Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2008, 13:57   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Poona motors / Music corner have these ready made sealed enclosure by Bassworks / BaassFx retailing for about Rs. 1,500/- for 12" subs. They also have a terminal plug making it easy for removing your sub when you have excessive luggage.
hmm will talk to karim..i have fitted everything from him.
Old 25th March 2008, 14:23   #107
BHPian

Quote:
They also have a terminal plug making it easy for removing your sub when you have excessive luggage.
Any idea how much will it cost as I am looking for it so that I can remove my subs when needed.
Old 25th March 2008, 14:31   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_ranjan View Post
Any idea how much will it cost as I am looking for it so that I can remove my subs when needed.
u can but it for 50-100 rs from any shop who makes sound boxes and make a hole to ur box and put it. make sure they are good quality ones.
Old 25th March 2008, 14:33   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
hmm will talk to karim..i have fitted everything from him.
Cool. He should have those boxes in stock. When you meet him next give him my best regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_ranjan View Post
Your box already has this. Don't worry.
Old 25th March 2008, 14:43   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks I thought it was not there and I needed one.
Old 25th March 2008, 15:25   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cool. He should have those boxes in stock. When you meet him next give him my best regards.

ya that i always do.
Old 12th April 2008, 11:49   #112
Team-BHP Support

Here are a few upgrades / additions I have planned for this month and the next month. The reason is a very good friend of mine likes some bollywood dance numbers straight out of N_C's iPod. I don't know where she managed to hear all those deadly dance numbers but I like to see her dance to those tunes. My audio wiring is apparently shorting somewhere and over a volume of 20 I have strange electrical noises coming into the speakers and there is no music at all. Now my friend has a habit of turning up the volume to the max and I cannot ask her not to until I hear *$%#*%*&^@ from the speakers :(. It got really embarrassing yesterday. Here's the plan:

- Upgrade to a single 0/2 gauge wire from the battery to the back seat and use a distribution block and feed my existing JBL 75.4 and another mono (TBD) with 4 gauge wires.
- Mono amp for the sub since the second 75.4 I used for the sub is sold. I might consider to buy a 75.4 again OR - use either of -

:: Ground Zero :: Amplifier / GZTA 2.500TX

OR

Audiobahn A12001DT - Class D Monoblock Amplifier with Bass Remote • 2400W Max • 1200W RMS @ 1 ohm • Blue Digital Volt Meter Display • Dual Cooling Fans • 4-way protection circuitry • Variable Low-Pass Crossover: 50-150Hz • Cobalt blue illumination (w

I loved the specs of the Audiobahn but don't really know how good it is. I might just consider buying another sub to load this amp to 1 ohm but sadly the Illusion EL12 is still not out and I won't settle for anything less unless I can afford the Carbons.

- Damping the boot and the rear doors. Some damping required for the B pillars as well.

- I was also looking at getting RCA's made to custom lengths since my existing RCA's are creating a wire mesh in the boot and its an ugly sight thanks to my DIY efforts. I saw Supra RCA's with Neutrik terminations but Rs. 750/- per meter is quite expensive. Any other suggestions?

- The existing subwoofer box will be replaced with a new box 1 cu. ft and will have a Speakon terminal for making my life easier to remove the sub when I have my niece traveling with me.

- Finally if someone can help me get fibreglass pods custom made for my speakers in the front doors in Pune / Bombay or even ship it from Bangalore, I'll be obliged.
Old 12th April 2008, 11:54   #113
BHPian

If you're planning to get Neutrik connectors, beware! There are a LOT of fakes in the market! I can give you the contact details of the official neutrik distributor in Pune if you want. He also stocks speakon connectors. More than anything else, you need to find a good person to solder the terminals and make sure he uses good solder wire.

Last edited by shrivz : 12th April 2008 at 11:55.
Old 12th April 2008, 13:12   #114
Team-BHP Support

Shreeooz, help me build a box as well please. I think we should get a huge sheet and get about 5 boxes made with nice connectors and all. What say? We can ask the carpenter to do some bracing as well?
Old 13th April 2008, 14:07   #115
Team-BHP Support

Guys, I need some suggestions here

1) Brand of 0/2 gauge cable to use.
2) What amperage of fuse block to have in this circuit.
3) Distribution block 0/2 in - 2x4 ga. out? Which one to use?
4) Amp choice between the Audiobahn and Ground Zero?
Old 13th April 2008, 14:14   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Shreeooz, help me build a box as well please. I think we should get a huge sheet and get about 5 boxes made with nice connectors and all. What say? We can ask the carpenter to do some bracing as well?

What do you need 5 boxes for???

When are you getting around to doing the fibre glass pod for the front doors? I need to do the same for my car as well..since I butchered the front door
Old 13th April 2008, 14:37   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
What do you need 5 boxes for???
Of course for 5 different subs to be put in for competing LBM's single sub.

Quote:
When are you getting around to doing the fibre glass pod for the front doors? I need to do the same for my car as well..since I butchered the front door

Yaar, someone should teach me how to and I'll need to learn carpentry for doing this. How about asking Blueraven from Bangalore to do this for us?
Old 13th April 2008, 18:24   #118
Senior - BHPian

Uh, MF. What gear do you currently own? I recall you selling some gear earlier. Please refresh.
Old 13th April 2008, 18:28   #119
Team-BHP Support

Everything except one JBL GTO 75.4:

moralfibre's Gallery Hall
Old 14th April 2008, 07:45   #120
Team-BHP Support

This is what I intend to do to my ugly looking front doors. Simple and practical.
Attached Thumbnails
Illusionized My Palio - Mindblowing SQ!-leftdoor7lb.jpg  

Illusionized My Palio - Mindblowing SQ!-tx2006sz.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 14th April 2008 at 07:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks