Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2007, 11:56   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
well you can use these for teh sub then. for the front you will still need the adapter.
Hi Navin & Dovin,
I am confused now. I guess preamp outs goes to amp, and from there to sub & front comp. If we are using HU to power rear co-ax then the full range outputs can be connected to rear co-ax I think. Sorry I am and Not that techy! What is an adapter??
Old 8th August 2007, 12:12   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

I am very fond of the CS1204B.
I think it's a great product for the price.
Old 8th August 2007, 12:30   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy73 View Post
Hi Navin & Dovin,
I am confused now. I guess preamp outs goes to amp, and from there to sub & front comp. If we are using HU to power rear co-ax then the full range outputs can be connected to rear co-ax I think. Sorry I am and Not that techy! What is an adapter??
very simple. the HU has only one pre out (usually rear).

Now when you fade; you fade between the speaker outs (front) and pre outs (rear). THis is ok if you are using the HU to drive the front speakers directly. but when you add an amp (for the front speakers) you will still need to fade so what you need to do is connect the front speaker out (via a speaker to line level adapter) to the amp and then the amp to the speaker. this way you still retaing the fading function of the HU.

In your case you have rear speakers still driven by the HU. Now when you fade the rear speakers the rear sub level will also fade as the sub is connected to the rear RCA out (there are no front RCA out). Some HUs have a feature whereby you can use the rear outs as sub outs where they do not fade with the rear speakers but are independant. Check if your does.

Last edited by navin : 8th August 2007 at 12:33.
Old 10th August 2007, 09:50   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

I can confirm to you that the stock speakers on SX4 are not very good. The HU is OK, not fantastic. A chinese unit, branded as a Nippon.

Amplifying the stock speakers will not give you what you seek. You need to replace them first.
Old 10th August 2007, 13:06   #35

Hey Sam, can you also please confirm whether the pre-out is a full range or only rear speaker?

I'd want to avoid a line level adapter if possible.
Old 12th August 2007, 11:18   #36
BHPian

When sub-wooofer is installed in SX4, how do we control the woofer volume level alone with the Nippon (default) HU. Is that possible or what alternative way to do this.
Old 25th August 2007, 14:16   #37
BHPian

hi
im also expecting the sx4 zxi delivery in another 10-12 days. when i saw the rear door mounted speakers i thought they were too small and hence wanted to mount the jbl 936e 6"X9" speakers i already own at the back behind the headrests (where speakers normally are..dont know if there is a specific term for that area). when i asked the dealer this he for one was ready to install the speakers himself even if i didnt get them from him so the electrical warranty wouldnt lapse (??) but he also suggested an amp since there would be 8 speakers in the car then. does that make any sense? or should i just disconnect the rear door mounted speakers because i cant stand the fact that they look so small. opinions/advice anyone?
Old 27th August 2007, 00:08   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
When sub-wooofer is installed in SX4, how do we control the woofer volume level alone with the Nippon (default) HU. Is that possible or what alternative way to do this.
whe you install a subwoofer (for such HUs) be careful to choose an amp that allows level control. it is a seperate pot used to control the level of the amp from the cabin. the pot can be installed under the dash or some other discrete location.
Old 30th August 2007, 21:30   #39
BHPian

Speakers or Woofer for SX4 ZXi

hi all
i took delivery of the sx4 today, and after hearing the system was alot more impressed than i thought i would be. however the treble is really annoying to my ears, with the bass kicking in only when the volume is at 40; which is already deafening.
i already have a pair of JBLs gto936e with me and was wondering if these would be more effective than a woofer in the boot. also if i were to install any one of these 2; would i require an amp? im asking because i dont understand 1 pre out and whatever else has been discussed above.
anyone??
Old 31st August 2007, 00:15   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
1. i already have a pair of JBLs gto936e with me and was wondering if these would be more effective than a woofer in the boot.

2. if i were to install any one of these 2; would i require an amp? im asking because i dont understand 1 pre out and whatever else has been discussed above.
Answer to 1 is no, a subwoofer is any day better than 6X9s in producing good bass. So, a subwoofer (preferably with the 936s in the rear) would be a better option.

About 2, if you just install 936 in the rear, amplifier is not mandatory. However, for a sub, you need to have an amplifier.

However, it would be better if you could upgrade the front-stage by installing a pair of components before you venture into any of this. The rear would start to dominate and you'd hear all the sound from the rear.

If you're ready to spend, get a pair of components for the front, retain the 936s for the rear, get a 4-channel amplifier, a sub and power the components and the sub from the amplifier. Just look around in the forum and you'll see a whole lot of options for this.

And about the pre-outs, (In very layman terms) they are the outputs from the head unit, recognized by the female RCA sockets on the back of the head unit. A pair of white (left) and right (right) channels is recognized as 1 pre-out head unit, while 2-pairs of the same (front and rear pairs) recognized as 2 pre-out and so on. Some Head units also provide a subwoofer level output, which is considered another pre-out.
Old 31st August 2007, 00:41   #41
BHPian

aah..ok think i get the preout bit now..by components do you mean tweeters? but as of now all i hear is treble with the factory tweeters,so wont the jbls at the back compensate with the bass-cos i had them in the siena with just the factory fitted 4 speakers in the front and the sound was pretty good; also here the tweeters are alot closer to the seats than the siena.

Last edited by anantnehru : 31st August 2007 at 00:50.
Old 31st August 2007, 01:34   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
by components do you mean tweeters? but as of now all i hear is treble with the factory tweeters,so wont the jbls at the back compensate with the bass-cos i had them in the siena with just the factory fitted 4 speakers in the front and the sound was pretty good; also here the tweeters are alot closer to the seats than the siena.
Components maybe 2-way or 3-way - In both, a midbass and tweeter are essentially present, whereas the 3-ways have an additional (separate) midrange.

It is not a very good idea to leave the rear speakers more powerful than the front. Everyday, we (here in the ICE section) see people complaning about how they can only hear the boom from the rear and not hear anything else.

So, the sensible decision would be to install 2-way components in the stock locations in the doors. Since your stock speakers are pretty bad, you can only hear the treble now - replace them with a pair of good components and fill the front-stage up with some midrange and midbass.

And about the bass part, yes, the low-end bass would always be produced in the rear - the front end compliments it.

P.S: I see that you're still trying to figure out the basics. Please try to go through some threads that discuss these things so that you can decide better.
Old 31st August 2007, 16:17   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
P.S: I see that you're still trying to figure out the basics. Please try to go through some threads that discuss these things so that you can decide better.
Arey baba, we start some place. be happy that people have chosen to start here. chill.

anant, go ahead and ask any audio related question (notice I did not even say CAR audio).
Old 31st August 2007, 16:49   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Arey baba, we start some place. be happy that people have chosen to start here. chill.

anant, go ahead and ask any audio related question (notice I did not even say CAR audio).
Yes sir, I said that with a smile

That is exacty why I tried to contribute my 50ps in it. I was just suggesting that he could get a lot of information by searching around on this forum.

I included it in the P.S part for the same reason.

Anant, ask your questions without any hesitation.
Old 31st August 2007, 21:21   #45
BHPian

lol..thanks alot but you're right actually, i think i will go through some other threads just to get my basics a little better than they are. Never knew so much went into installing a system! But thanks alot for your help and dont worry will continue to ask!
Also omishra: i did adjust the bass and treble from the HU; put treb at 1 and bass at 2-now before someone asks why: i dont know really just always had my settings that way!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks