Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2007, 15:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Get an ES250

Its a 10incher
YouTube - hertz es250
Nice Video, Nice Display Image, so you still have your fingers ? or the doberman has digested them by now .
Old 18th August 2007, 16:16   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Get an ES250

Its a 10incher
YouTube - hertz es250
but it is not in a spare wheel install..
Old 18th August 2007, 16:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
but it is not in a spare wheel install..
Nope it's not, it was just a suggestion by JK.
So JK where are the fingers ??
Old 18th August 2007, 17:23   #34
BHPian

i had put in some comments..but it never got posted :(. So reposting.

ok..so the sub is in and I will have to cut down the HU cost a bit. I was googlying and found 2 more HUs with front usb. Clarion VRX375USB and KENWOOD KDC-MP435U. Any inputs on its performance and price ??

Thanks
askids
Old 18th August 2007, 19:33   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askids View Post
i had put in some comments..but it never got posted :(. So reposting.

ok..so the sub is in and I will have to cut down the HU cost a bit. I was googlying and found 2 more HUs with front usb. Clarion VRX375USB and KENWOOD KDC-MP435U. Any inputs on its performance and price ??

Thanks
askids
Correction Clarion DXZ575USB and Kenwood KENWOOD KDC-MP435U.
Old 3rd December 2008, 05:28   #36
BHPian

ICE setup for Santro

Hi All,

I originally started a similar thread last year to do a basic ICE setup for my 2007 Santro Xing XO. But due to work commitments, I had to travel out leaving the ICE setup pending. Now that I am back, I intend to complete the ICE setup in next 2 weeks. I have got the Sony HU CDX-GT820IP (17W rms, with 3 pre-amp out) and the sub woofer Kenwood KFC-W3011 (12", 400W rms @ 4Ohm). I had ordered the Boss Chaos Extreme edition monoblock amp CX2500D. But because of some delivery problems, the amplifier arrived a day late after I had left. So I just have the HU and sub to start with.

I intend to fit the speakers at the OEM location. So would like you gurus to suggest speakers that would fit in these locations (even if with some kind of fitting/cutting work/installation). Normally I have seen component speakers in front and co-axial at rear type of settings in most of the Xing setups. So please suggest me the appropriate speakers along with model numbers and price.

I had intended to run the speakers off HU along with amp for the sub. If I should go otherwise, please advise. Also for the sub, should I go for a ported box or an enclosed box? Also, please suggest the amplifier to be used for this particular sub?

Any damping that is required? I live in Mangalore. But can get it installed in Mysore/Bangalore if required. So please suggest me some well reputed dealer location to get this install completed.

To summarize,
I have following
Sony HU - CDX-GT820IP
Kenwood KFC-W3011 (12", 400W rms @ 4Ohm)

Need
front and rear speaker recommendations (model no and price)
monoblock amp for my sub
amp for my speakers (is it required???)
Damping suggestion/recommendation
Additional cost to be considered

My budget 10-12K,but I can strech a bit more if required.

Thanks for your help
aski
Old 3rd December 2008, 09:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

10-12 k and speakers and amp and monoblock and damping.

Dude , thats not going to happen.
You will have to increase it.

Or instead go with the following.

A 4 channel amp.
Set of components for the front

Power the components with 2 channels and the sub with the rest 2.

Try out JBL components JBL-608c ( around 4-5k) if you dont want to spend much on the components part.

For amp , try a JBL 1004e. Pretty good ( Around 10k)
Old 3rd December 2008, 09:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

lol, a good monoblock would fill your entire budget

I say buy some good 4" coax for the fronts ( or comps, doesn't matter a lot)

if you are ready to cut the door panels, get some good components. ( but along with a 4 ch amp, it may push your install overbudget)

either way, with a sub and amped fronts, you are better off with some damping too. thats why I recommended coax's. remember to buy something with a healthy power handling figure !

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ce-santro.html is this your earlier thread ?
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:25   #39
Senior - BHPian

Instead of Monoblock, go for a 4 channel amp + front comps for now. Put in rear fills and a mono later. You can go for JBL comps + JBL GT5-604 amp. Should fit in 10/12k easily.
Old 4th December 2008, 13:55   #40
BHPian

You can get a good 4 channel amp like the Kenwood KAC8401 for around 5.5k and a good pair of components - Bull Audio, JBL, etc. for around 5-6k for the front, no need for rear speakers for a car of the size of Santro. Bridge 2 channels of the amp to drive the sub and use the remaining 2 channels to drive the front components.Wiring and installation should cost you another 3k and you will be able to get pretty decent sounding set-up within your budget.
Old 5th December 2008, 19:16   #41
BHPian

Thanks for your responses. I had typed in my reply earlier but could not post it as my comp crashed. Ok coming back to the topic, I was thinking of using bridged connection with a 4 channel amp, but for high rms wattage of my sub (400w rms @ 4 ohm).

Now that I will have to cut corners inorder to be within budget, I am thinking of leaving the sub woofer out for now and just go with speakers and 2/4 channel amp.

Also looks like I wont be able to travel to Blore with my car because its needed for some personal reasons back here. I went for local window shopping today and found that choices are limited here. So I am guessing that I/my friend will have to shop in Blore, but get it installed here itself.

To give you an idea about the prices here, in one of the shops JBL CS60.2amp was quoted for 5.9K. I dont know if this is the average price or what? So let me know.

Also, I would highly appreciate you mentioning the model numbers for speakers because I would need it when I go shopping. The local shop wallas told me, go for oval speakers. No model number..nothing. When I asked for the model number, he told me the brand names :lol I somehow controlled my laugh.

So to summarize once again, I need the model no and prices for
Components for front - JBL 608C - 5K
coaxial for back - JBL ??? (ilovefls said that its not required. I want something 4 or 5" speakers that will fit in the OEM place. Not bothered too much about the speaker size)
4 channel amp - JBL CS60.4, GT5-60.4, Sony, Kenwood and other options, price - ???

Thanks
Old 6th December 2008, 01:59   #42
BHPian

I would suggest to go for good components up front and a sub at the rear, no need for speakers at the rear,even more so since it is a Santro. Save the money and get some good quality damping done.
Old 10th December 2008, 10:41   #43
BHPian

ICE for Santro Xing

Kosh4u,

Please repost your post without the Font and text formatting.
- Navin
Old 10th December 2008, 12:18   #44
BHPian

Sorry Navin. I had typed in part of the post on Word & then copied. Will keep in mind next time onwards.

I have gone through this thread...glad that I did so. Though I’ve read through basic ICE for Santro, I do need help on few things for my '06 Santro Xing.
Currently I have a Blaupunkt Brighton MP 35 unit in my car (which came along with the car), with front & rear speakers (both not blaupunkt!!), in stock positions. I agree it's pretty average setup but blaupunkt sounds pretty decent to my ears.
I drive quite a lot on daily basis, so decent quality music is a big must.
Though I listen to all kinds of genres, more often than not it's Soft/Classical rock, Pop, Country, World, Dance/Techno and at times Oldies (depending on my mood & not necessarily in that order). Hard rock & Metal doesnt work for me during driving.
Goes without saying that during driving I love music that easy, pleasant on ears & not too loud.
I know that all you Gurus dont really recommend stock positions (especially in the rear with that strangling plastic cover!). However I would prefer to keep it simple & stick to stock positions, in rear & front.
No subwoofer for me either, as I really dont feel the need in a small car like Santro (keeping in mind my music preferences).
No offence meant whatsoever to those who prefer otherwise - it's purely a personal choice (and that of my wallet as well!)

I am looking at few options -
1. Keep Blaupunkt Brighton MP 35. Go in for new good quality speakers for front & rear (and go for an Amp some time later)
2. Keep Blaupunkt Brighton MP 35. Go in for an Amp + new set speakers for front & rear.
3. Go in for a new HU, along with new good quality speakers for front & rear (go for an Amp some time later)
Based on the above options, please advice -
1. Front & Rear Speaker specs (size, type & make/model)
2. Amp specs (output, make/model), Front & Rear Speaker specs (size, type & make)
3. HU make/model; Front & Rear Speaker specs (size, type & make)
I am not an audiophile & I am totally a novice as far ICE is concerned… please excuse me if this do sound very basic. I’ll try to imbibe as much & improve without being naive ;-)
Old 11th December 2008, 10:55   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh4u View Post
Currently I have a Blaupunkt Brighton MP 35 with front & rear speakers (both not blaupunkt!!), in stock positions.
However I would prefer to keep it simple & stick to stock positions, in rear & front.
I am looking at few options -
1. Keep Blaupunkt Brighton MP 35. Go in for new good quality speakers for front & rear (and go for an Amp some time later)
2. Keep Blaupunkt Brighton MP 35. Go in for an Amp + new set speakers for front & rear.
3. Go in for a new HU, along with new good quality speakers for front & rear (go for an Amp some time later)
Front and rear speakers: Listen to as many brands as you can in your budget and a few that are a bit more. Some brands like Blaupunkt, Pioneer, and JBL are better distributed than others like Hertz, Bull and Illusion. If you read these forums you will get a fair idea on which brands are liked here.

Amp: For about 6-7K you can get a decent 4 ch. amp. I think this will make the biggest difference to yor current setup. With the amp you also need to budget about 3K for good RCA wires and a noise free installation.

HU: Pioneer and JVC seem to be your best bets in the budget space, you can also audition Kenwood and Alpine and other less well distriuted brands like Clarion or Panasonic.

When you audition take your own CDs, a pad and some paper to take notes, and a lot of patience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks