Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2007, 12:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

That is very sad indeed, a lot of wrong people are there in the car accessories business today, they just about open up a shop and do whatever they feel like with the customer's car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Hi all. This reminded me of the issue I had. I had given my Accent to fit in a Pioneer sub (the open air type) and the tuning done by the those people in a place called Car Shoppe was pathetic!! I had to retune the whole system by myself at home the very next day. And they also damaged several plastic linings while fixing the wires and amp.
And to make things worse, there was some whining sound coming from the speakers (before I fit the sub) and I figured it was something with the wiring. The sales guy made me replace all my wiring/fuse for another Rs.1,500 (not even sure of the brand) and the stupid sound hasn't gone yet (it dissapeared a year later when I got a new Sony amplifier, so that was the cause!!)
And to make things even worse, they placed the amp behind the rear seats, and while they were cutting the wires, they left the small fragments of wire shavings which was embeded in the seat, near the amp and around the wire connections. Around 3 or 4 months later, my head unit suddenly fried!! I mean it was like my cooking at home, something was getting really burnt!!
I gave the stereo to the Pioneer service center and they inspected my amp and said that the shaving around it must have shorted out the stereo and they proved thier point when they put in a fuse or something (pardon my ignorance!!) and the damn thing got fried again.
Anyway, the pioneer service guys were kind enough to remove the amp, clear everything out and reset the whole system.
Local installers, who needs them!!!
Old 14th September 2007, 15:44   #32
BHPian

I think biggest cause of worry is the state on installation in almost all places,leaving apart big cities,,
IMHO knowledge gained from this forum by an individual channelised thru installers is the only way out,though i needs a lot of supervision,but it does help in achieving the results,
Second major problem is tools!! When i got my system installed i was horrified to see the state of tools!!And improper tools does lead to time wastage!!
Old 17th September 2007, 07:52   #33
BHPian

Gill. I do agree to your point. I mean you can imagine my horror when they used something crude as a steel wedge tool and a hammer to create a 'hole' in my car, to put in the Sub!! I had to turn away so as not to show my agonized face everytime I heard the metal crunching sound!!!
Old 18th September 2007, 11:48   #34
BHPian

I hate stupid installers now. Few years back when i had no knowledge of what so ever about good music system. I went to instal a Sub in my Esteem. Stupid installer broke the thing that supports the Dicky when you open it Coz it was not letting sub fit in the tray. Stupid *@$ &*!@. Anyway next morning I see an esteem with a sub and no problems what so ever with the Back.

God I hate that guy so much for doing that to my esteem today also i have to hold the back all the time when i open it.

He didnt even ask me before doing it. And how he did it you wont believe it guys. The Back was Open the stupid mechanic with that panmasala in his mouth was in the back of the car. Suddely i hear a very loud THUMD. It is then he told me with a grin he broke that thing with a hard kick of his feet. Felt like kicking him thn. But I thought may be it was supposed to be done.

And later on for running sub instead of installing new pair of RC leads he was putting in Y connectors to open channel for speakers Just imagine.
Old 17th December 2007, 00:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post
Cause of the sky high prices, I went to the other local reputation dealer called "AUTOSHOP" or the other shop called Sachins Auto Shop ( not tendulkers, 100% sure)

These guys ( brothers ) were well very nicely stabbed a knife in to my back by speaking so politely, though I do admit the mistake is all mine to got to them!!

I asked for the 4" componenets speakers first, as the Alpine 4" component was not available in grey also they suggested the JBL GTO 427, I had a print out of a JBP 4" P seriesm he did not mention the same also.

I had asked for the best damn 4" speakers ( though the difference is little) anyways going ahead he suggested to go for balupunt 369.1 in the rear ( as a noob I asked why) he said far superior to GTO 937, are similiarly priced at around 5k with b&w.

I did ask arents both the brands and the series in thhe front and rear be the same and he said no no no. ( at that time point i did not know why but I had read the same on TBHP)

Then the boys came in for the intsallation and they were very cannibalistic with my car, removing the seats and scratche on a 2 day old santro) holes in the carpet, amplifiers under the seat and with a thermacol support etc.

Above all this he charged everything pn MRP and also charged me around 950 for the installation.

and what do I get, a very bass heavy sub and speakers with no highs and midrange.

Gain was on full and HPF was on Flat for both the rear and front speakers and of course who can forget the bass boost ( an installers favourite)

After the install I never went to his shop, tuned the system myself with the help of instructions given by Sam.

I dont have the Boxes, I dont have the Grills for the front speakers ( he kept it) I dont have the JBL stickers and no India warranty card and no manual.

They are only passionate about making whatever money they can by duping customers like me.

I wont recommend anyone to them. Sure they speak nice..but thats it to the deal.

A heartbroken story by JPL.

PS: After much insistence on giving me a discount he gave me a china car perfume. which i used once and replaced.

the Kind of support that I get here and the advice is something I wished I got have got in person during the installation.

I did not even think of keeping the boxes, in case i sell etc..

As I was new to TBHP I was well sorta shy to ask for this kinda help.

Anyways after 51k on the install one quote comes to my mind ( a fool and his money are easily parted)
Sad to know your experience. Stay away from Auto Planet in Koramangala, behind BDA complex.
They just push whatever they have margin. Later I learnt that the speakers were fake. No after sales support. They charge everything on MRP. Installation is pathetic. Stay away from this shop.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 17th December 2007 at 00:33.
Old 17th December 2007, 02:30   #36
JPL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Sad to know your experience. Stay away from Auto Planet in Koramangala, behind BDA complex.
They just push whatever they have margin. Later I learnt that the speakers were fake. No after sales support. They charge everything on MRP. Installation is pathetic. Stay away from this shop.
Auto Planet has another branch below the BSK 2 Stage Hutch Shop. And guess what he put up my JBL 1204BR box in the display!!

Iam really not sure if they sell fake speakers, but for sure they only push whatever they have good margin on.

If you have personally or anyone you know of have experienced the same situation please do elaborate.
Old 17th December 2007, 16:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Auto Planet has another branch below the BSK 2 Stage Hutch Shop. And guess what he put up my JBL 1204BR box in the display!!

Iam really not sure if they sell fake speakers, but for sure they only push whatever they have good margin on.

If you have personally or anyone you know of have experienced the same situation please do elaborate.
I have experienced it personally.

I took delivery of my getz and went there for a set of good speakers.I am retaining my good old Pioneer 4750 HU.
They tried a lot to sell their Nakamichi sound system(Speakers, amplifier and woofer) to me and I did not bite it. I wanted good quality speakers for the front and back. I was inclined towards Alpine and he had only a pair of Alpine CoAxials 6*9 worth 9000 bucks which I selected for rear.
His collection is limited and the choice I had for front was Pioneer/ Boston/ Nakamichi. I wanted components and he did not have them. Then he started pushing a set of Pioneer speakers worth 1250 bucks. My budget for the front speakers was 9000 bucks. I trusted him and went for the Pioneer speakers. I was happy with the rear Alpine, but the Pioneer was bad. Later I learnt that those Pioneer speakers were fake and he has fitted 4" speakers on 6" provision.

The installation is done by boys without proper tools and those guys treated my car badly. Got a severe rattling at the back just because of the way they pulled wire to the rear speakers. I took the car back with the rattling complain. He did not care as he has already milked me with sunfilm worth 15000 and autocop/ speakers. He applied some plasters for rattling and that did not help. The went again and the treatment towards me was pathetic. I have decided never to use a wooden plank for speakers as it makes the rattling worse. Thats the only rattling in my car and it reminds me of these guys everyday.

Financially, I did not lose much but they are wolf in sheeps clothing.

Later, after doing proper research I took car to Sprocket in Koramangala and replaced fake Pioneers with Alpine SPS-171A component speakers/ Panasonic Amplifier. The shop has got good collection and the installation is ok. They do not deal in Alpine now.

What I learnt the hard way is that proper research about the shop and more importantly what we want is very important. I helped them to cheat me and it is partly my fault. Now, I stopped trusting these so called professionals who setup shops to cheat people.

After reading the posts, I have decided to take help of BlueRaven, Satya, when I upgrade my system. Satya, hope you still remember me. I had come with my 9 year old nephew for the Yelagiri Team-BHP meet. Your Ikon rocks!!
Old 17th December 2007, 19:48   #38
JPL
BHPian

Thanks for sharing your story, I hope people are more careful after reading those posts.

Last edited by JPL : 17th December 2007 at 19:50.
Old 19th December 2007, 13:44   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Totally agree with the comment about Auto Planet. I had them fit a pioneer HU and speakers for my Baleno. For some reason, the speaker wires touch the body of the car every time I go over a pothole or speedbreaker, and the sound get cut off.

Lets say I dont have much ICE these days :(
Old 19th December 2007, 14:15   #40
BHPian

budget constraints do bite into dreams of owning something on par with a peer group, but that is completely different from losing money and getting cheated at a cheap install Auto Shop.

most of the times a good read about whatever has to be installed will go a long way. be it on the car or off it. get involved in the whole project down to the last nail, you will be amazed at the results and can turn out to be a true show-off even with a low budget.
Old 19th December 2007, 14:19   #41
BHPian

guys in chennai...... watch out for this installer who goes by the name of mark. he is put up near kilpauk after the medavaakam tank road. got my a scorpio ICE'd there. you wouldn't believe the kind of cheap quality materials he used. Boschmann tweeters, east something component woofers and horrible cabling.

i forced him to take all the crap back and put in JBL stuff thanks to Sam and other audio gurus on the forum. even then i had lot of niggling issues with the installation.

icing on the cake was the lesson this mark gave me on car electronics and the presence of alternator whining noise being normal. he is full of $#!T. i think i would even go to the extent of calling him "NIVIT BHASIN" of the ICE-ing in chennai!!!
Old 19th December 2007, 14:32   #42
RAC
BHPian

Thanks for sharing your experiences guys. I had Auto Planet as the 1st Option for my ICE plans (basic system) int he near future.
Old 19th December 2007, 15:55   #43
BHPian

Avoid going to Pit Stop in Bangalore for buying ICE products(oppositte to Lifestyle, on old shopper stop building, same building where car shringar is there).
He sold a fake soundstreme amp to me, and his installers all suck. they did not even wire a proper ground on my install. When I went to him again complaining about the amp, which were shown in soundstreme website, he told they are new ones and might not be updated in website! LoL.

I suspect my Kicker ex693 speakers he sold are also fake. He did pass his verdict of JBLs being crap speakers before selling Kicker to me.

I have nobody to blame but myself for buying some stuffs from that place.

I guess I did not do my homework properly and wasn't patient enough to look around for genuine products. Somehow I trusted Sunny of pitstop, unfortunately.

Just wanted to give a heads-up for friends here to be aware of this place.

I did like the lenso alloys he sells there.
Old 19th December 2007, 19:46   #44
JPL
BHPian

Clarification

Quote:
I got my setup installed from Autoshop and not Auto Planet. Nevertheless he sucks big time too, details in this thread itself and AutoShop has a showroom below the BSK 2 stage Hutch/Vodafone Shop.

Very nice talking and cunning, be careful.
Old 19th December 2007, 20:02   #45
JPL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
icing on the cake was the lesson this mark gave me on car electronics and the presence of alternator whining noise being normal. he is full of $#!T. i think i would even go to the extent of calling him "NIVIT BHASIN" of the ICE-ing in chennai!!!
LOL nivit bhasin of "ICe" nice one.

If anyone is planning a Ice upgrade or anyone you know, it would be good that you also discuss the configuration and also where to get it installed and at what approx prices !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks