Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2007, 14:14   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Bhai mere, from a layman point of view....authophile says that the formula is correct, difference lies is the controlled environment.

just like ford fiesta gives 32kmpl in some other conditions (controlled environment) and while daily use it doesnt return more than 13-14 kmpl. FE calculation formula remains similar, difference is in the environments that account for the difference.
Hmm panky your example does not fit the sensitivity part...to much of variables..

I think if the formula is correct then the comparison is on true basis and real picture is shown. And I challenge that If somebody prove me wrong I will never visit this forum again.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 29th August 2007 at 14:31.
Old 29th August 2007, 14:38   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Hmm panky your example does not fit the sensitivity part...to much of variables..

I think if the formula is correct then the comparison is on true basis and real picture is shown. And I challenge that If somebody prove me wrong I will never visit this forum again.
ahhh! take it easy bhaiya....why do you get personal....you are a good, selfless, knowledgable person and a better one at heart. i know a few people who sweared that they wont come again on this forum, but i can see them posting all over.... aapne toh wahi baat kar dee "presenting....Cheetah chaap kesar.... naklee sabit karne wale ko 1 lakh rupayee inaam diya jayega" aur neeche chota chota likha hota hai (conditions apply ki tarah)...."note:hum aajtak 25 lakh de chuke hain."

i just presented my layman opinion. sorry it offended you in anyways bro!
Old 29th August 2007, 14:42   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
He is just debating that some apply higher wattage while measurement, or lower distance (less practical).
actually B&T, I have seen some specs that do read "1W/0.5m". cant remember where.
Old 29th August 2007, 14:44   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
ahhh! take it easy bhaiya....why do you get personal....you are a good, selfless, knowledgable person and a better one at heart. i know a few people who sweared that they wont come again on this forum, but i can see them posting all over..i just presented my layman opinion. sorry it offended you in anyways bro!
I did not meant to you Sir...but the Cheetah chaap kesar is some good stuff...

And I know who you are referring to.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 29th August 2007 at 14:46.
Old 29th August 2007, 14:45   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
actually B&T, I have seen some specs that do read "1W/0.5m". cant remember where.
I understand, sir. What I meant to say is that most people (I am assuming) must have a fixed distance test rig, that of 1.0 m. And it would be easier for them to vary voltage than the distance of the apparatus.
Old 29th August 2007, 16:18   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I understand, sir. What I meant to say is that most people (I am assuming) must have a fixed distance test rig, that of 1.0 m. And it would be easier for them to vary voltage than the distance of the apparatus.
Yes, in an anechoic chamber the test rig is usually 1m.
Old 29th August 2007, 18:34   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
LBM,

This discussion has been done before extensively in another thread and if you remember I told you that the manufacturer measure sensitivity of a driver in a closed and controlled environment called "anechoic chamber" not by calculating from other parameters using formula.

Stop judging any drivers capability on the basis of sensitivity figures as it does not affect sound quality at all. At the end sound quality is what matters.
ok it doesn't affect sq but it does affect output and i will look for a higher sensitivity sub if possible because i dont have enough amp power to drive a power hungry sub.

when i was upgrading the ice, the es380 was finalized because it was the best i coud do in my budget. and when i asked gunbir if my amp wil be able to power the sub properly(a 15 incher in a sealed enclosure) he said not to worry as the sub has a high sensitivity rating.

what im trying to say is that sensitivity matters for a person who cant afford or doesnt have a powerful amp.

no offence meant

cheers
clip
Old 29th August 2007, 23:41   #68
Senior - BHPian

Here are a few true high sensitivity subs..

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraud...iew.shopscript

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraud...iew.shopscript
Old 30th August 2007, 14:16   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
LBM those subs have a sens of abou 86-88db (1W/1m). I have seen higher, much higher. They can handle a lot of power though. In general subs with big Xmax do not have high sensitivity.
Old 30th August 2007, 14:19   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LBM those subs have a sens of abou 86-88db (1W/1m). I have seen higher, much higher. They can handle a lot of power though. In general subs with big Xmax do not have high sensitivity.
Navin Ji the 10 and 12 Inch models have lower senstivty but the 15 an 18 inch have 90 db (1w/1m) and 93 db (1w/1m).
Old 30th August 2007, 14:34   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Navin Ji the 10 and 12 Inch models have lower senstivty but the 15 an 18 inch have 90 db (1w/1m) and 93 db (1w/1m).
LBM 95-98db is considered high sensitivity.
Old 30th August 2007, 15:15   #72
BHPian

lbm bro who says 12 incher have lower sensitivity.
critical mass 12" subwoofer has a sensitivity of 93 db.
Old 30th August 2007, 16:16   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
lbm bro who says 12 incher have lower sensitivity.
critical mass 12" subwoofer has a sensitivity of 93 db.
ok 93db at what rating 1watt/1meter or 2.83volt/1meter.
Old 30th August 2007, 16:17   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LBM 95-98db is considered high sensitivity.
Sir the 18 inch BTL model is having 95 db senstivity.
Old 30th August 2007, 21:11   #75
BHPian

Set-up Finalised!!!!!!!!!!!

Friends,
Setup has been finalised and has been ordered finally !! and one still feels like, this would or could have better and it's all because of highly result oriented n specific discussions but PAISA sala is the biggest constarint.
I am staisfied(can't use the word"HAPPY",not possible in ICE as better is always there) with my setup and things i am getting for my money.Thanks goes loud n out to one n all for helping me out in every possible way esp to RAJAT(SCARYSKULL) we discussed n debated on this setup till 3 in nites!!
Here goes my setup:-

Headunit:-Kenwood MP4036
Drivers:-
Front-HERTZ ESK 165
Rear-HERTZ ECX 165
Sub:-ID10D2 V.3 D2 Sealed Enc
AMP:- JBL GTO 75.4
Wires:-
AUDISON FPK300 FT2 500 FL214
Damping:-5 sq meter AZ Fono
Now i am having sleepless nites!!
Will keep all of posted on the development of system cause the major work is still pending that's:-INSTALLATION n TUNNING!!! Hardest things to do!!
Till then CHEERS!!!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks