Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2007, 18:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

New ICE products for 2008

Clarion unveils colorful double-DIN head units

Quote:
Oh sure, we've seen plenty of flashy and sophisticated devices aimed at filling that gaping double-DIN hole in your dash, but how's about a device that 10-year old passengers and suckers for all-things-adorable would also dig? Enter Clarion's newest duo, which comes in either white (DUB275MP) or black (DUB275MPB; seen after the jump) and actually packs quite a nice feature set considering the lighthearted design. Aside from the CD drive, it also offers up a front-mounted USB port for loading up MP3 / WMA files, customizable accent lights, optional Bluetooth, AM / FM tuner, a 50-watt x 4 amplifier and a cutesy display to boot. Check 'em out later this month for ¥34,650 ($295) apiece.
Clarion unveils colorful double-DIN head units - Engadget

It looks a bit too Disney for me. :(
Old 2nd November 2007, 17:01   #2
BHPian

hello gurus
How good are these ICE equipments from China? One of my cousins has picked up a dvd player with a 7" motorised screen. Is it worth looking at these around a price range of 15 to 18k?
Satish
Old 3rd November 2007, 02:53   #3
BHPian

New GTO series amplifiers Launched

Check out the models here
JBL Car & Marine Audio
Old 3rd November 2007, 08:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayz View Post
New GTO series...
Check out the models here
JBL Car & Marine Audio
Looking good! Looks like the good ol' 75.4 went to the gym, and got itself a new tailor!
Old 3rd November 2007, 10:31   #5
BHPian

Installed Sony CDX GT 660US in my Swift VDI a little over a month ago.

Paid 7k in grey market. MRP is Rs. 9990

Speakers were only in the front (with spacers) since that suits my needs.
Old 3rd November 2007, 11:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Sam, is the GTO5355 going to be available in India? If so, at what MRP?

The range is looking good for sure, but the website update is a bit confusing. The CS series are still in there, especially CS300.1
Old 3rd November 2007, 12:05   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sam, is the GTO5355 going to be available in India?
No Der Alte, not yet.

What have been launched (today! Monday on the shelves - man you guys are quick! We have to really be on our toes, lol) are:

Well here's a cropped screenshot, to save me the spiel:

I'm really looking forward to the comments

I can also officially tell you that all current GTO series amplifiers (75.4, 301.1, 601.1, 1201.1) are now officially disconned.

Quote:
the website update is a bit confusing.
For certain non-dynamic countries, the CS series and the Old GTO series is still current. (Obviously due to the presence of quantities of the model). Launches made in India are worldwide simultaneous releases. This means that the audio enthusiast in India get the products at the same time as someone in New York
In fact we are faster than most other so-called developed countries.

Those will be off the website next month. As of you you can see that the old GTO amplifiers and new GTO amplifiers, co-exist on the site.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 3rd November 2007 at 12:22.
Old 3rd November 2007, 12:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

Sam, kudos to you for ensuring that we are on the map of worldwide releases.

Keep up the good work.
Old 3rd November 2007, 12:44   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd like to add that these products do not belong on this thread as they are new products released for 2008
Old 3rd November 2007, 13:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I'd like to add that these products do not belong on this thread as they are new products released for 2008
Exactly, this thread was started in Nov 2006. So its time for the "New products for 2008" to commence.

Oh and nice work with the new line JuBLeeeeeee
Old 3rd November 2007, 22:23   #11
BHPian

Current GTO disconned !!!!

Quote:

I can also officially tell you that all current GTO series amplifiers (75.4, 301.1, 601.1, 1201.1) are now officially disconned.

Sam, now what do i do, having recently purchased the GTO 75.4, i was saving up for the GTO 300.1

How does the GTO300.1 match up to the GTO3501 SQ wise ?

Just when i thought that now is a good time to be Jbl'd, the new launches have put a seriously painful spanner in my works, Ouch !
Old 3rd November 2007, 23:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

For certain non-dynamic countries, the CS series and the Old GTO series is still current. (Obviously due to the presence of quantities of the model). Launches made in India are worldwide simultaneous releases. This means that the audio enthusiast in India get the products at the same time as someone in New York
In fact we are faster than most other so-called developed countries.
Sam, great to know that India is ahead of some developed countries in this regard. Kudos to JBL for making it possible.

About the amplifiers, I think the ratings of the amplifiers are great. I liked the 1004 - I think it brings a good, more powerful 4-ch amplifier in the GTO series. If I'm not mistaken, this was missing in the previous line-up.

The pricing seems great. JBL seems to have bridged the gap between CS and GTO in a way. Earlier, the CS was inexpensive and not-so-great. However, to buy a GTO amplifier, the customer would have to spend almost twice as much. I think 504 will very well cover-up this difference.

The 3501 again, is very very well priced. It is not too higher than the (late, lol) 300.1, and is more powerful compared to that.

I think there is a very nice spectrum (if I may call it that) of products, sufficing every budget and customer need. The speakers and the amplifiers are available over a very wide range, giving enormous choice to the customer and also helping up-selling and cross-selling.

I have a question to ask - why don't we see a 2-channel amplifier in GTO? Is it that a powerful 2-channel amplifier hampers the sales of the monoblock?

Congrats and all the best!

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 3rd November 2007 at 23:40.
Old 4th November 2007, 09:30   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Anger View Post
Sam, now what do i do, having recently purchased the GTO 75.4, i was saving up for the GTO 300.1

How does the GTO300.1 match up to the GTO3501 SQ wise ?
I suppose you mean the GTO301.1 - You can still buy this product, there might be stock in your city.

I have not heard the GTO3501, to tell you the truth, but having heard the 1004, I suspect the quality will be excellent. The power is more than the 301.1

You've got the 75.4 (nice!) - why don't you just get the GTO3501 to go with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
About the amplifiers, I think the ratings of the amplifiers are great. I liked the 1004 - I think it brings a good, more powerful 4-ch amplifier in the GTO series. If I'm not mistaken, this was missing in the previous line-up.

The pricing seems great. JBL seems to have bridged the gap between CS and GTO in a way.

I think 504 will very well cover-up this difference.

I have a question to ask - why don't we see a 2-channel amplifier in GTO? Is it that a powerful 2-channel amplifier hampers the sales of the monoblock?
Raghu those were some excellent comments. Yes the GTO504 is a proper entry level pure SQ amplifier, perfect for driving those high quality components and speakers.

TO have a SQ driven (even though the power rating is not very high) amplifier at below 10K is an excellent achievement.

The GTO1004 has a difficult responsibility on its shoulders. This is the amplifier that replaces the legendary GTO75.4. One fantastic new feature in the 1004 is the inclusion of a LP/HP and BP(Band pass) filter. The band pass filter will allow you to electronically connect a 2 way or 3 way active system, using the electronic crossovers on the amplifier.

There is a 2 channel amplifier in the new GTO series called the GTO752. This has not yet been introduced and even after it is launched, it may not see light in India. 2 channel amplifiers are not popular here as they are not good value for money, as opposed to the 4 channel amplifiers. And the presence of a subwoofer monoblock takes away more utility from a bridgeable 2 channel amp.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 4th November 2007 at 09:33.
Old 4th November 2007, 10:42   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The GTO1004 has a difficult responsibility on its shoulders. This is the amplifier that replaces the legendary GTO75.4. One fantastic new feature in the 1004 is the inclusion of a LP/HP and BP(Band pass) filter. The band pass filter will allow you to electronically connect a 2 way or 3 way active system, using the electronic crossovers on the amplifier.
Fantastic! Now GTO1004 looks like a better option. Inclusion of BP for speakers is great!

And, having an output of 150W X 4 @ 2ohms means it is as good as a monoblock for the sub.

I just saw pictures of 504 and understandably, it doesn't have BP:

Old 4th November 2007, 14:51   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Excellent point! Probably true. I have seen people using the weak 60.2 bridged for sub (eeks!)

Another aspect is that this 4 speakers with/without subwoofer is the universal configuration which implies 4 ch and 1ch amps I am over simplifying things here, but in a country like ours where the tendency is to do the most with the least, a 2ch (or two 2ch) against 4ch is a no brainer equation.

Quote:
There is a 2 channel amplifier in the new GTO series called the GTO752.
Sam, is that a 75x2 or 100x2? Shouldnt it be GTO1002, the way things are shaping? Also, why replace the plexi glass with opaque ones? Any *functional* reasons?

Last edited by determinus : 4th November 2007 at 14:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks