Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2008, 09:01   #46
BHPian

@ vskesavan

hey where did u do the installations in chennai. i am also planning to get comps in my santro.
Old 20th October 2008, 16:25   #47
BHPian

for the shop details....

just go to this link for shop details....
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...s-15000-a.html
Old 26th January 2009, 18:51   #48
BHPian

plannning a ice for i10.
budget ~ rs10000/-
simple setup. mainly radio, cd, mp3, USB(pendrive). front / rear speakers. (plan not to use rear parcel tray for speakers)
please also suggest a reliable shop in noida from where to get the ice set up.
one more query - can ice and GPS set up be combined for i10? what is the cost?
gurus please advice.
Old 26th January 2009, 19:22   #49
BHPian

buy everything through the grey market for this budget
Pioneer3050 rs3800-4000 ( you will have to check for pen drive im not sure)
JBL GT5 components under 3750rs
JBL gt5 652 for the rear doors - under 1800
wires and install 600rs

i think thats close to 10k and a very good setup for that amount
Old 11th July 2012, 00:21   #50
BHPian

ICE for i10

Hi guys,

I just got myself a used i10 magna. Its having Sony CDX-GT494U HU. And I guess stock speakers.

What upgrades do you suggest provided that I can spend around 20-25k for this.
Old 11th July 2012, 10:43   #51
Senior - BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Hyundai i10

Go stage by stage:

1. Put in components in the front with a 4 channel amp, running off the current HU. The front channels of the amp should drive the components, and the rear channels the stock rear door speakers

2. At this time, you have the following choices
a. Replace the stock speakers in the rear doors with a good pair of coaxes
b. Let the rear stock speakers be, and put in 6x9 oval coaxes on a wooden plank replacing the OE parcel shelf
c. Replacing or retaining the stock rear speakers, adding a sub. If you are putting a sub, the rear channels of the amp will be bridged to drive the sub. The speakers in the rear door can be driven off the HU

3. Once you are happy with the sound, you can change the HU if you want - to something that has Bluetooth and separate sub control
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 22:58   #52
BHPian

What amp and front components do you suggest?

I dont know much about the current HU. Is that good enough to provide good sound provided that I add a 4-ch amp and good speakers on front and rear?
Old 12th July 2012, 11:35   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanth View Post
What amp and front components do you suggest? ...
Amp: Kenwood, JBL, Pioneer, even Sony at a pinch

Components: JBL, Infinity, Morel, Boston, Polk, Bull, Auditor ... depends on what you can audition, which you must before you decide to buy anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanth View Post
... current HU. Is that good enough to provide good sound ...
Nothing seriously wrong with it. The idea of stage-wise upgrade is to get used to the sound before changing something. You are used to the current sound, so changing the speakers will bring about the most change. Once you get used to that, you can change the HU (or not) based on what facilities and features you want in the HU. Definitely a Kenwood or a Pio HU would be way ahead in sound quality as compared to Sony, but you will feel the difference only when you know the current one well (needs good speakers too).
Old 26th November 2012, 19:33   #54

Hyundai i10 Audio system upgrade..Please help

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie to car audio so please excuse if my question approach is stupid.I just wanted help from knowledgeable guys like you so that i wont get fleeced in shops.

I wanted to upgrade the stock audio system in my 1st generation i10 in Chennai. I'm a kind of "Ignorance is bliss" type of guy so I'll convey my requirements in simple manner.

I have pasted 2 youtube links below for the kind of sound I'm expecting from the upgrade, Clean sound quality with massive amount of BASS.

If I could get atleast 50% of the sound effect from those videos I would be more than happy..

Please tell me what kind of audio components I should buy and which shop I can go to for a reasonable price and good workmanship.

Budget: 50 thousand rupees.

Many thanks.

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th December 2012 at 07:46. Reason: Please use http instead of https when embedding youtube videos
Old 26th November 2012, 21:01   #55
Senior - BHPian

"Clean sound quality with massive amount of BASS": the only person qualified to tell you anything about that is Mr. @low_bass_makker. Please go through this thread in the Sound Off and Show Off section - you will understand what I am referring to!

Once you understand the implications, you will realize you may have to tweak your budget, and objectives, a bit.

Last edited by DerAlte : 26th November 2012 at 21:04.
Old 26th November 2012, 21:33   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
"Clean sound quality with massive amount of BASS": the only person qualified to tell you anything about that is Mr. @low_bass_makker. Please go through this thread in the Sound Off and Show Off section - you will understand what I am referring to!

Once you understand the implications, you will realize you may have to tweak your budget, and objectives, a bit.

Thanks for your reply, But Sir that LBM thread is too much for me, I don't wanna break my car in to two with that BASS, Just want the power enough to shake some roofs lightly while i'm approaching..

I was expecting someone would reply with the list of equipments and the cost and the best place to fit them.. Please tell me if you know, so that ill just get a rough idea and i can talk to the installer, thankyou.
Old 27th November 2012, 11:14   #57
Senior - BHPian

I knew you will change your objectives sooner or later.

Not sure where in Chennai you can get such a system - do refer to the Installers thread for Chennai. What you need is:

1. A set of components in the front (6-12K)
2. A set of 6x9 coaxials on an MDF parcel shelf (discard the OE shelf) (6-9K)
3. A 4-channel amp and a Mono amp (6K + 12K) (make sure Mono comes with Sub level control)
4. 2 10" or 12" SVC 4ohm subwoofers (10-12K)
5. (Unless you want to totally sacrifice your boot area) 2 custom-fabricated fibre-glass enclosures on the boot sides (4-6K)
6. Not sure if you have the OE HU and want to keep it. If so, you will need a Line Output Converter to feed the amps. If you don't want to keep the OE HU, get a decent aftermarket HU from JVC, Clarion, Kenwood, or Pioneer. Make sure that HU has 3 Pre-outs (Front, Rear and Sub) (2-4K LoC OR 6-12K HU)
7. You will need power and RCA cables. You can either buy a kit or buy the stuff separately - the Installer should be able to help you get the best (2-3K)

* First and foremost, listen to the equipment offered by anyone. If they don't give you an audition, move on - not worth buying from that seller. Listen carefully to check whether you like the sound from that equipment (some, I am sure, you will not like). Don't look for absolute loudness in audition - that will come only after installation
* Mount the amps on a sheet of min. 1/2" plywood / MDF board screwed to the rear seat backs
* You can buy all the main stuff from the same brand: Polk, JBL, RF, Boston, Auditor (not sure if they have a mono), etc. Or you can mix and match - it depends on what kind of deal you get. Prices are likely to vary across shops and brands (that is why I said you may need to adjust your budget, though 50K is adequate)
* You need not put an external capacitor, even if the installer insists
* Make sure the power and signal (RCA) cables are run down different sides of the car
* Make sure grounding of the amps is done properly at the nearest chassis point. A bad ground will give you more than just the music

Last edited by DerAlte : 27th November 2012 at 11:18.
Old 11th December 2012, 22:15   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
1. A set of components in the front (6-12K)
2. A set of 6x9 coaxials on an MDF parcel shelf (discard the OE shelf) (6-9K)
3. A 4-channel amp and a Mono amp (6K + 12K) (make sure Mono comes with Sub level control)
4. 2 10" or 12" SVC 4ohm subwoofers (10-12K)
5. (Unless you want to totally sacrifice your boot area) 2 custom-fabricated fibre-glass enclosures on the boot sides (4-6K)
6. Not sure if you have the OE HU and want to keep it. If so, you will need a Line Output Converter to feed the amps. If you don't want to keep the OE HU, get a decent aftermarket HU from JVC, Clarion, Kenwood, or Pioneer. Make sure that HU has 3 Pre-outs (Front, Rear and Sub) (2-4K LoC OR 6-12K HU)
Hello Deralte, I'm going through your suggestions again..My questions are..

1)I'm not able to find any amps in that price range you mentioned..JBL, Infinity mono + 4ch amps costs way more than that..Could you tell me some other examples?
2)I'm planning for 1 15inch instead of 12 or 2 10's, Is it feasible in i10? if so which amp i should go for?
3)how much minimum rms watts amp + sub is needed for that loud,low and punchier bass im looking for?
3)Yes im planning to change the HU and looked for one with 3 preouts, only kenwood and alpine has them is alpine better than kenwood?

Please reply..thankyou.
Old 12th December 2012, 15:59   #59
BHPian

Hi Jo

I see that you have a very generous budget.

I guess I know just the right place where you can get ice'd. Good quality music and neat workmanship.

pm me incase you are interested.

Cheers
W_C
wild child is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 16:26   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephkarthic View Post
... 1)I'm not able to find any amps in that price range you mentioned..JBL, Infinity mono + 4ch amps costs way more than that..Could you tell me some other examples? ...
Street prices, baba, not MRP. Kenwood 4-ch is definitely 6K (they have a mono, but I don't know their price). Ditto JBL. Infinity is a tad higher.

Quote:
... 2)I'm planning for 1 15inch instead of 12 or 2 10's, Is it feasible in i10? if so which amp i should go for? ...
With a 15" you can say bye-bye to the boot. Better would be 2x10" (same total cone area as a 15") in fiberglass boxes on either side of the boot.

The amp should be able to pump at least 300W RMS into 4 ohms in bridge mode, or a mono of that rating.

The 2 subs should be 4ohm DVC or 2ohms SVC if you are using bridged amp (2ch or 4ch). If mono amp, 2 4ohms SVC subs will do.

Quote:
... 3)Yes im planning to change the HU and looked for one with 3 preouts, only kenwood and alpine has them is alpine better than kenwood? ...
Alpine is costlier, feature for feature, I know only that much. I have a Kenwood so I will be biased. I don't think there is any single factor where one is better than the other.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks