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Did a DIY Install of Active Underseat Subwoofer in a Honda BRV for a BHPian friend 3 days back.

Thanks Anurag for helping me out in installing this little gem in my BRV. Even though stock speakers are decent, this has made hell a lot of difference in low end and mid range bass. It was an enriching experience in doing DIY with you and Shoeb. Hope we have many more sessions like these. Hyd ka DIY guru Anurag and Shoeb ripped apart my delicate BRV interiors and I couldn't do anything but watch it anxiously.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th February 2019 at 21:01. Reason: As per request
arun_kun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 01:06   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
Thanks Anurag for helping me out in installing this little gem in my BRV. Even though stock speakers are decent, this has made hell a lot of difference in low end and mid range bass. It was an enriching experience in doing DIY with you and Shoeb. Hope we have many more sessions like these. Hyd ka DIY guru Anurag and Shoeb ripped apart my delicate BRV interiors and I couldn't do anything but watch it anxiously.
please do post your audio quality reviews as well. thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 14:57   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
please do post your audio quality reviews as well. thanks
My main objective was to fit this under the seat(as I do not want to put in trunk) and since it was right size and sits perfectly well under the driver seat. Even though it 8'' sub, it sounds amazing. I was missing that tight thumbs in my audio setup. So this addition has really brought life to low frequencies. It is not crazy loud but definitely sounds clear and does not break while producing good bass. I specially like tight drums it produces when I listen to David Bowie Lazarus. Bottom line is for 95$ and for its size it is totally worth it.

Last edited by arun_kun : 20th February 2019 at 15:10.
arun_kun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2019, 18:29   #71
BHPian

Installed a Kicker Hideaway on my Nexon XZ+. It's installed under the front passenger seat. Inputs and power on trigger were taken from the head unit. Installation took a good 3 hrs by 2 techs who knew what they were doing. Output levels are very good for a compact sub, being a sealed unit bass is clean and not overwhelming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
Installed a Kicker Hideaway on my Nexon XZ+.

Pics during the install:
Attached Thumbnails
Underseat Subwoofers-img_20190613_115839.jpg  

Underseat Subwoofers-img_20190613_115847.jpg  

Underseat Subwoofers-img_20190615_114847.jpg  

Underseat Subwoofers-img_20190613_115851.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th June 2019 at 06:50. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
knaveen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 00:50   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
Installed a Kicker Hideaway on my Nexon XZ+.
What was the price and does it require an additional amplifier. I am not interested to block space in my Endeavour by installing a full size sub, will it be decent enough to generate some low bass.
Old 17th June 2019, 01:24   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
What was the price and does it require an additional amplifier. I am not interested to block space in my Endeavour by installing a full size sub, will it be decent enough to generate some low bass.
It is a powered subwoofer (has an inbuilt amplifier) and being an underseat one, it is compact and will fit in most cars (either under the driver's seat or the passenger's).

Do NOT expect glass-shattering bass from these subwoofers. They are to fill the void (in the sound frequency range that isn't produced well by the factory speakers) at a cost that doesn't hurt the pocket and at the same time makes the listener happy too as the bass is right under.

Regarding connections, it'll need a power wire from the battery with an inline fuse, a ground connection (to the chassis) and input connections from a high-level source or an RCA type if the subwoofer supports.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 06:29   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Roby, the other option would be to get a 5 channel amp - 4 to drive the 4 speakers, and the 5th to drive a compact sub-woofer. I have this kind of set up in my Storme. A 12 inch Infinity shallow sub in a custom box. The box is twice the size of the powered subs we see in the pics here, but definitely better than the regular sub's.

However, The 5-channel amp will cost a bit. The shallow sub's are not very expensive. The powered sub's are not as expensive as the combo I mentioned here, but the bass put out will be little lesser too.

Like Anurag said, this is not for the SPL type setups, but more to get in a little more bass in the output.

Last edited by condor : 17th June 2019 at 06:31.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 09:51   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Like others said this is a powered sub and no amp is required. Cost is about 35k in India, got it through a friend in the US. Bass is good, not as much as a full enclosure but good enough that you feel the lows.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks