Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2007, 11:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonskies911 View Post
Hi Navin and low_bass_makker,
Thanks for the replies. Budget is not a problem as long as it sticks to my conditions. No extra cutouts, subs and amps. Is it better to go for comps at both the front and back? If so what is the advantage?
Thanks again.
I suggest you stick to any of the entry level offerings from the various brands, dont go in for the higher-end and power hungry speaker products since you are using the stock head unit and no power amplifier. In fact, and I dont always recommend this, use parcel tray and mount 6x9s since the bass you will get from four budget 6 inchers in the doors may prove inadequate.
Old 24th July 2007, 11:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I suggest you stick to any of the entry level offerings from the various brands, dont go in for the higher-end and power hungry speaker products since you are using the stock head unit and no power amplifier. In fact, and I dont always recommend this, use parcel tray and mount 6x9s since the bass you will get from four budget 6 inchers in the doors may prove inadequate.

Do not go for speakers in the rear door. Instead go for them in the rear parcel shelf.
Old 24th July 2007, 12:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

here are some pics you may find useful...

stock tweeter location, soft cover removed

Inner side of front door panel, speaker location

The stock spacer ring...

Note that stock speaker ring is for 6" speaker, and a 6.5" doesn't fit properly. So if installing 6.5" speaker, go for custom MDF spacer rings.

Use harness connectors to connect your speakers instead of cutting and splicing stock cables.

Tweeter in stock location...

Last edited by gunbir : 24th July 2007 at 12:23.
Old 25th July 2007, 08:49   #19

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions and a special thanks to gunbir for the Photographs. Gunbir, can you please let me know the brand and type of stock speakers in sx4?
Old 26th July 2007, 01:08   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post

Do not go for speakers in the rear door. Instead go for them in the rear parcel shelf.
LBM...Is it because he isnt going in for a sub and this arrangement would provide some bass?

What if someone goes for a sub in boot? Would parcel tray speakers still be advised?

Sid
Old 26th July 2007, 01:27   #21
BHPian

Probably these are questions for Sam San,

Any component speaker system in JBL GTO series that is a direct fit on 6" ring and shown tweeter space?

And whats the difference in GTO 75.4 II and GTO 75.4?
Old 7th August 2007, 13:49   #22
BHPian

ICE for SX4 zxi

Hello,

I am expecting my SX4 to be delivered this week end. I want to upgrade the music system.

1. Car: SX4 ZXi
2. Current setup : Standard Company fitted [ Nippon HU, 6'' front & Rear speaker mounted to door and Front tweeters]
3. Budget: 20k
4. Do you drive most of the time or is it chauffer driven? _I always Drive
5. Music preferences (Genres, favorite artists, etc.): Classical Hindustani, New Age, Blues [ Don't like metalic/Rap] I don;t like to hear very loud or with BOOM, but like to have the clarity.
6. Are you ready to sacrifice your boot space/modify door panels? : __I don't liketo modify the doors, but boot can be sacrificed.

As head unit is nicely integrated to console and with audio controls on steering wheel, I don't like to change my HU.
But like to upgrade speakers with new amplifier.
I sort of considering to buy JBL GTO 75.4 Amp, to power front components and rear co-ax.
I shopped around to find out

JBL GTP75.4 11k
GTO6060CE (component) 5.5 K
Installation Kit .3 to 3 K
Sub GT4-10 3.8 k (Is it required??? considering clarity is important, I guess yes because it can reproduce low frequency)

One guy from Residency road told me that this Amp can also power a sub JBL GT410, so it can power front & rear comp as well as sub, and suggested to go for that.

He also mentioned that he has other brands of comp such as Fusion 9.5 k , Rockfort 11.5 K, Infinity 9.8K, Lighting 7.5 k, which are better than JBL.
At the moment I am confused and seek some advice.

1) For my budget and listening preferences, which brands I should Go for. If required I can stretch my budget to another 5k.
2) Can JBL GTO75.4 can power front & rear comp as well as sub?
3) Whether the prizes quoted are Ok?
4) This installation will effect the car's warranty by any means?
5) Any references to genuine and expert installation guys in Bangalore?
6) Any other ICE setup can be considered?

Thanks all in advance.

Regards,
Andy
Old 7th August 2007, 16:42   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy73 View Post
1. Car: SX4 ZXi
2. Current setup : Standard Company fitted
3. Budget: 20k
4. Do you drive most of the time or is it chauffer driven? _I always Drive
5. Music preferences (Genres, favorite artists, etc.): Classical Hindustani, New Age, Blues
6. Are you ready to sacrifice your boot space/modify door panels? : __I don't liketo modify the doors, but boot can be sacrificed.

I sort of considering to buy JBL GTO 75.4 Amp, to power front components and rear co-ax.
JBL GTP75.4 11k
GTO6060CE (component) 5.5 K
Installation Kit .3 to 3 K
Sub GT4-10 3.8 k (Is it required??? considering clarity is important, I guess yes because it can reproduce low frequency)

1) For my budget and listening preferences, which brands I should Go for. If required I can stretch my budget to another 5k.
2) Can JBL GTO75.4 can power front & rear comp as well as sub?
3) Whether the prizes quoted are Ok?
4) This installation will effect the car's warranty by any means?
5) Any references to genuine and expert installation guys in Bangalore?
6) Any other ICE setup can be considered?
I think you have answered your own question. With 20K I'd do just the same get a nice amp, sub and front components. However the 606 has been replaced with the 607. I would get th 607, GT 4-10 and 75.4 at the prices you got and use the Nippon HU.

Only one problem I see is that you might need some speaker level to line level adapters for the amp. I dont think the OEM HU has any preouts.

The 75.4 will not power front rear and sub. so just use the HU's amp to power the rears.

If the insaller uses a harness it will not affect your warranties.

Never heard Fusion or Rockfort and I prefer Infinty to JBL too but remember Infinity is a sister brand of JBL.

Last edited by navin : 7th August 2007 at 16:44.
Old 7th August 2007, 17:08   #24
BANNED

JBL 75.4, GT4 10 and the front components. Nice combination.
Power the rear speakers from the HU itself.

Do have a demo listening session of the speakers before you buy. Especially the front components. That has to suit your tastes.

Regarding other brands, it is hardly possible that a similar amp/speaker from the above mentioned brands would be cheaper than JBL. JBL is one of the best VFM products in India.

if you are looking for expensive options, then there are plenty in store. I would like to specially mention Hertz (my favourite brand) which has some very good speakers in their line up. But as I told, you'll have to be pocket cautious.
Old 7th August 2007, 17:23   #25
VBV
BHPian

I listen to Hindustani Classical quite a lot and a little bit of Blues/Jazz amongst others. I have a SX4 ZXi and I did not feel the necessity to up the ICE. For one, the stock ICE is good at mid freq ranges, but pathetic at bass. And hence for classical music, its pretty good. IMHO, you might want to give it a few weeks of time before you upgrade.

There is one expert installation guy in Wilson Garden. He does not really look it, but he does the job fine. He's situated in the road parallel to/behind Mandovi motors, Wilson Garden. I'd been with my friend once.

Last edited by VBV : 7th August 2007 at 17:24.
Old 7th August 2007, 19:18   #26
BHPian

Hi All,
Thanks all for your suggestions! just checked with Sagar Automobiles guy, He is offering GTO75.4 at 13k, GT507 Comp @ 5.5k GT0637 Co-ax @ 4k sub GT01264 + box @ 7.5 k.
He said it is not from gray market, but it is coming with additional cost. May be I should go with him, to be sure product is genuine??

I think in summary I should go for GTO75.4 + GTO607C for front Comp, GTO Co-Ax for Rear with Sub GT4-10. Use Amp to power front comp & sub. The rear to be powered by HU amp.
However all this after the existing ICE doenot satisfy and meet my taste.

Thanks guy for all your inputs. Like to get some pointers for the installation guys in Bangalore.
Andy
Old 7th August 2007, 22:52   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by doniv View Post
Gunbir did say that the OEM Nippon unit has a single pair of full-range pre-out - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...r-install.html

In the manual though, the RCA connectors are shown as "Rear-left output" and "Rear-right output". Any clues?
well you can use these for teh sub then. for the front you will still need the adapter.
Old 8th August 2007, 06:31   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
I listen to Hindustani Classical quite a lot and a little bit of Blues/Jazz amongst others. I have a SX4 ZXi and I did not feel the necessity to up the ICE. For one, the stock ICE is good at mid freq ranges, but pathetic at bass. And hence for classical music, its pretty good. IMHO, you might want to give it a few weeks of time before you upgrade.
IMO even for Hindustani classical an upgrade is always worth it.. Im a fan too... and it sounds way better with the upgrade...Hindustani Vocals and components speakers go very very well.... if its a 3 way even better...

Frankly good classical music whether it be Hindustani or western is for what really needs good high end audio was made for as all the fine nuances will be bought forward by good equipment....my 2 cent
Old 8th August 2007, 10:46   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy73 View Post
Hi All,
Thanks all for your suggestions! just checked with Sagar Automobiles guy, He is offering GTO75.4 at 13k, GT507 Comp @ 5.5k GT0637 Co-ax @ 4k sub GT01264 + box @ 7.5 k.
He said it is not from gray market, but it is coming with additional cost. May be I should go with him, to be sure product is genuine??
Hi Andy,

I believe the products would be with B&W at that price. Notice I've highlighted the sub with box. That sub is priced ar 5K. MRP. That means he is minimum charging you 2.5K for the box.

The price of a JBL boxed sub (a very good quality box) is 7990 MRP. That makes this a little pricey. Also make sure that the box is of a good quality (.75" MDF) and made according to the specs of the woofer. A box for one 12" woofer is not the same for another woofer of another series/brand.
Old 8th August 2007, 11:44   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Hi Andy,
That sub is priced ar 5K. MRP. That means he is minimum charging you 2.5K for the box.

The price of a JBL boxed sub (a very good quality box) is 7990 MRP. That makes this a little pricey.
Hi Sam, Thanks for pointing out! He is charging 6k for sub & 1.5k for box. Yes it is coming with B&W.
Is it good to go with CS1204B for 7.9k which comes with box. As box is designed & Built by JBL could be good. Do you suggest to go with that then???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks